News:

Welcome to FJowners.com

It is the members who make this best place for FJ related content on the internet.

Main Menu

2019 WCR Hayfork slideshow Video

Started by Firehawk068, September 13, 2021, 10:32:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Firehawk068

Am currently testing out a new (to me) Video editing software, and realized I never put together one of these for the 2019 WCR.
I put one together this past weekend.

Enjoy!
https://youtu.be/tevrbhE9McM
Alan H.
Denver, CO
'90 FJ1200

RPM - Robert

Moved Travis's post here as he was replying in the wrong thread.

Quote from: T Legg on September 13, 2021, 12:01:37 PM
Hayfork was a great rally.Its nice to see pictures from it again. I hope we can get a group that large together again next year. Attending this year's small WCR in Oregon was a lot of fun . For those of us who attended It felt like we had put the pandemic behind us. I hope we don't slip back in to lockdown mode. Oops I posted on the wrong thread.

Firehawk068

Quote from: T Legg on September 13, 2021, 12:01:37 PM
Hayfork was a great rally.Its nice to see pictures from it again. I hope we can get a group that large together again next year. Attending this year's small WCR in Oregon was a lot of fun . For those of us who attended It felt like we had put the pandemic behind us. I hope we don't slip back in to lockdown mode. Oops I posted on the wrong thread.

There is a great picture of you in there, sitting on your FJ with the bikes lined-up, looking like the King of Cool  :drinks:
Alan H.
Denver, CO
'90 FJ1200

T Legg

The picture of the washed out road in your video where you wrote " just send it " reminded me of the thursday Ian and I rode in. We got into the town of Hayfork just as the sun was about to set . We were going to call Fred to get directions to the ranch but found we had no phone service. A helpful local overheard us and said you just ride out of town and take the road just before the bridge and it's about ten miles. So off we went then took the road before the bridge . I remember passing that washout and thinking wow this road is rough. We continued on and the road turned to dirt. We kept on another ten or twelve miles as we climbed way up into the mountains . By that time the sun had long since set and it was  fairly dark. We were pretty sure we had been lead astray but decided to ride a few more miles just to be sure. After coming to a fork in the road with a wooden forest service sign that had no mention of a ranch we were about to turn around when we saw a forest service truck parked a ways down one of the forks. We rode up to it and inside were two young obviously highly dedicated forest rangers one male and one female. They seemed quite surprised when we tapped on their window. After they recovered from their shock we asked them if they knew where the ranch was . Oddly they didn't seem to know where they were. They pulled out their toppo maps and we could see there was no ranch in a thirty mile radius so we left the young civil servants to their work whatever that was and retraced our path seventeen miles back to the bridge then crossed to the other side and took that rode. We finally arrived at the ranch around ten thirty that night.
T Legg

Firehawk068

That may have been the road we came down.
We started way up on the Ridge on Forest Rt 4N12 (Last Chance Trail), and turned down a dirt "Logging Road" that looked like it would take us down into Hyampom on the Map.
Nothing in the road or across the road that said anything about the road being "Missing"
There was a hand-painted wooden sign up on a tree farther up the mountain that said "Road Closed", but it looked like it had been there for years.
There was even a Green Gate farther up that was Open, and looked like it had been so for a long time. We continued down until we came to the "Gap".

Luckily it wasn't that far to jump over to the other side, and we miraculously made it across, as it would have been a long-long ride back up the mountain and all the way around.

We explored a little around Hyampom, but was still early in the day to head back to the Bar-717, so we rode Underwood Mountain Rd north to Hwy-299.
Then to Weaverville, and back around to Hayfork on the 3.
Was a super Fun day!
Alan H.
Denver, CO
'90 FJ1200