News:

Enjoy your FJ

Main Menu

Sticky clutch

Started by millosman, December 07, 2021, 02:38:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RPM - Robert

Not saying you need to go back to 7, just stating I don't believe it is your particular problem.

I believe the wire is for assembly line, assembly. Even when using the stock setup I don't think you need it. Once everything is installed there is no where for everything to move, only towards the pressure plate or the clutch boss.

red

Quote from: millosman on December 09, 2021, 01:23:13 PMHi again
Thanks for your thoughts Red. I had already checked the nipple in the lever, but had another look today to make sure I hadn't missed anything. Sure enough the nipple and the bush are in good condition.  Regards
Andy.
Andy,

As I said, you can add a tiny washer in the hole in the brass bushing, to make the clutch master cylinder push a little more fluid, and push the slave a little further.

I believe there is also a clutch spec in the manual someplace, giving the dimension for the entire clutch pack together, not just by single plates.  Since you got the clutch to disengage, though, I would expect that your clutch pack meets this spec.

As a side note, now you can get banjo bleeder bolts for the hydraulic lines at the handlebars.  RPM (and others) will have them.  They cost from US$20 each and up ('way up, at the wrong shops).  These bleeders make it easy to get air out of the vertical hoses.  Don't re-use the old hydraulic washers, when replacing banjo bolts.  Clean everything there, and use only new hydraulic washers.  HTH.
Cheers,
Red

P.S. Life is too short, and health is too valuable, to ride on cheap parade-duty tires.

racerrad8

See this post from Zwartie a while back: Worn out clutch...lever

Randy - RPM
Randy - RPM

millosman

Hi everyone,

At last the Eureka moment arrived.

This problem has been cured completely with a new set of *OEM* friction plates.
So much for the compatibles I bought from Yambits, the only economy I made when buying parts for my engine rebuild 2 years ago. They've caused me a lot of grief ever since it went back on the road..... Lesson learnt!

Thanks for all your input folks!

Cheers

Andy

Sent from Yahoo Mail on Android