News:

Welcome to FJowners.com

It is the members who make this best place for FJ related content on the internet.

Main Menu

Makin' movies

Started by mz_rider, April 17, 2011, 05:17:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mz_rider

I've been messing about making videos recently so I though I'd post one for your consideration. It's of a favourite run of mine through the Scottish Borders to Berwick Upon Tweed. The weather was beautiful today. The set-up is basic - a cheap compact camera attached to the chin piece edited with Live Movie Maker.

Stuart

movie] [url=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6wCVhdr_5RI#]movie[/url]

mz_rider

Oops, try again:

I've been messing about making videos recently so I though I'd post one for your consideration. It's of a favourite run of mine through the Scottish Borders to Berwick Upon Tweed. The weather was beautiful today. The set-up is basic - a cheap compact camera attached to the chin piece edited with Live Movie Maker.

Stuart

movie

big r

Nice ride looks alot like the interior of B.C. :yahoo: :lol:

Dan Filetti

Nice vid.  Guessing the center line is more of a suggestion over there?

Thanks for posting.

Dan
Live hardy, or go home. 

1tinindian

Hey Stuart, Nice Video!

I won't rag on you about your riding, because there are alot of riders here that need improvement in that area.

Thanks for sharing!

Leon
"I want to be free to ride my machine without being hassled by the "man"!
91 FJ1200

Dan Filetti

Quote from: 1tinindian on April 17, 2011, 09:36:56 PM
I won't rag on you about your riding...

My 'ragging' was more for you Leon than for Stuart...

I told you in my PM to you, that I had a friend die this way, so yes, it is something I am sensitive to.  

Dan
Live hardy, or go home. 

Harvy

Quote from: Dan Filetti on April 17, 2011, 08:15:14 PM

Thanks for posting.

Dan

Did I even see a vehicle coming in the other direction???? With roads that free of traffic, who needs a centre line!

Nice job on the Video Stuart. I have been enjoying you video/images contributions....keep it up mate.

Harvy
FJZ1 1200 - It'll do me just fine.
Timing has much to do with the success of a rain dance.

Mark Olson

Great vid Stuart ,

I enjoy seeing the countryside from other bits of the world. :good2:
Mark O.
86 fj1200
sac ca.

" Get off your ass and Ride"

rktmanfj

Nice video, Stuart... I love seeing this sort of stuff, from either side of the center line.    :good:

Randy T
Indy

Brook

...... good job with the video and choice of song !!

.. when you can see, the hole road, that far in-front of you, yellow or white lines, mean nothing !!

.. need to let the motor warm-up a little !! 

Jeff

mz_rider

Hey Stuart, Nice Video!

I won't rag on you about your riding, because there are alot of riders here that need improvement in that area.

Thanks for sharing!

Leon

Leon,

No offence taken. In my defence I'd say that the minor roads often have potholes & areas of loose gravel so the "racing line" isn't always an option.

Stuart

mz_rider

Quote from: Harvy on April 17, 2011, 10:58:17 PM
Quote from: Dan Filetti on April 17, 2011, 08:15:14 PM

Thanks for posting.

Dan

Did I even see a vehicle coming in the other direction???? With roads that free of traffic, who needs a centre line!

Nice job on the Video Stuart. I have been enjoying you video/images contributions....keep it up mate.

Harvy

Harvy,

One of the attractions of the Borders region is lack of traffic (a rarity in our crowded island) Even in summer it's quiet since the tourists head for the Highlands.

Stuart

1tinindian

Quote from: Dan Filetti on April 17, 2011, 10:30:10 PM
I won't rag on you about your riding...

My 'ragging' was more for you Leon than for Stuart...

I told you in my PM to you, that I had a friend die this way, so yes, it is something I am sensitive to. 

Dan

I'm just tired of your same old song and dance!
Get over it already!
Christ, take some time and look at some of the rally videos where the riders are passing on a double yellow AND meeting traffic at high rates of speed.
Get over it ,already!

Or is it just ME that you have a problem with, as I never see you commenting of those guys?

Why can't you just enjoy the videos for what they have to offer without turning into a combination of Johney Law, Keith Code and Mother Hen!?
"I want to be free to ride my machine without being hassled by the "man"!
91 FJ1200

markmartin

Great video Stuart.  Keep them coming.  I love the scenery and the glimpse of the culture and architecture where you are.  Plus seeing it from the seat of a moving bike is the way I like it.  Nice job.

Mark

Dan Filetti

Quote from: 1tinindian on April 18, 2011, 06:47:55 AM

I'm just tired of your same old song and dance!
Get over it already!
Christ, take some time and look at some of the rally videos where the riders are passing on a double yellow AND meeting traffic at high rates of speed.
Get over it ,already!

Or is it just ME that you have a problem with, as I never see you commenting of those guys?

Why can't you just enjoy the videos for what they have to offer without turning into a combination of Johney Law, Keith Code and Mother Hen!?

Changing the thread title to avoid a hijack.

Oh Leon...

So you have a few issues here.

1. Persecution complex: As I tried to explain in my PM to you, when you though I was trying to make you 'my bitch' as you so eloquently put it, this is a personal issue for me and not at all about you.  When I see it, I react and I say something.      

You say "I never see you commenting of those guys" (nice English BTW), but you're clearly complaining about the fact that I did comment on another thread, from someone else entirely.  I'm just curious, would it make you feel any better (and less persecuted), if I went back and re-watched, and pointed out where others crossed the center line?

2. You're tired of watching me sing and dance apparently. Oh wait, that's not it, I seem to be posting my opinions too much, and you don't agree. :Tough shit, don't read it.

3. Hypocrisy. You're upset that I am expressing my opinion about something completely unrelated, and how do you deal with this?... wait for it... you express your opinion.

Leon, get over yourself, not everyone is out to get you.

Dan

(popcorn)  
Live hardy, or go home.