News:

Welcome to FJowners.com

It is the members who make this best place for FJ related content on the internet.

Main Menu

2011 North East Summer Rally Information

Started by Marsh White, November 25, 2010, 09:08:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

How long should the North East rally be

2 days of riding
3 (30%)
3 days of riding
7 (70%)

Total Members Voted: 9

Marsh White

Here is the link to view the 2011 North East Summer FJ Rally Information: http://www.fjrally.com/11NER.html

Travis398

Thanks for the push Marsh, I have been thinking about starting a thread to discuss the north east rally. But since you started one I will hijack it.  :pardon:
The only Information about the North East Rally is "there is no Information".

Now that winter is settling in, we have plenty of time to talk about it though............

Who's up for another North East FJ rally?  
(popcorn)

When all you have is a hammer, everything looks like a nail.

carsick

Bob

I'd be happy to make it an international rally again... I'm in.  Mid July, right?
Bob N.
'93 FJ
'17 V-Strom DL650
Whitby, ON

Marsh White

Cool!  It looks like this rally is officially happening again!  Don't forget to sign up via the form guys: http://www.fjrally.com/11NER.html

weymouth399

I'm in
But not on that date, so don't be getting time off yet.

Bob W
84 FJ 1100
86 FJ1200
89 FJ1200
5  FJ POWERED race cars
76 LB80 Chappy
93 KX500 ice for sale
00 KX500 ice/dirt
04 KDX220 dirt for sale
04 KX500 ice
08 KLX450 ice/road
72 CT90x2 for sale

Travis398

Quote from: weymouth399 on November 30, 2010, 03:24:18 PM
I'm in
But not on that date, so don't be getting time off yet.

Bob W

That's fine with me, I know last year the middle of the summer was actually a little more inconvenient for some of the guys.
we have a few other things to work out too, same place? same ride?   

is everyone happy with the loops we ran? do we want to repeat them?

there was 4 guys that rode 1 day last year. so they missed one loop, if we repeat they could catch the other loop this year.

Or we add a day and make a 3rd loop?

RACER111V

I'm up for going again.After thousands of miles in the saddle after last years rally I'm looking forward to those roads again.It would be a shame for people to miss the highlights of last years loops.Riding along side the river still replays in my head,even though the pace was slowed buy a pack of touring bikes. 
We talked about more upscale accommodation for the next one,but I vote for a camp ground again.Now that I know the train isn't going to hit my tent,I wouldn't mind the same place again.I will be more prepared this time. I may take a few days more up there either before or after the weekend.Two days seems too short now.
The temps were on the high side,but I still think it's a good time of the year for northern NH.Who knows what next summer will be like.

Travis398

Quote from: RACER111V on December 01, 2010, 09:41:43 PM
I'm up for going again.After thousands of miles in the saddle after last years rally I'm looking forward to those roads again.It would be a shame for people to miss the highlights of last years loops.Riding along side the river still replays in my head,even though the pace was slowed buy a pack of touring bikes. 
We talked about more upscale accommodation for the next one,but I vote for a camp ground again.Now that I know the train isn't going to hit my tent,I wouldn't mind the same place again.I will be more prepared this time. I may take a few days more up there either before or after the weekend.Two days seems too short now.
The temps were on the high side,but I still think it's a good time of the year for northern NH.Who knows what next summer will be like.

You summed up my thoughts pretty good here.

it would save us time and money to keep it in West Bethel.

Travis398

Quote from: RACER111V on December 01, 2010, 09:41:43 PM
I may take a few days more up there either before or after the weekend.  Two days seems too short now.

Are you saying the rally needs to be longer?   :scratch_one-s_head:

Travis398

who's going to volunteer to ride point this year? I suck at keeping a pace, unless you don't mind doing 90 in that 25 zone again.  (popcorn)

carsick

I thought your pace was just fine until that Volvo turned left in front of you. Let's get a new to the rally rider and stick 'em on the pole position. Unfortunately I am "directionally challenged" and have to pull over and consult my quaint map every 15 minutes or 30 miles, whichever comes first. I devote all my attention to riding, I can't be bothered with thinking ahead to where I might be going. I call it the hurry up and wait method. 

Travis398

Quote from: carsick on December 07, 2010, 11:01:07 PM
I thought your pace was just fine

Sounds like you would rather I get the speeding ticket for you, sweep the road so you can get your 145mph shake down in.

Travis398

carsick

Quote from: Travis398 on December 10, 2010, 07:45:22 PM
Sounds like you would rather I get the speeding ticket for you, sweep the road so you can get your 145mph shake down in.
Yes.
What are you worried about? All those red and whites look the same to Johnny Law, just keep it pinned and they'll catch Bob instead. As far as the shakedown, if I don't have my saddlebags of death on, I can probably keep up better, I've changed from 16/42 to 18/38. Gotta save fuel for the 3 days of riding!