News:

Enjoy your FJ

Main Menu

An apology from Rides, rallys and etc

Started by freespiriteng, March 08, 2009, 12:39:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

freespiriteng

I must apologize to everyone who read my post.  I had no idea that some subjects would hit a sore spot or had a history.  My fault...If I can make it to the fall rally I'll let everyone take a turn at actually kicking my arse.  One kick for , lets say five bucks and it goes to charity.

I appreciate all the help that members of both forums have given me in the quest to get this "90 up to condition.  I respect the efforts of the people that have designed and started the forums, and yes some cash will be coming. 

Joe

gradice

No worries Joe,

That's what makes this group so great, it's the diversity... We all have a common interest being the FJ & bikes/riding in general... But we are all different with differing opinions, so what ever gets your wheels spinning it's like sitting around a campfire with ya mates!!! ;D
Graham in OZ...
92 FJ1200 ABS.

Dean Hess

Quote from: freespiriteng on March 08, 2009, 12:39:59 AM
I must apologize to everyone who read my post.  I had no idea that some subjects would hit a sore spot or had a history.  My fault...If I can make it to the fall rally I'll let everyone take a turn at actually kicking my arse.  One kick for , lets say five bucks and it goes to charity.

I appreciate all the help that members of both forums have given me in the quest to get this "90 up to condition.  I respect the efforts of the people that have designed and started the forums, and yes some cash will be coming. 

Joe

Not to worry.  Your comments were more polite and inquisitive than arrogant and offensive.  The gun topic distress was the catalyst for this fine forum, so progress is not always peaceful.

Dean Hess
Allison Park, PA

FJ Rides - I need some more!

rlucas

No apology necessary, Joe.

I'm the one who initiated the blow-up of the Yahoo! forum by starting a pointless gun thread, which ultimately led to the creation of this venue. Still not sure if that is a good thing or not.

As far as Rallies are concerned re: vendors, etc., we're just not that well-organized, and I'm not sure that we *want* to be. This is more of a loose affiliation of friends with some common links...which makes it cool. The East Coast Rallies may top out at around 30-40 people at the max; not really enough to attract vendors. It definitely ain't the Honda Hoot...it's a bunch of dorks at a KOA in the middle of nowhere. Rides are rarely organized until the last minute, unless Jeff Hoffman is present as Sargeant-At-Arms Pro-Tem. Hell, some of us show up and don't even ride - they just come for the atmosphere.

A Midwest Rally has been discussed (I don't consider Colorado to be "Central"), but the roads here suck. Wisconsin might be a possibility, but it would be difficult to shoehorn another Rally into the calendar. Plus the East Coast roads are just so damned good. I'm sure the West Coast Rallies are great, too, but I prefer tight twisties to fast sweepers. Then again, I can't ride for shit and I run out of testicular fortitude rather quickly.

We keep it pretty loose, and we like it that way. More structure would kill the spirit, IMHO.

It is kinda weird, but it's true that R1s rarely survive an FJ Rally unscathed. It's almost spooky.

Stick around, post regularly...everyone's got something to contribute. Sometimes it's technical knowledge, sometimes it's humor, sometimes it's plain smart-ass. You'll get to know us. For all our lack of organization, this is the finest bunch of people I've ever had the distinct pleasure of being involved with.

Rossi
We're not a club. Clubs have rules. Pay dues. Wear hats and shit.

"Y'all might be faster than me, but you didn't have more fun than I did." Eric McClellan (RIP '15)

Mark Olson

Joe,
don't sweat it, keep posting ,keep riding , it's all good.
Mark O.
86 fj1200
sac ca.

" Get off your ass and Ride"

Marsh White

Joe,

No hard feelings here buddy!  I'll second everything that everyone said above!  I may have been a bit harsh in my retort...how can I expect a new lister to know all of the shit that has happened in the past?!  But I'll hold firm that an FJ can still hang with the big boys with some mods and a skilled rider on board.  That's actually what keeps me with this bike...I can mix it up with the big dogs in the twisties...and then go on a week+ long ride around the country.  How cool is that?!  :)

I plan on making it to the Fall ECR this year...hope to see you around the campfire! 

ogmudbone

"But I'll hold firm that an FJ can still hang with the big boys with some mods and a skilled rider on board."

That aint no lie  ;D ;D

I have an old friend in california that rides an old 1978 suzuki gs1000. you would have to have a lot of bike and even more skill to keep up with that old man...hahaha

OGmudbone
What do you want to do with your life? I wanna rock!!!