News:

Enjoy your FJ

Main Menu

No start - dash lights

Started by rpickle, July 27, 2010, 11:46:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pdxfj

Where did you get your AGM battery?

I saw some on the shelf at wally world that claimed to be AGM, but you had to add the acid to it before use.  Uhh.. that's not a "sealed AGM" battery.

I have this companies AGM batteries in all the toys (two bikes and two PWC's).  I bought one of theirs for my FJ 5 years ago and never had an issue.  I took it out and put it in a FJ I fixed up and sold not too long ago.  Still works fine, and I bought my FJ a new one.. just because I could.  :)

http://www.dekabatteries.com/

rpickle

I got this battery at Batteries Plus. 

Never had an issue with their stuff before.

Thanks for the link.

Rick

racerman_27410

+1 on the Deka brand..... they are some serious tough batteries.

Kookaloo!

Frank

SlowOldGuy

Based on local experience, Batteries Plus has a success rate of about 50%.  I've got their AGMs in 3 bikes right now.  One is several years old and still starting fine in my '85.  Another (newer) in my '93 is beginning to crank slowly.  I finally replaced the stock Yuasa in my FZ1 last year before a trip to Ark.  1700 miles and one week later, that battery died instant death.  The replacement is going strong.

Bad batteries, it happens.

DavidR.

rpickle

Found my rcpt, so will take the battery back to them tomorrow and see what I can get out of them.

rpickle

New battery, at no cost, makes a whale of a difference!

Flying Scotsman

Awesome I need one too but all I find are the conventional type I want a AGM sealed bat.I have two for my waverunners but they are just a little to large to fit or I would try one of them.I dont want to spend $40-$45 for a conventional bat when I can get a better one for a few bucks more.
1984 FJ1100
1985 FJ1100
1990 FJ1200
1999 GP1200 (165 + hp)