News:

Welcome to FJowners.com

It is the members who make this best place for FJ related content on the internet.

Main Menu

Nowra shed day 18th September 2021

Started by Troyskie, July 03, 2021, 03:14:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Troyskie

G'day everyone,

A great shed day was had by all.

The weather was crap, but it didn't 'dampen' out spirits  :sarcastic:.

A big chunk of the riders came to Nowra via Mudgee. Phil managed to turn his 20min trip to my place into a two day adventure with the lads.

The dyno run was a success. Pete needs to get more fuel through the carbies. Johno's 12 was a bit of a sleeper, 121 hp from a very stock 87 12. My stock-as US import red/silver went for a run on the dyno. I was hoping that after 37 years I'd still have maybe 100 horses, but she surprised me with 112hp!!

Alfs bike got the 'string line' treatment as he's had a handling issue and scrubbed out two sets of new front tyres. We also managed to fix a wiring issue.

Johno came up with a brilliant idea for re-setting a flipped fuel gauge needle using a magnet (actually a stack of old magnets I'd collected). Here's a link to a youtube vid I've posted https://youtu.be/Vn3qGm-EHsc

Here's some other pics of the event...

Troyskie.

Here's some pics
1984 FJ1100 Ms Effie brand new :)
1984 FJ1100 Pearlie, stock as.
1985 FJ1100 Mr Effie 647,000K and still running hard.
1985 FJ1200 'Yummy' takes a licking & keeps on ticking
After all is said and done, more is said than done :)
2013 Trumpy Tiger 800, let's do a lap of Oz

oldktmdude

Thanks for putting on the shed weekend mate. Shame I couldn't be there for the entire event.
A big thanks also for organising the dyno runs. It's a great help when rejetting for a newiy modified engine.
   Regards, Pete. :good2:
1985 FJ1100 x2 (1 sold)
2009 TDM 900
1980 Kawasaki Z1R Mk11 (sold and still regretting it)
1979 Kawasaki Z650 (sold)
1985 Suzuki GSXR 400 x2 (next project)
2001 KTM 520 exc (sold)
2004 GasGas Ec300
1981 Honda CB 900 F (sold)
1989 Kawasaki GPX 600 Adventure

ribbert

Quote from: Troyskie on November 21, 2021, 08:34:36 PM
G'day everyone,

A great shed day was had by all.

The weather was crap, but it didn't 'dampen' out spirits  :sarcastic:.

Troyskie.

Great to hear everyone had a good time. Things down here are a bit too chaotic in the small window we've been left with between end of lock down and Christmas to even consider an interstate weekend away, but it will happen. Bermi manshed weekend is the next target.

I really miss catching up with everyone.

Pete, how are those Pirelli's going?

Noel
"Tell a wise man something he doesn't know and he'll thank you, tell a fool something he doesn't know and he'll abuse you"

oldktmdude

Quote from: ribbert on November 24, 2021, 05:22:39 AM

Noel
G'day Noel, so far very good. Turn in and overall grip at least on par with most of the latest tyres I have tried.
Haven't used them in wet conditions yet, so can't comment on their wet ability but Steve rode my bike to Troy's Shed weekend
through some wet conditions and said they were fine. Having said that, the road from Bermagui to Nowra is fairly tame and
Steve didn't have a great opportunity to test them out. My only concern at this stage is, whether the front tyre ends up the
same horrible profile as the previous Angels. Time will tell.
   Hope to catch up with you at the Bermi FJ weekend Noel, it's been too long.
   Regards, Pete.  :good2:
1985 FJ1100 x2 (1 sold)
2009 TDM 900
1980 Kawasaki Z1R Mk11 (sold and still regretting it)
1979 Kawasaki Z650 (sold)
1985 Suzuki GSXR 400 x2 (next project)
2001 KTM 520 exc (sold)
2004 GasGas Ec300
1981 Honda CB 900 F (sold)
1989 Kawasaki GPX 600 Adventure

ribbert

Quote from: oldktmdude on November 24, 2021, 03:37:58 PM
Quote from: ribbert on November 24, 2021, 05:22:39 AM

Noel
G'day Noel, so far very good......My only concern at this stage is, whether the front tyre ends up the
same horrible profile as the previous Angels.
   Regards, Pete.  :good2:

Thanks for the feedback Pete, it seems to be the case these days that most premium tyres now have great levels of grip but are increasingly being judged on how they wear, I've had some shockers.

I always replace my tyres in pairs which usually means throwing away a half worn front tyre. I don't begrudge this because I believe front tyres are shot after that anyway, wear on a front is not linear like the rear and it's that second half where any bad wear traits manifest themselves. So, I was surprised to see both wear out at much the same time on the 01's I've just replaced.

The bike did get predictably heavy as the front wore down but other than that, it kept a good profile, didn't tramline, no feathering on the tread, no vibration and still kept a good line.

Pete, what's this I hear about "engine mods"?

Noel
"Tell a wise man something he doesn't know and he'll thank you, tell a fool something he doesn't know and he'll abuse you"