News:

Enjoy your FJ

Main Menu

Hello,all

Started by Glen, December 03, 2010, 07:26:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Glen

I am a longtime Yamaha rider,with a just purchased 85 fj 1100. It seems to be mechanically ok in spite of some very dubious stuff,like a missing synchro vacuum port plug. "I dont know why it idles at 4000" LOL. I am a motorcycle tech student at MMI Orlando,and bought this bike as a way to economize while at school. Right now,my priorities with this bike are a new windshield,confirm synch before plugging port,and changing neglected oil. I am 51 years old and not nearly a newbie at working on bikes,but am totally unfamiliar w this model. This seems like a pretty cool group,I have been lurking for a week or two while getting the deal together for this bike. I am looking forward to participating in this group and putting some fj miles in very soon.

Dan Filetti

Welcome here Glen.

Lot's of fine folks, and the singular best pool of FJ knowledge you'll find in one place.

You may wan to consider one of the southern rallies.

Cheers,

Dan
Live hardy, or go home. 

racerman_27410

Welcome to the group Glen  :good2:   this is a great group of real people happy to have you on board!

The  FJ is super easy to maintain and one of the most dependable motorcycles ever made..... ya made a good choice   :good2:

KOokaloo!

Mark Olson

welcome  :hi:

51 years old and never had an fj before , where ya been hiding?  You are gonna love your fj. :good2:

fj's are fun to ride , reliable, and haul ass.

enjoy.
Mark O.
86 fj1200
sac ca.

" Get off your ass and Ride"

83elite

Greetings and welcome to FJ land! There are great folks here and a complete wealth of info. My story is similar, rode everything else and finally made the FJ plunge. They're great bikes, (I just bought another one, but one's got to go eventually) a lot of fun, and pretty easy to work on once you find the appropriate thread! I've been able to correct everything myself by using this forum, and my bike had some "dubious" work done on it as well. Welcome!
"When the going gets weird, the Weird turn Pro."

Hunter S. Thompson

Copterdriver

Hi Glen,

I'm a new guy also. I live in Jacksonville FL. Let me know if you're up this way and we can meet for a beer and tell lies!

Mike