News:

Welcome to FJowners.com

It is the members who make this best place for FJ related content on the internet.

Main Menu

Show us your helmet

Started by 1tinindian, November 06, 2010, 08:54:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

1tinindian

Let this be a picture thread on your helmet, whether it be an old trusted friend, or your latest purchase.
It doesn't matter what it looks like or how it fits, but please add any details you wish to go along with your picture.

I think it an interesting topic to share with each other.

I'm a former USAF Ssgt, and the KBC Airborne and Airborne2 appealed to me for obvious reasons.
The nice thing about the KBCs is are that the visor retention system is real easy to use when changing from a tinted to a clear shield.

I have both versions, the one with the mouth is a matte finish, and the other one is a full gloss finish.
Maybe silly to have two helmets, but I couldn't decide which one I'd rather have the most, so I got both of them...problem solved.

Show your helmet pride!

Leon

"I want to be free to ride my machine without being hassled by the "man"!
91 FJ1200

Marsh White

My current (and FAVORITE helmet I have owned so far) is an AGV S4.  It is VERY light (about a half pound lighter than your KBC Leon - makes a BIG difference on long trips) and well made.  I have a mirrored screen on it because I can't stand wearing glasses under my helmet.  It also has been signed by the current World Superbike Champion Max Biaggi.  I'm not sure that helps any - but I haven't crashed in it yet!   :good2:

the fan

The team I crew for was sponsored by Bell Helmets and Teknic. Both of the riders received matching free helmets, But when I asked about one he gave me a choice between Matte Black and the same graphic as my buddies. I went with the black.

I run a dark smoke shield to keep the sun out of my overly light sensitive eyes.

Bell Stars are one of the lightest and best ventilated helmets in on the market and I am very happy with mine. They are shipped with a great helmet bag and have the easiest shield change mechanisms I have ever used. They also come with extra cheek pads which are firmer than 'stock' and help keep the lid in place at very high speeds.

I wore mostly KBC lids in the past largely due to a sponsorship deal and wore a Shoei X-11 for 3/4 of a track day... 

ian.z9

Been wearing a Bell M1 for a few years now.I'll buy another.Quiet enough and comfy(with a very simple visorchange) for a cheapish lid and a simple colour design.I dont really want to spend more than the cost of my bike on a helmet.I've had Shoei's before and liked them but I'll stick with Bell.(in Eddie colours of course)

racerman_27410

My super motard helmet Arai XD3

SHoei X-11 Lawson replica..... one of the best venting and comfortable helmets i've ever worn.

Lotsokids

Here's mine:

P.S. - I recently bought a silver tinted shield for it, but it lasted about 2 cleanings and a lot of the silver came off. $35 down the drain.

U.S. Air Force sport bike instructor (initial cadre), 2007-2009

I'm an American living & working in Hungary

Adam FJ

Here is my old Helmet cutom painted to match my old 91 3XW

And here is my latest lid

Adam.
BLACK BETTY
89 Black 3CV

yamahammerFJ

I'm rocking the same helmet as the fan but it's a 2009 model. By far the lightest and best ventilated helmet, and the price was great. You can still find some older models at motorcycle closeouts. Here's a link to mine:

http://www.motorcyclecloseouts.com/sport/motorcycle+helmets/bell_star+ace+of+spades+helmet
1985 FJ 1100 - 3CV forks/wheel/brakes
GSXR 17x5.5 swap almost complete!
Remus exhaust - brand new carbs

Scooterbob

Here's mine.  Couldn't beat the price, airflow, and overall fit.  Love it, even if it was only $75 brand new!

LED is a nice little safety feature too.  Every little bit helps.  :yes:

Review: http://www.webbikeworld.com/r2/motorcycle-helmet/gmax/gm68s/
Do not argue with an idiot. They will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.

-----Bob G.-----

Dan Filetti

Quote from: Scooterbob on November 09, 2010, 02:04:38 PM

Here's mine. 

LED is a nice little safety feature too.  Every little bit helps.  :yes:

Cool LED.  I think this would be excellent to somehow hook into the brake light wirelessly.

Dan
Live hardy, or go home. 

Travis398

alright here it is, the only pic I have of my helmet. 

When all you have is a hammer, everything looks like a nail.

Firehawk068

Alan H.
Denver, CO
'90 FJ1200

carsick

Finally caught a closeout price break on the blue to match the bike, Joe Rocket RKT101. Haven't worn my Arai or Icon since, it's juust right!

Scooterbob

Do not argue with an idiot. They will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.

-----Bob G.-----

indyblue

I bought one of these this summer and so far I like it a lot.

Indianapolis, IN `O=o-
1984 FJ1100, 39K mi., custom blue paint, K&N's, jetted, Supertrapps
2005 Pontiac GTO Impulse Blue M6 - gone
2012 Corvette Grand Sport Convertible M6 Crystal Red Tintcoat
1967 Firebird H-O Conv