News:

Enjoy your FJ

Main Menu

How to post Pictures into your posts.

Started by Marsh White, April 12, 2009, 10:06:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Marsh White

First, your picture has to be "hosted" up on the Internet somewhere.  There are lots of free places to host your photos.  Here are some of the more popular ones:
http://www.photobucket.com
http://www.flickr.com

Note: You can also upload your photos to the "GALLERY" here at FJowners.com.  Once you log-in, you will see the GALLERY button with the other buttons near the top of the website.  Once you have uploaded a pic here at FJowners.com, click on the pic to make it larger.  Then scroll down and you will see "Image Linking Codes - Direct Link".  That is your "Picture URL" to be used in the following step.

No matter where on the internet your picture is, you need to get the "Picture URL" to that photo.  This is the actual link that pulls up the photo, and NOTHING BUT THE PHOTO in your web browser.

Once you have the "Picture URL" you simply need to paste it between the Image Tag like this:

This is the picture URL: http://fjowners.com/gallery/168_10_04_09_9_42_33.jpeg

This is the Image tag:
[img][/img]

You put it between the ][ brackets like this:
[img]http://fjowners.com/gallery/168_10_04_09_9_42_33.jpeg[/img]

You get the Image tag by clicking on the square button that is below the Italic "I" up above.  Second row, second button from the left.

andyb

[img]http://fjowners.com/gallery/168_10_04_09_9_42_33.jpeg[/img]

results in:

FJTillDeath

for the newbs who may get confused the first couple of times, heres an illustrated "how to"

See where the smiley pops out between the [img} and {/img]? Thats where you paste the weblink of your picture. Oh and if you arent sure if you have copied th correct weblink, it should say ".jpeg", ".gif" or any other picture format and the end of its title. To get the correct link for a picture, right click it and click on "open link"(windows users) then copy the code at the top.

Hope that makes it easier for everybody new. Oh and when selling parts/ bikes, ect, describing problems with your bike(such as the route of the problem) or if you just generally wanna show off your ride(which most of us wouldnt mind seeing) please include a picture(s) in your thread

Oh and please dont post nudity (even if its of your a smoking hot model on YOUR bike) as much as some of us would like it (like Klavdy, me and the rest of the forum members) there are thousands of sites on the net where you can download any variation of it (i personally have a few bookmarked sites though mostly soft-core stuff thanks to my work site) :pardon:

PS youre more than welcome to email such pictures to members adresses (pending you get their formal approval) :biggrin:
Life behind bars - is actually quite thrilling

yarin

skik

can really get a good pic of shock.dark here now.will take more pics tomorow of  bike on side stand and whatever else you think i need to[/URL][/img] [/URL][/img]

jr1349

ok I cant work it out, im not actually trying to post a picture in a post, im just trying to get my avatar picture up.

what I think ive don't is tried to upload a picture directly from my computer to the online avatar, but from what I can gather the site software didn't like this, but it also wont let me delete the little box with an x in it that should be a pic of my bike.

it seems I need to upload to the gallery section of the site before I can use one these pics as my avatar from my gallery, ive uploaded pics into the gallery, but the problem seems to be that I cant seem to delete that little box masquerading as my avatar, if I can delete this little box, I think I should be able to upload a pic from my gallery.

so I guess my question is, who do I speak to get the little box deleted, so I can replace it with a pic of my bike for my avatar?
and also, I don't seem to able to delete pics from my gallery either, so, same question for this?

any help will be appreciated fella's (and ladies if we have any on board).

cheers
k

jr1349

ok I worked it out, the problem seemed to be that my pics were to big, weirdly the little box had disappeared but came back again when I tried to use what I know is a small pic from my gallery, any way the avatar bit seems to be sorted now.

but I still cant seem to delete pics from my gallery, assistance with this problem would still be appreciated, cheers.

