News:

Welcome to FJowners.com

It is the members who make this best place for FJ related content on the internet.

Main Menu

hard starting and FULL choke doesn't increase idle speed

Started by charlieho, September 28, 2010, 04:43:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

charlieho

thank you all very much for the info and offer to help.  the previous owner had cleaned the carbs prior to my purchase ( i was told) so i have never had them off.

i did notice that they have the stainless allen head screw kit so at least he did something right.  i will summon up my strength and tackle the carb rebuild here shortly.  thanks again!

SlowOldGuy

Dan Filetti

Quote from: charlieho on September 29, 2010, 10:08:31 PM
i did notice that they have the stainless allen head screw kit so at least he did something right. 

Quote from: SlowOldGuy on September 29, 2010, 10:59:07 PM
Who did you buy it from?
DavidR.

David-

Are you thinking it's one of your 'children'? There are so many out there...  Do you have any idea how many carb kits you've shipped -more than 100?/ 500?  Curious.

Dan
Live hardy, or go home. 

andyb

Quote from: charlieho on September 29, 2010, 10:08:31 PM
thank you all very much for the info and offer to help.  the previous owner had cleaned the carbs prior to my purchase ( i was told) so i have never had them off.

"Cleaned" means different things to different people.  It can mean a full strip, ultrasonic tank time, and new orings, it can mean taken off the bike and sprayed with carb cleaner until close enough, it can mean having seafoam run through them, and it can mean polishing a tiny corner of the outside while on the bike....

Only way to ensure it's right is to do it yourself (or watch as it's done).

TRoy

Peace & Love
86FJ 100K+
07Burg650
15Downtown300