News:

This forum is run by RPM and donations from members.

It is the donations of the members that help offset the operating cost of the forum. The secondary benefit of being a contributing member is the ability to save big during RPM Holiday sales. For more information please check out this link: Membership has its privileges 

Thank you for your support of the all mighty FJ.

Main Menu

And another newcomer

Started by hein, February 02, 2011, 06:21:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hein

Hi, my name is Hein, I live on Vancouver Island B.C. and I figured I should introduce myself considering I joined five months ago. I'm blessed or cursed, depending on perspective, with three motorcycles one of which is a 1993 FJ1200. This one was purchased in 1998 with barely any milage on it. It replaced a 1986 FJ witch I sold to a friend. Other than adding Givi luggage I left it alone untill 2005 when I decided to upgrade the suspension. This consisted of a Works shock, Raceteck emulators and springs and for good measure a V&H 4-1 pipe plus a paint job in house of colour orange(stock paint was in great condition but boredom set in). Fast forward to 2009 and my 60th birthday was rapidly approaching so I bought a FZ1. I planned on selling the FJ then I discovered your site. So you are to blame for my recent purchases,FZR front wheel,YZF600r rear wheel,R6 calipers and new rotors since my abs spec rotors would not work. This is the condensed list, I'm not done. Yes, you are to blame but thank you, I'm glad I didn't sell the FJ.
What do you mean, you don't have a lathe?

racerman_27410

Welcome Hein!

good story... I'm glad we helped release your inner modifier!

that FJ engine is just too sweet to let go of..... IMO nothing like the FJ package anywhere else.

KOokaloo!

Frank

Travis398

Quote from: hein on February 02, 2011, 06:21:08 PM
  Hi, my name is Hein, I live on Vancouver Island B.C.

Yes, you are to blame but thank you, I'm glad I didn't sell the FJ.

Welcome to the group Hein, Just imagine how glad you will be, once you are done.

When all you have is a hammer, everything looks like a nail.

weymouth399

Welcome Hein

Glad we could help.
Only 3 bikes, you will have to work on that if your gonna hang around this group. :sarcastic:
I've lost count, it's better for her this way :lol:
Enjoy
Bob W
84 FJ 1100
86 FJ1200
89 FJ1200
5  FJ POWERED race cars
76 LB80 Chappy
93 KX500 ice for sale
00 KX500 ice/dirt
04 KDX220 dirt for sale
04 KX500 ice
08 KLX450 ice/road
72 CT90x2 for sale

carsick

in house of colour orange

Vee must see zis House of Kolor Orange- photographic evidence pleeze!  And welcome aboard, sounds like you're our type of FJ'er!
Doug

hein

Quote from: carsick on February 02, 2011, 10:34:45 PM
 in house of colour orange

Vee must see zis House of Kolor Orange- photographic evidence pleeze!  And welcome aboard, sounds like you're our type of FJ'er!
Doug
[/I finished the machining for the yzf wheel last night and now its off to the powdercoater along with the front wheel and various other bits. I'd be happy to post pictures once completed but I dont have a clue as to how to do this. Is there some kind of tutorial on this site as to tranfering from a picture folder to a post? Also, where is the correct place to post them? quote]

Travis398

http://www.fjowners.com/index.php?topic=341.0

Quote from: hein on February 03, 2011, 03:58:35 PM
Is there some kind of tutorial on this site as to tranfering from a picture folder to a post? Also, where is the correct place to post them?

You can post pics up in the gallery anytime

When all you have is a hammer, everything looks like a nail.

hein

OK I now know I can post to  the picture gallery but I still need to know how to do this. I'm somewhat challenged when it comes to using a computer for this purpose. My computer skills are limited to work related uses which are not communication or data transfer oriented. I do appreciate any and all help Thanks Hein

Arnie

Hein,

The first topic in the "General" block is all about posting into messages.
You'll want to go back to the begining of that theme.

Arnie

Quote from: hein on February 03, 2011, 06:42:33 PM
OK I now know I can post to  the picture gallery but I still need to know how to do this. I'm somewhat challenged when it comes to using a computer for this purpose. My computer skills are limited to work related uses which are not communication or data transfer oriented. I do appreciate any and all help Thanks Hein

hein

Thanks for the welcome and also thanks for directing me to the posting info site.I'll probably have to hire a twelve year old to walk me through the picture sending part but in exchange I can teach him or her to use a slide rule although they most likely have never heard of one. Anyway, thanks again. Hein

Shaun

Hey there, welcome and good to see another Islander. Where abouts on this great Island are you, maybe we could meet up for a ride this season.

Shaun

hein

Quote from: Shaun on February 25, 2011, 10:44:07 AM
Hey there, welcome and good to see another Islander. Where abouts on this great Island are you, maybe we could meet up for a ride this season.

Shaun
Hi Shaun.  I live in Union Bay about 15 km. south of Courtenay and 90 km. north of Nanaimo. Where do you call home?  Regards. Hein.                                                                         

Shaun

Quote from: hein on March 07, 2011, 12:52:26 PM
Quote from: Shaun on February 25, 2011, 10:44:07 AM

Shaun
Hi Shaun.  I live in Union Bay about 15 km. south of Courtenay and 90 km. north of Nanaimo. Where do you call home?  Regards. Hein.                                                                         

Good day Hein as life might have it you are just a short ride away from me, Nanaimo is where I call home. I actually ride by Union bay several times a season, now I'll have to drop by and drag you out for a ride around some time soon.