Earl Svorks

Hi all,,,
For those who find the photo attach to post ordeal somewhat of a PITA,,,there's a simpler way, it goes like this; When you open the reply window, look in the second row of icons, just above all the smiley things, the second icon from the left will say insert image,when you put the cursor on it. Click it, then scroll down just below the script panel, click on the big blue letters that sayAdditional Options.
Click on Browseand choose a picture right out of your own files.
  That's how I do it.
  PS, Marsh, I hope I haven't done a bad thing here,,

ZOA NOM

Rick

Current:
2010 Honda VFR1200 DCT (Full Auto!)
1993 FJ/GSXR 1200 (-ABS)
1987 Porsche 911 Carrera (Race)
1988 Porsche Carrera (Street)
Previous:
1993 FJ1200 (FIREBALL)
1993 FJ1200ABS (RIP my collar bone)
1986 FZ750
1984 FJ600
1982 Seca

ZOA NOM

Rick

Current:
2010 Honda VFR1200 DCT (Full Auto!)
1993 FJ/GSXR 1200 (-ABS)
1987 Porsche 911 Carrera (Race)
1988 Porsche Carrera (Street)
Previous:
1993 FJ1200 (FIREBALL)
1993 FJ1200ABS (RIP my collar bone)
1986 FZ750
1984 FJ600
1982 Seca

Millietant

OK, so I've finally found out how to load pictures into the gallery - and now how to load them up with the right "orientation", so I can do it correctly for future pictures and posts.

BUT - I haven't found a way to correct the images in my previous post, when the post doesn't have a "modify" option by I also can't seem to see a way to delete the original incorrect orientation photo's from the gallery.

Hopefully someone help with instructions for this.

Cheers all.
Dean

'89 FJ 1200 3CV - owned from new.
'89 FJ 1200 3CV - no engine, tank, seat....parts bike for the future.
'88 FJ 1200 3CV - complete runner 2024 resto project
'88 FJ 1200 3CV - became a race bike, no longer with us.
'86 FJ 1200 1TX - sold to my boss to finance the '89 3CV I still own.

balky1

Quote from: Millietant on October 07, 2018, 07:39:47 PM
OK, so I've finally found out how to load pictures into the gallery - and now how to load them up with the right "orientation", so I can do it correctly for future pictures and posts.

BUT - I haven't found a way to correct the images in my previous post, when the post doesn't have a "modify" option by I also can't seem to see a way to delete the original incorrect orientation photo's from the gallery.

Hopefully someone help with instructions for this.

Cheers all.

'Modify' is available for a short period after creation of the post. Afterwards only the moderators can do it.

FJ 1100, 1985, sold
FJR 1300, 2009

Millietant

Thanks Balky - looks like I'm in the hands of the Mods for that post then, but .at least with your help I can now sort them for myself in the future  :good2:
Dean

'89 FJ 1200 3CV - owned from new.
'89 FJ 1200 3CV - no engine, tank, seat....parts bike for the future.
'88 FJ 1200 3CV - complete runner 2024 resto project
'88 FJ 1200 3CV - became a race bike, no longer with us.
'86 FJ 1200 1TX - sold to my boss to finance the '89 3CV I still own.

Ribz0

Hi all..

Im ok with posting pics to my post... but how do you add a profile pic?

Ive tried all the options... but it dont seem to work. Cheers...
Bite off more than you can chew... then chew like hell!!

aviationfred

Quote from: Ribz0 on December 06, 2018, 09:46:57 AM
Hi all..

Im ok with posting pics to my post... but how do you add a profile pic?

Ive tried all the options... but it dont seem to work. Cheers...

Click on the 'profile' box above the RPM banner on the main page. On the left click on Forum Profile information. A screen will pop up and the upper part will look like this. Click on the 'choose file' bubble and you can grab a photo from your pictures files on your computer or you gallery photos on you phone. Scroll down to the bottom of the page and click on save.

Fred
I'm not the fastest FJ rider, I am 'half-fast', the fastest slow guy....

Current
2008 VFR800 RC46 Vtec
1996 VFR750 RC36/2
1990 FJ1300 (1297cc) Casper
1990 VFR750 RC36/1 Minnie
1989 FJ1200 Lazarus, the Streetfighter Project
1985 VF500F RC31 Interceptor