News:

This forum is run by RPM and donations from members.

It is the donations of the members that help offset the operating cost of the forum. The secondary benefit of being a contributing member is the ability to save big during RPM Holiday sales. For more information please check out this link: Membership has its privileges 

Thank you for your support of the all mighty FJ.

Main Menu

RATE THIS BAGGAGE - OGIO

Started by Scooterbob, June 21, 2010, 12:22:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Scooterbob

Anyone ever tried this baggage http://www.bikebandit.com/ogio-saddle-bags or have an opinion on it?  I'm thinking of getting either the Ogio brand or the traditional Cortech sport bags.  Recommendations or opinions wanted.......
Do not argue with an idiot. They will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.

-----Bob G.-----

jvb_ca

Can't really comment on the saddle bags, but I do know that Ogio make a good quality product. I have an Ogio golf bag and it came very highly rated. Luv it.  Didn't help my golf game any, but thats a whole other story... :ireful:

HTH's

Cheers...Jake
Cheers...Jake
86FJ1200
Ontario

Scooterbob

I have a backpack that I've had for a couple of years now and it's held up great.  Anyhow, I've purchased the Ogio saddlebags a couple of hours ago, so I guess I'll be letting all of you know how they hold up.  Couple of nice things different than the Cortech brand.  The Ogio bags have an attached rain cover that stashes in a little pocked on the side.  That way even if it comes loose it won't fly off.  Also, the fit and finish is a little nicer I think, but time will tell.  They have a lifetime warranty on them too.  Hopefully I'll never need it, but it's nice to have regardless.
Do not argue with an idiot. They will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.

-----Bob G.-----

RichBaker

Ogio makes good stuff.... I have a laptop case and an MX gear bag from them.  Also, I went thru their customer service with the LT case(too small for the laptop, swapped me for a larger case).... VERY nice and easy to deal with!!
Rich Baker - NRA Life, AZCDL, Trail Riders of S. AZ. , AMA Life, BRC, HEAT Dirt Riders, SAMA....
Tennessee Squire
90 FJ1200, 03 WR450F ;8^P

Scooterbob

-----Bob G.-----

Scooterbob

Just a quick shot of my Saddlebags for all to see.  Cost me $128 with tax.

-----Bob G.-----

RichBaker

Nice..... I may order a set...
Rich Baker - NRA Life, AZCDL, Trail Riders of S. AZ. , AMA Life, BRC, HEAT Dirt Riders, SAMA....
Tennessee Squire

Scooterbob

UPDATE:  Currently working with the place of purchase and Ogio to get a refund.  I've had these bags for about 4 months now and they have turned totally gray.  Not just faded a little bit, but gray!  I have sent photos to Ogio and am waiting on a reply as to how they wish to proceed.  I am trying to get my money back because it would be very difficult to convince me that a replacement won't do the same exact thing.  The Cortech bags I had with my last bike never faded near as bad, even after a couple of years. 

Sad.  I really liked the look of these bags too. :empathy:

-----Bob G.-----

RichBaker

I bought an OGIO laptop bag, it was too small.... sent an email to OGIO CS and got a reply back quickly, they had me sent me a larger version for cheap, and I returned the smaller one to the store I got it at. They covered the shipping....
I was happy with their response....
Tennessee Squire

Scooterbob

Hopefully they are willing to work with me too.  I'm still waiting on a reply.  (popcorn)

-----Bob G.-----

Scooterbob

Turns out that Ogio admitted that it was not supposed to fade that bad in less than four months. They gave me a full refund and a new set of Cortech bags are already on the way. Couldn't be happier with the final result.

-----Bob G.-----