News:

This forum is run by RPM and donations from members.

It is the donations of the members that help offset the operating cost of the forum. The secondary benefit of being a contributing member is the ability to save big during RPM Holiday sales. For more information please check out this link: Membership has its privileges 

Thank you for your support of the all mighty FJ.

Main Menu

Belated intro- newbie from Frisco, Texas (a couple cities north of Dallas)

Started by charlieho, October 11, 2010, 01:04:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

charlieho

Hi all, first off I'd like to apologize for not filling out an intro when I first signed up as a member to this community.  I wasn't really sure I wanted to "get involved" with all the social stuff here after having a bad taste of another bike community devoted to V-Star's.  I quickly saw that I was wrong after posting a couple questions and receiving very helpful responses and also looking over the quality AND the quantity of info available here!  So I wanted to introduce myself now...

me- 51 year old public servant, been riding since 1980.  I am the 3rd owner of a 1989 white/silver FJ with 30,XXX miles on it (pictures posted).  Been thru a LOT of bikes in 30 years (see list) and I think that I have finally found THE ONE in this FJ.  As you can see, I've ridden singles, v-twins, parallel twins, in-line fours, v-fours, but I am really captivated by the looks, ride, and power of this FJ.

1980 Suzuki GS450E, black
1982 Suzuki GS1100EZ, red
1985 Honda VT500, black
1987 Honda Super Magna, blue
1989 Harley FLHS, blue
1991 Harley XLH883, maroon
1983 Kawasaki KZ1000P, white
1986 Yamaha Maxim-X, black
1999 Honda Shadow 750, red/black
2000 Yamaha TW200, white/silver
1998 Yamaha V-Star 650, blue/silver
2002 Kawasaki KLR650, green
1999 Yamaha Royal Star Venture, silver/greenish gray
1992 Yamaha Virago 750, maroon (restoration project- sold to an Air Force B-52 pilot in Shreveport, LA)
2000 Harley XLH883, Maroon (restoration project- sold to my Father-in-law in Carrollton, TX)
1977 Kawasaki KE100, orange (current project- turning it into a cafe' racer)
1989 Yamaha FJ1200, silver/white (restoration project- KEEPER)

* these are all that I can remember...may have been another 1 or 2 in there somewhere... wish I still had em ALL! 

Mark Olson

welcome Charlie,  :hi:

don't sweat the group being crazy from time to time :wacko3:

we all ride an fj , well most of us still do , some have moved on to other bikes but can't let the fj brotherhood thing go . Too many great people here on this site.

I was once a motorcycle gypsy myself till I bought an fj .

next comes the modification bug. Just a couple of things here and there. ya know like wheels and tires and brakes,then shock and forks.

cheers :drinks:
Mark O.
86 fj1200
sac ca.

" Get off your ass and Ride"

rlucas

Quote from: charlieho on October 11, 2010, 01:04:28 AM
Hi all, first off I'd like to apologize for not filling out an intro when I first signed up as a member to this community.  I wasn't really sure I wanted to "get involved" with all the social stuff here after having a bad taste of another bike community devoted to V-Star's.  I quickly saw that I was wrong after posting a couple questions and receiving very helpful responses and also looking over the quality AND the quantity of info available here!  So I wanted to introduce myself now...

me- 51 year old public servant, been riding since 1980.  I am the 3rd owner of a 1989 white/silver FJ with 30,XXX miles on it (pictures posted).  Been thru a LOT of bikes in 30 years (see list) and I think that I have finally found THE ONE in this FJ.  As you can see, I've ridden singles, v-twins, parallel twins, in-line fours, v-fours, but I am really captivated by the looks, ride, and power of this FJ.

Welcome, Charlie. Glad you decided to stick around.

This is a really good group of people and a terrific repository of FJ knowledge (and general M/C knowledge, for that matter). Very diverse and very entertaining. You won't find much of the BS here that you see on other forums...no chest-thumping, no name calling, no trolling...or at least very, very little, and usually in a light-hearted way.

Get to a Rally if you can. It's an experience not to be missed, and you really get the true flavor of this bunch when you meet 'em in person.

-Rossi-
We're not a club. Clubs have rules. Pay dues. Wear hats and shit.

"Y'all might be faster than me, but you didn't have more fun than I did." Eric McClellan (RIP '15)

racerman_27410

Hi Charlie!

looks like you have been on a true motorcycle journey.... welcome Home!  :good2:

Kookaloo!   

Frank