News:

Welcome to FJowners.com

It is the members who make this best place for FJ related content on the internet.

Main Menu

where did the 6" 600lb spring thread go?

Started by the fan, March 14, 2009, 12:17:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

the fan

No fair closing a thread.....

for the record I was going to post this:

In case you were wondering, 1  Pounds Inch (Lb\in) = 55.997 Kilos mm (Kg\mm)  [or 11.52136(Kg\mm) = 1 (Lb\in) if you wish)

Using this math, a 600lb spring = 10.7 KG/mm  which is what I run on my YZF600 with 1.0 springs up front.

The 1000lb spring Marsh calls for is equal to 17.9 KG/MM (900ln = 16.0 kg/mm)

I'm no expert like Jeff but.....

I hate to waste useful info (esp when it is not posted in the files I am working on).

tqmx1

The reason I pulled the add the spring would be just to soft for the FJ. I would rather pull it than have someone buy it and be PISSED OFF.

Kim

Marsh White

Bill,

This brings up an interesting point...and I agree totally.  That was useful info.  I understand Kim deleting the Ad after coming to the conclusion that the spring would be too soft - but the same could have been accomplished by just saying that "Nevermind - the spring is too soft for the FJ".

The reason I had allowed users to delete the threads they started was mainly for the classified Ad section.  But now - I think they can just do like all other boards and put up a post that says SOLD and the topic will eventually drop off the page.  I just removed the ability to delete threads.  After all - the more info we accumulate here - the better our own forum search feature will become at helping members find info.

Users can still MODIFY their posts - a feature I find very useful - especially when I forget to type a word or misspell.  I'm using it now!