News:

This forum is run by RPM and donations from members.

It is the donations of the members that help offset the operating cost of the forum. The secondary benefit of being a contributing member is the ability to save big during RPM Holiday sales. For more information please check out this link: Membership has its privileges 

Thank you for your support of the all mighty FJ.

Main Menu

Gidday from Oz

Started by eddohawk, December 01, 2010, 08:12:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

eddohawk

Gidday all

I'm a new member living in Melbourne, Australia home of the best sport in the world ....... Australian rules footballl!  Picked up my 1990 FJ1200 a few weeks ago as a project. For a barn find its overall condition is pretty good I've managed to get it running and hopefully after a thorough service doing all of the recommended maintenance stuff I'll have myself a fantastic touring bike.

Regards to all members

weymouth399

Welcome

Enjoy the play ground that we have here.

Bob W
84 FJ 1100
86 FJ1200
89 FJ1200
5  FJ POWERED race cars
76 LB80 Chappy
93 KX500 ice for sale
00 KX500 ice/dirt
04 KDX220 dirt for sale
04 KX500 ice
08 KLX450 ice/road
72 CT90x2 for sale

racerman_27410

welcome to the group.... :hi:

Good onya fer saving the FJ....post up some pictures of your barn find.  :good2:

KOokaloo!

roverfj1200

Welcome to the obsession. and good onya saving a jay.. :hi:
1988 FJ1200
1991 FJ1200

Richard.

Arnie

Welcome aboard.  You'll find we're a friendly group (mostly) and will be glad to steer you in the ridght direction if needed.
You'll find that the FJ is pretty easy to work on and extremely reliable.
What condition is your bike in?

Cheers,
Arnie

The General

Quote from: eddohawk on December 01, 2010, 08:12:18 PM
Gidday all

I'm a new member living in Melbourne, Australia home of the best sport in the world ....... Australian rules footballl!  Picked up my 1990 FJ1200 a few weeks ago as a project. For a barn find its overall condition is pretty good I've managed to get it running and hopefully after a thorough service doing all of the recommended maintenance stuff I'll have myself a fantastic touring bike.

Regards to all members
G`day Ed, Down your way late feb for Phillip Island. Will catch up.  Doug
`93 with downside up forks.
`78 XS11/1200 with a bit on the side.
Special edition Rocket Ship ZX14R Kwacka

eddohawk

Quote from: Arnie on December 02, 2010, 07:30:20 AM
Welcome aboard.  You'll find we're a friendly group (mostly) and will be glad to steer you in the ridght direction if needed.
You'll find that the FJ is pretty easy to work on and extremely reliable.
What condition is your bike in?

Cheers,
Arnie

Hi there

After cleaning off the years of accumulated crap the overall condition is very good. The odometer reads 52000 km which looks consistent with the bikes overall condition. Mechanically it starts and rides ok but there is a problem with heavy fuel consumption which I'm about to check out. I dont intend to do a full restoration but just have a reliable weekend tourer. Looking forward to becoming an active member of this forum and 'meeting' a few members.

Regards

Eddohawk

Arnie

Quote from: eddohawk on December 07, 2010, 07:16:55 PM

Hi there

After cleaning off the years of accumulated crap the overall condition is very good. The odometer reads 52000 km which looks consistent with the bikes overall condition. Mechanically it starts and rides ok but there is a problem with heavy fuel consumption which I'm about to check out. I dont intend to do a full restoration but just have a reliable weekend tourer. Looking forward to becoming an active member of this forum and 'meeting' a few members.

Regards

Eddohawk

If you need or want some help with your bike, I'll be glad to give you a hand.
I'm not too far away, NW of Geelong and have some experience with these bikes.
BTW  My '91 has ~125K kms and regularly gets about 350km per tankful.

Cheers,
Arnie