News:

This forum is run by RPM and donations from members.

It is the donations of the members that help offset the operating cost of the forum. The secondary benefit of being a contributing member is the ability to save big during RPM Holiday sales. For more information please check out this link: Membership has its privileges 

Thank you for your support of the all mighty FJ.

Main Menu

Hi all

Started by Paul, November 11, 2010, 10:18:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Paul

Hi.   I'm Paul, 45, living in Essex UK.   I bought a 1985 FJ1100 2 weeks ago - my first FJ in 30 years of biking.   I also run a 1986 Yamaha 1200 V-Max and a 2001 1100 Dragstar.

I bought the FJ1100 to use as a winter bike / all-rounder, so I could save the shiny bikes for sunny days.   I got the FJ in an eBay auction - she's an Italian import with 85k kilometers showing - about 55k miles.   She's not in bad condition for an old girl, and I'm already enjoying the ride.   I think I got a bargain - I paid £510 for her, with 7 months MOT remaining and new tyres & battery fitted!   My mate Al has just gone out and bought one as well so I'll point him at this site too. 

racerman_27410

Welcome to the group!  :hi:

always good to have experienced riders around .

KOokaloo!

Frank

oldktmdude

G'day Paul, you've found the best site and a great bunch of blokes to help you with your FJ, if you need it. You've bought a great model in the '85. I've got two of them. I bought one from a Pommy, that was over here, touring around eastern Australia. He bought it off ebay fairly cheaply. I met him while he was traveling down to Melbourne and got talking. He said he was going to sell the bike before he left to go back to England, so he agreed to give me first refusal. His name was also Paul. Wasn't you by any chance? He liked the FJ so much, it wouldn't surprise me if he bought one when he got back home. Welcome to the group.  Pete.
1985 FJ1100 x2 (1 sold)
2009 TDM 900
1980 Kawasaki Z1R Mk11 (sold and still regretting it)
1979 Kawasaki Z650 (sold)
1985 Suzuki GSXR 400 x2 (next project)
2001 KTM 520 exc (sold)
2004 GasGas Ec300
1981 Honda CB 900 F (sold)
1989 Kawasaki GPX 600 Adventure

Paul

Cheers guys.   No Pete, never been to Oz.

This looks like a top owners site - better than many I've use for other models - I'll take a proper look around when I get the time.   :-)

Travis398

Welcome Paul,

Everyone knows the 1100's are the most beautiful.  (popcorn)

you should find everything you need here, and than some.

enjoy  :drinks:

When all you have is a hammer, everything looks like a nail.