News:

Enjoy your FJ

Main Menu

Those in search of bodywork

Started by Pocket Bike Tim, January 01, 2011, 10:14:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pocket Bike Tim

Old files were being deleted as it is the start of a new year (Happy New Year...) some minutes ago. Whilst going through some "old" favorite links, I stumbled across one entitled "Motorhead". I followed the link and found a working website (origins of U.K. by flag on the webpage) that sells FJ bodywork.
http://tinyurl.com/237ys6x
Seems they sell they old full lowers, uppers and such. Maybe some U.K. member knows these chaps. Anyway, good luck, if you feel like pursuing  getting bodywork from them. Just thought I'd pass it on.
Tim 1991 FJ1200 (Pocket Bike)

Harvy

Tim, I think you will find they are Spanish......this is the same site that does the twin round headlight fairing.......

Harvy
FJZ1 1200 - It'll do me just fine.
Timing has much to do with the success of a rain dance.

CMD

Yes Spanish  :i_am_so_happy:

I have ordered my twin headlight fairing from them and should be with me in a couple of weeks.
One thing to keep in mind is that everything is made to order, they do not keep any stock.

Delivery to the UK is 4 to 6 weeks from date of payment, this gives them a chance to make it and get it shipped.
Very good contact though, I have had 3 emails from them letting me know the progress of my order and expected delivery date  :good2:

http://www.fairings.net/index.php

yosemite

Hi
  had a bad few days, last week I demolished large bits of fairing by hitting a pheasant at speed on the way to work on a rural road
so I stopped and picked up what I could find that night on the way home
bike is still rideable  so I continued using it for work while patching it up with a soldering iron and plumbers plasweld using bits of old sidepanels of a Honda something
any way i came out of work one night to find that Id got a £60 ticket for not displaying a tax disc,
I thought  it was lost in the collision   so i went to the local plod station to explain what had happened and try to get the ticket revoked and to report the lost tax disc, no chance, instead the very helpful plod who gave me the ticket said i was lying, that the bike was not taxed  according to the police database and that if i insisted on reporting it lost then he would do me for wasting police time   I took a long lunch break today and went back to the site and had a good look round in the hedges and ditch and finally found the thing so tomorrow
I will be needing a fairing so can any one recommend these people and do these fairings fit (mine is a 87 3cv model), i can keep patching but bits are cracking on the side opposite the impact and it looks like its been cobbled together from scrap (which it has to be truthful)
thanks
  a very depressed Yosemite

p.s. the plasweld seems to produce a good strong joint on the original body work

Dan Filetti

Quote from: yosemite on November 08, 2011, 05:07:58 PM
i came out of work one night to find that Id got a £60 ticket for not displaying a tax disc,
I thought  it was lost in the collision   so i went to the local plod station to explain what had happened and try to get the ticket revoked and to report the lost tax disc, no chance, instead the very helpful plod who gave me the ticket said i was lying, that the bike was not taxed  according to the police database and that if i insisted on reporting it lost then he would do me for wasting police time   I took a long lunch break today and went back to the site and had a good look round in the hedges and ditch and finally found the thing...

I hope you go back and jam that found disk down that prick cops' throat...

Dan
Live hardy, or go home. 

yosemite

na
I just masde a formal complaint about him
I checked with a friend who is a cop and there is no record of him accessing the database,so he lied to me
My mate said he couldnt legally access their database unless he had a legit reason so I drove past him with no lights on, he told me off and then checked out the bike on the computer and  its ok  he also happened to mention that the bike information had a fair bit of interest, it  was checked twice on the day I got the ticket but not until after the time i had visited the police station
I think the pricks career is taking a nosedive
any way I still need a fairing& front mudguardI see acouple of people have tried these Is there anyone who knows them and if so can they reccomend them
cheers
yosemite
P.s just learned some one made a complaint about him that day because they saw him driving while using a mobile phone maybe thats why he was behaving like a dickhead

FJdave1200

Quote from: Pocket Bike Tim on January 01, 2011, 10:14:26 PM
Old files were being deleted as it is the start of a new year (Happy New Year...) some minutes ago. Whilst going through some "old" favorite links, I stumbled across one entitled "Motorhead". I followed the link and found a working website (origins of U.K. by flag on the webpage) that sells FJ bodywork.
http://tinyurl.com/237ys6x
Seems they sell they old full lowers, uppers and such. Maybe some U.K. member knows these chaps. Anyway, good luck, if you feel like pursuing  getting bodywork from them. Just thought I'd pass it on.
Tim 1991 FJ1200 (Pocket Bike)

Perfect timing, thank you! Just put one on order.

DK
" All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing"

Burke

alanchester

Anyone received their order for fairings yet and if so how was the fit?

In need of one but still undecided what route to go, original or complete change?

fintip

I just ran into this site: http://www.skidmarx.co.uk/product.php?id_product=30131

While looking for 89 bodywork. Thought this might be the same people, but appears not. So I'll add it as another option, looks a bit cheaper at first glance.

Good luck.
fjowners.wikidot.com

Not everyone understands what a completely rational process this maintenance of a motorcycle is. They think it's some kind of a knack or some kind of affinity for machines in operation. They are right, but the knack is almost purely a process of reason.
-ZAMM

IBA:54952