News:

Enjoy your FJ

Main Menu

BOONE IS SOON

Started by TRoy, April 20, 2009, 07:39:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TRoy

My Rally Adventure begins in 21 days  :yahoo:

I'll be riding to Chapel Hill NC on Monday to hang out with my bro & his new family.

Tuesday I will head for Boone.

Anybody else have similar plans? Join me :good2:

KoOKalOOoo!
Peace & Love
86FJ 100K+
07Burg650
15Downtown300

CodyNKR

YEA! BOONE IS SOON!!!! Actually our getaway date is May 9th in the am. The SO and I are headed up to Southern Pines, NC first, then over to Sevierville, TN to pick up a "parts bike" for him, then heading to Boone by Sunday afternoon the 10th. So yep TRoy we'll be there that Tuesday as well. I spoke with my riding buddy NancyG a couple of days ago and she and Jack will be pulling in on Tuesday as well.
I'm going shopping for a LARGE coffee pot, not that little 12 cup thing. If anyone can think of anything else I need to bring, pass it on and I'll do my best to make it happen.

NancyK

Quote from: TRoy on April 20, 2009, 07:39:41 AM
My Rally Adventure begins in 21 days  :yahoo:

I'll be riding to Chapel Hill NC on Monday to hang out with my bro & his new family.

Tuesday I will head for Boone.

Anybody else have similar plans? Join me :good2:

KoOKalOOoo!

rktmanfj

Quote from: CodyNKR on April 20, 2009, 11:26:57 AM
<snip> If anyone can think of anything else I need to bring, pass it on and I'll do my best to make it happen.

NancyK

Um, rum cake(s)...  duh.    :greeting:

Randy T
Indy

CodyNKR

Um, rum cake(s)...  duh.    :greeting:

Randy T
Indy
[/quote]

WELL, DUH! YES! And if we run out of rum cake, just buy some Twinkies and pour rum over them, just about the same thing. :biggrin:

Don't know yet which bike the SO may bring, his "technicolor terror" as his Sabre is now called or the much better looking Interceptor 1000 that he just got. The Interceptor isn't running right, something about the carbs, clutch and such, so who knows what he'll be riding. He just got home from a ride to Tellico to meet up with his sabre group last weekend. They stay over at Hunt's campground there on 68.

NancyK

mst3kguy

arriving tuesday.  and if i get feisty, i may make a rum cake to challenge nancy's.  a bobby flay throwdown, if you will.
dean
2014 triumph street triple r
2019 ktm 1290 superduke gt

rlucas

Departing Saturday AM; be there Tuesday afternoon.

Saturday - Chicago to central Ohio
Sunday - Central Ohio to Troutville, WV
Monday - Troutville to Richmond
Tuesday - Blue Ridge to Boone!!!

KOOKALOO!!!

Rossi
We're not a club. Clubs have rules. Pay dues. Wear hats and shit.

"Y'all might be faster than me, but you didn't have more fun than I did." Eric McClellan (RIP '15)

yamispop

rossi
    why are you commin to richmond on your way to boone
                                                                        Calvin

rlucas

Sorry...not Richmond. Outside Roanoke. My bad...I didn't have my directions with me.

Rossi

"Y'all might be faster than me, but you didn't have more fun than I did." Eric McClellan (RIP '15)

gearheadstu

Can a token FZ6 dork still play?  ;D

Not long now. Looking forward to seeing you lot again.

--
Stu
Stu

gdfj12

Rum cake from Nancy, red/blue cap from Frank (at least I hope he continues the tradition) & I'll be bringin' the smokin' hot beef jerky! It's going to be a good rally!

George D
'89 FJ1200       
George D
'89 FJ1250 ~'90-black/blue
'87 FJ1250 ~streetfighter project
'89 FJ1200 ~white/silver, resto project
'88 Honda Hawk GT, resto project

rlucas

Hell, George, it's always a good Rally!

Great roads, great people, great food, old bikes, big fires and assorted tomfoolery. What's better than that?

Rossi

FJ Flyer

Hope you guys have the usual great rally.  At least I won't be going thru complete withdraw.  We have meetings all week in Kansas City.  I'll be taking the FJR out there with three others from the office.  Granted, it gets pretty flat on the other side of the Mississippi, but at least I'll be on the bike and not waiting in line for security at the airport with my shoes in my hand.
Chris P.
'16 FJR1300ES
'87 FJ1200
'76 DT250

Wear your gear.

rvnmaniac

Chris are you riding out?
"GO RAVENS"

vulcanbill

Quote from: FJ Flyer on April 24, 2009, 05:41:20 AM
Hope you guys have the usual great rally.  At least I won't be going thru complete withdraw.  We have meetings all week in Kansas City.  I'll be taking the FJR out there with three others from the office.  Granted, it gets pretty flat on the other side of the Mississippi, but at least I'll be on the bike and not waiting in line for security at the airport with my shoes in my hand.

I did that last year on the Bandit.  Detour through WV on 33 and some others then had to make time so we hopped back on 70.  KC is not rider friendly.  Take a bus.  Left at 6 on the way back.  Was going to rock the whole way home in one sitting but there was an accident in Columbus and I'd ditched the frequent stopper guy I was out there with that had the GPS.  Only made the 700 or so miles by dinner time.  I was bummed because I was feeling really good and knocking off the nascar gas stops left and right.  I would have made it home the 1045 or so miles by bedtime. 

Enjoy your trip.

gdfj12

Henry, my new 'girlfriend' Kris & i will be trailering the ol' FJ down, we'll see all of you soon!

George D
'89 FJ1200
George D
'89 FJ1250 ~'90-black/blue
'87 FJ1250 ~streetfighter project
'89 FJ1200 ~white/silver, resto project
'88 Honda Hawk GT, resto project