News:

This forum is run by RPM and donations from members.

It is the donations of the members that help offset the operating cost of the forum. The secondary benefit of being a contributing member is the ability to save big during RPM Holiday sales. For more information please check out this link: Membership has its privileges 

Thank you for your support of the all mighty FJ.

Main Menu

fall east coast rally '09

Started by mst3kguy, March 31, 2009, 09:53:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mst3kguy

our fearless leader and general good guy jeff hoffman has asked that i throw feelers out for something special, new, and different for the fall 09 rally.  i think he'd like to do something special for this rally.  i know we've thrown around before the idea of some type of catered meal, and grumblings, scoffs, guffaws, and snickers are passed around, and i understand.  i'd suggested getting one of the catering places that roasts pigs, but that's just something different to suggest to other idea of having some type of catered barbecue-type meal.  i believe jeff doesn't have a problem organizing it, except he doesn't want to get shafted.  we have to remember that often times people show up for the rally on a whim, and we generally encourage such brazen activity, but not when it includes eating for free.  and don't think i'm being a negativist, it happened as early as 9 years ago when frank was cool enough to barbecue us all chicken 'n' stuff while we were out riding.

it seems like an easy enough concept---if you're going to eat, you need to pay.  simple enough.

so i'll ask for a discussion, suggestions, etc. on what might be a good catering concept---a roasted pig, a barbecue-style, strippers with cotton candy, i don't care.  and ideas for making sure it's covered, because someone's gonna have to front the cash.  hey randy, can you help out?  ( :

Assistant to the Club President,

-d
dean
2014 triumph street triple r
2019 ktm 1290 superduke gt

Marsh White

Dean,

I plan on being there.  I think a catered BBQ ANYTHING sounds great!  Roasted Pig...whatever...I'll eat it all!  I would suggest that he (or whomever wants to organize the meal) open up a PayPal account and we all pay him now...upfront via PayPal (paypal account, credit card, debit card, etc.).  That way he already has the money, or the vast majority of the money before the order is even placed.  That way we don't have another "Randy Incident" (as fronting money for an FJ group related event should now be called).  I'll post the PayPal button for the meal on the FJRally.com ECR page and the details of the meal when they are known.

rktmanfj

Quote from: mst3kguy on March 31, 2009, 09:53:41 PM
  hey randy, can you help out?  ( :

Assistant to the Club President,

-d

Um, sure...   you planning Bananas Hoffman for dessert?       :negative:

Randy T
Indy

mst3kguy

ugh, that's disgusting.  i just barfed a little in my mouth.
dean

rktmanfj

Quote from: mst3kguy on March 31, 2009, 10:33:55 PM
ugh, that's disgusting.  i just barfed a little in my mouth.

Now that's funny...  I don't care who you are.      :yahoo:

Randy T
Indy

FJ Flyer

I got a good chuckle from that, Randy.   :biggrin:

Dean, are you talking the Spring Rally, or the Fall Rally.  If its Fall, that's some advanced planning.

Chris P.
'16 FJR1300ES
'87 FJ1200
'76 DT250

Wear your gear.

rvnmaniac

I don't want to eat no strippers with cotton candy......
"GO RAVENS"

mst3kguy

Quote from: FJ Flyer on April 01, 2009, 05:02:49 AM
I got a good chuckle from that, Randy.   :biggrin:

Dean, are you talking the Spring Rally, or the Fall Rally.  If its Fall, that's some advanced planning.

fall rally, hence the subject "fall east coast rally '09".

see what raisin' all them kids is doin' to you?

( :
dean

Klavdy

Quote from: Marsh White on March 31, 2009, 10:28:29 PM
Dean,

I plan on being there.  I think a catered BBQ ANYTHING sounds great!  Roasted Pig...whatever...I'll eat it all!  I would suggest that he (or whomever wants to organize the meal) open up a PayPal account and we all pay him now...upfront via PayPal (paypal account, credit card, debit card, etc.).  That way he already has the money, or the vast majority of the money before the order is even placed.  That way we don't have another "Randy Incident" (as fronting money for an FJ group related event should now be called).  I'll post the PayPal button for the meal on the FJRally.com ECR page and the details of the meal when they are known.

Be there?
Bastarard!

Bloody Hell, if I'd known that I would have made arrangements.
When is it?
Dates, what dates.
Did you already tell me or have I unremebered it?
Doesn't matter, you're still a bastarard.

Riding, flying or trailering?

I gotta go to Europe in September though.
"This guy has got to go. The single most offensive individual I have experienced on the web.
MALO PERICULOSAM LIBERTATEM QUAM QUIETUM SERVITIUM

i is a professional website designer, I've built over 100's of sites
And yea I actually get paid for it. about 150 and hour.

TRoy

I thought Smola was bringing the smoker? :morning1:

The Drum should be ready to cook in by then, as well  :good2:

It's all good.. you can definitely count me IN on monetary support for catering, too.

Food.. it's so good I could live on it Kate Suiter, age 10

Peace & Love
86FJ 100K+
07Burg650
15Downtown300

rktmanfj

Quote from: Klavdy on April 01, 2009, 06:30:39 AM

Riding, flying or trailering?

Trailering is okay unless trailer pisser dude shows up...  WTF was that?

Randy T
Indy

the fan

If there is food involved I'm in. I will pass have to on the banana suprise, watching my weight these days.

Fred

Sounds like a good idea to me and I like the Pay Pal suggestion. I think we overwhelmed the place we went in 07. :drinks:

rktmanfj

Quote from: Fred on April 01, 2009, 09:12:19 PM
<snip>   I think we overwhelmed the place we went in 07. :drinks:

Not until Henry ordered...       :rofl:

Randy T
Indy

rvnmaniac

Yeah but my riding outfits STILL fit........ OUCH.......
"GO RAVENS"