News:

Welcome to FJowners.com

It is the members who make this best place for FJ related content on the internet.

Main Menu

New FJ 1200

Started by Tattoo_Mike, August 28, 2010, 11:56:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tattoo_Mike

New to me anyway...Names mike as the screen name implies...Got this '86 in a box of parts just last week and have it about half way assembled already...have a few other bikes that are daily riders but really love working on them... If anyone could help me out really quick I need to know what thetorque specs are for the head...I've been waiting on the clymer for this and this is holding me up right now...promise if someone could help I will put photos of this monster up...It's not what you would normally think... This is a great bike and a really cool project...

Arnie

I've just uploaded 2 pics of FJ torque settings to the gallery under "FJ Bike Photos".
Hope that helps.

Cheers,
Arnie

Tattoo_Mike

:good2: Awesome! Thanks...Ill try to put some photos up later today...

racerrad8

Mike,
        I am not 100% sure, but I think you must run an external oil line to the head for cam oil with that aftermarket block.

Also, that clutch is a slipper clutch used for racing and will not work well on the street.

Hopefully Chris or Andy can answer the oil question in regards to that block.

And the torque setting for the head is 25 ft lbs.

Randy - RPM
Randy - RPM

Tattoo_Mike

Actually there will have to be a few external oil lines for what I am doing with it anyway... Just so ya know the cylinder with the new flat top pistons comes to a 1426cc....If ya know why i put flat top pistons in it then ya know why I need the oil lines too...As far as the clutch it is a lock-up not a slipper..Just a little different...Thanks for the info though guys....This is going to be a fun project!