News:

This forum is run by RPM and donations from members.

It is the donations of the members that help offset the operating cost of the forum. The secondary benefit of being a contributing member is the ability to save big during RPM Holiday sales. For more information please check out this link: Membership has its privileges 

Thank you for your support of the all mighty FJ.

Main Menu

New to the group. Just got my second FJ.

Started by VonZipper, July 15, 2010, 06:38:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

VonZipper

Hello everyone.
            My first FJ was an '86 bought new in '87. I owned it 11 years and used it for all types of riding. It had the usual upgrades:Supertrapp,jet kit,K&N fiilters,ignition advancer,progressive springs and stainless brake lines. A Corbin seat and
Bagster tank cover and bags finished it off. The only problem it had was a leaking clutch slave.
            In 1998 I sold the FJ to get the then new Honda Superhawk. Neat bike and fun to ride. I then tried the Hayabusa. While an amazing motorcle,I was quickly bored with it,especially after seeing 20 others at any bike night I would go to. The Busa was traded for an '02 Interceptor, kept for 5 years. That went in for a 2007 Ducati 1098. That bike will be around for a while.
             While a great bike to ride, Duck is not a 2 up machine. That brings me to my second FJ. A '93 with 16k miles. It was bought from a good friend of mine and I have seen it off and on for 10 years. The original owner custom built hard luggage,brackets and a rear rack. It has a Renegade exhaust, Hagon shock and Progressive springs. I've added a bagster tank cover so I can use the tank bags I already have.
              I plan on replacing the stock brake hoses with braided lines and possibly the stock seat with a Gunfighter and Lady .
In the intervening 12 years I had forgotten how comfortable and stable this machine is. The wife and I spent a week in early July around Deals Gap and had a blast.
                 This one won't get away.

Travis398

Great Intro,

Glad to see you love bikes, and love FJ's

welcome to the group.

Travis

When all you have is a hammer, everything looks like a nail.

racerman_27410

the FJ can indeed do many things...  all  while carrying you in comfort ,safety and style !   :good2:

welcome brother !

Kookaloo!

Frank

Dan Filetti

Live hardy, or go home.