News:

This forum is run by RPM and donations from members.

It is the donations of the members that help offset the operating cost of the forum. The secondary benefit of being a contributing member is the ability to save big during RPM Holiday sales. For more information please check out this link: Membership has its privileges 

Thank you for your support of the all mighty FJ.

Main Menu

Pie Ride

Started by Millietant, July 17, 2021, 11:19:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Millietant

With the gorgeous weather today a group of us decided to take ride out into the Leicestershire countryside and explore a few roads we've not ridden before. We only had the morning, so limited ourselves to about 150 miles, all on the winding back roads  :good2: There were going to be six of us riding, but the Harley 883 snapped its clutch cable on the way to meet us and the new Triumph Trident 660 was sat in Dave's garage with 90 miles on the clock waiting for the recovery truck to take it back to the dealer  :Facepalm:

Oh how I laughed, on my 32 year old (reliable) relic.... :sarcastic:

Once we agreed on the route, the ride became almost religious....a pilgrimage, of sorts........ with our primary target being Melton Mowbray, the home of the world famous (at least it is to us Brits) "Melton Mowbray Pork Pie".

Once the pilgrimage was completed (and pies purchased and stored in the trunk of the Spyder (he couldn't escape us and keep the pies for himself!), we headed on to a favourite rest stop at Rutland Water, for coffee and pie and to discuss the relative merits of the Royal Enfield Continental GT 650 that our newest riding buddy has just got.........looks good, sounds great, very economical, great value, goes fast "enough" and handles well "enough" for such weekend rides where the twistiness of the roads limits top speeds.

The conversation also got round to the new Triumph and the 1 year old Harley.............these old VFR's and FJ's take some beating !!!!

Once we got back on the road, we took the scenic route past a marvel of Victorian engineering, the Welland Valley Viaduct and through at least a dozen beautiful little villages on some of my favourite roads.

Lyddington

Once again, the FJ was peerless in its ability to provide speed, comfort, handling, reliability and just smiles-per-mile...... :good2:

And to cap off a great day, on the way home we passed by Stanford Hall, where we found out that the Founders Day Classic Bike Rally, is taking place tomorrow.... only 7 miles from home...Whoopee !!!!

Dean

'89 FJ 1200 3CV - owned from new.
'89 FJ 1200 3CV - no engine, tank, seat....parts bike for the future.
'88 FJ 1200 3CV - complete runner 2024 resto project
'88 FJ 1200 3CV - became a race bike, no longer with us.
'86 FJ 1200 1TX - sold to my boss to finance the '89 3CV I still own.

Troyskie

If this was FU book...
1984 FJ1100 Ms Effie brand new :)
1984 FJ1100 Pearlie, stock as.
1985 FJ1100 Mr Effie 647,000K and still running hard.
1985 FJ1200 'Yummy' takes a licking & keeps on ticking
After all is said and done, more is said than done :)
2013 Trumpy Tiger 800, let's do a lap of Oz

Ted Schefelbein

Cool post, Dean. I haven't been on the FJ in, perhaps, a week, next best thing is reading your exploits from
Olde Blighty.

Ted
I am an analog man, trapped in a digital parallel reality.

1989 FJ 1200

roverfj1200

1988 FJ1200
1991 FJ1200

Richard.