News:

Welcome to FJowners.com

It is the members who make this best place for FJ related content on the internet.

Main Menu

Checking in from N.C.

Started by 1badfj, April 18, 2011, 03:58:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

1badfj

I wanted to first off say what a great place. :good2: I have been the owner of an 86 FJ1200 for the past three years or so. I have used the archives and technical posts here to help me get my baby going. :hi:

When I got the bike it had been sitting for over 10 years and with all of the information available here I was able to do all of the things that required technical assistance, but I was able to do via the search function.

I am located in the great state of N.C. and hope to someday be able to meet up with any locals and possibly make it to a rally. I am married with a great wife and three small kids, so the FJ is my escape from the trials of life, but it makes my riding at this point minimal. But hey I have gotten a taste of the Kookaloo.

I again what to thank Marsh for creating a great site and have been an avid follower since the inception from the old Yahoo days. I tried several times to get advice from over there but it seemed to be a political mess everytime. I will try and keep my posts short, concise and properly punctuated and I like to make sure my words as spelled right as well, but I will say Klavdy(?) has been pretty quite on the site for sometime now.

I will check in when I can but between family, work and the other responsibilities I have, my computer time is very limited and the reason I have not taken the time to join until now.

Steve :drinks:

weymouth399

Welcome to the party Steve, 86 is the best year.

Bob W
84 FJ 1100
86 FJ1200
89 FJ1200
5  FJ POWERED race cars
76 LB80 Chappy
93 KX500 ice for sale
00 KX500 ice/dirt
04 KDX220 dirt for sale
04 KX500 ice
08 KLX450 ice/road
72 CT90x2 for sale

FJmonkey

Steve, Welcome, many jump in and ask the most already asked questions. You jump in after searching and finding many answers. Including the answer to "What is Kookaloo"? Anyone with an 86' is already drenched in it (other years chime in).  :drinks:
The glass is not half full, it was engineered with a 2X safety factor.

'86 Ambulance - Bent frame, cracked case, due for an overhaul
'89 Stormy Blue - Suits my Dark Side

racerman_27410

Welcome to the group Steve.

I'm in Greensboro!   Good to have ya on board!

KOokaloo!

Frank

bama1

Welcome Steve
Im located in Hendersonville.

BAMA

Mark Olson

welcome  :hi:

another 86 is a good thing.

just because your fj is running good doesn't mean you can't post stuff.

I am sure you have seen posts about everything under the sun.

there are always modifications to do. :mail1:
Mark O.
86 fj1200
sac ca.

" Get off your ass and Ride"

FJ Flyer

Welcome aboard, Steve.  Depending on where you are in NC, a day or two at the Spring Rally in Boone, NC may work for you.  Great riding/roads and some of us idiots are pretty tolerable.

I'm right there with you - four young kids.  I haven't been to a Spring Rally since 2005, as my third was born on Rally week in 2006.  I'll be missing her 5th birthday, this year.  She's already laying on the guilt.  :empathy3:

Chris P.
'16 FJR1300ES
'87 FJ1200
'76 DT250

Wear your gear.

TRoy

Quote from: FJ Flyer on April 20, 2011, 06:24:00 AM
  I'll be missing her 5th birthday this year

Oh how time flies :shok:

Peace & Love
86FJ 100K+
07Burg650
15Downtown300

FJ Flyer

Wow, TRoy, you're good!!!!

Yep, little Harper will be starting kindergarten in the fall.  She's a pistol.

Chris P.
'16 FJR1300ES
'87 FJ1200
'76 DT250

Wear your gear.

A11an0n

1986 FJ1200
2007 Yamaha WR250F

1badfj

Thanks for the welcome guys. I saw the rally was coming up again, but based on the finances, babysitting, and the need to work to support the family I can't afford to take any time right now.

I get to make a quick run on the FJ once every couple of weeks and really hope to be able to make a day trip or two this summer when my parents are coming to visit for a couple of weeks. This will give the wife and I a little time to hopefully take a long ride.

Thanks again.

acman

Hey I live in Winston Salem N.C. I own two 86 models  red and white

weymouth399

Quote from: acman on April 24, 2011, 03:25:21 PM
I own two 86 models  red and white

The prettiest ones, and I bet the most owned. If the don't they did.

Bob W
84 FJ 1100
86 FJ1200
89 FJ1200
5  FJ POWERED race cars
76 LB80 Chappy
93 KX500 ice for sale
00 KX500 ice/dirt
04 KDX220 dirt for sale
04 KX500 ice
08 KLX450 ice/road
72 CT90x2 for sale

carsick

Quote from: weymouth399 on April 24, 2011, 04:13:32 PM
If the don't they did.

Bob W
You said it man! Now what the hell does it mean?

Signaller

Steve,
     Welcome to the group. I have an 86 as well. Im still a Newbie in this great bunch of enthusiasts here. Have a good day.

Dan