News:

This forum is run by RPM and donations from members.

It is the donations of the members that help offset the operating cost of the forum. The secondary benefit of being a contributing member is the ability to save big during RPM Holiday sales. For more information please check out this link: Membership has its privileges 

Thank you for your support of the all mighty FJ.

Main Menu

New to the FJ

Started by tecnomike, August 26, 2010, 04:18:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tecnomike

Hi All my name is Mike I have rode motorcycles since I was 8 and am 44 now I was riding harley till I had metal and busted my engine cases and I found a 89 FJ1200 , I love it just hope the single women love it the way they loved the Harley!

feederbb

Hey Mike, welcome.  Good bunch of guys here with lots of answers.  As far as the girl question, I've had lots of different ones but NEVER a Harley.  Seems like chicks either dig bikes or not.  They like someone to ride them (sounds bad) around and they either enjoy it or not.  Usually it has more to do with your ability to ride in a manner that makes them feel comfortable or at least semi safe while getting the "outside taking it all in" feeling. Seems like some like speed, others don't and unless their into dirty bikers or gangs usually like the bike to look like it isn't going to fall appart, probably most wouldn't even know what kind of bike it was unless they read what it said on the tank. There are girls that ride and most of them know but your not giving them a ride at least on the bike.  My girlfriend had a Harley wanna be, Suzuki Intruder, and she wasn't sure about the comfort level of the FJ until she rode it.  She's sold now and wants to go everywhere with me and gets bummed if I'm out riding without her. If any of them give you a little grief, tell them to look up the horsepower figures Hog- 75 maybe, FJ- 130!  How many Hogs go almost  150 STOCK?  I can't tell you how many guys and girls look at my 90 and can't believe it's 20 yrs old!  It's not a R1 but I didn't spend my bankroll to be uncomfortable and have my girl perched up with her knees around her shoulders trying to hang on!  Unless it looks like a dirtbag bike, your golden.  Kookaloo brother.  Enjoy,  Kevin.  :wacko3:
It's what you hold in your heart that's important, not what's in your hand, well, unless it the THROTTLE!!