News:

This forum is run by RPM and donations from members.

It is the donations of the members that help offset the operating cost of the forum. The secondary benefit of being a contributing member is the ability to save big during RPM Holiday sales. For more information please check out this link: Membership has its privileges 

Thank you for your support of the all mighty FJ.

Main Menu

Yamaha Sprots Plaza

Started by simi_ed, April 25, 2011, 02:42:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

simi_ed

I found a new (to me anyway) vendor for non-motor Yamaha parts (since Randy already covers all of our motor needs).  They're Yamaha Sports Plaza, in Fairview, OR.  Their business card claims 30% off all Yamaha parts, and they offer all 4 Japanese brands too.  I just placed an order,and even including the back ordered parts they shipped quickly and for a fair price on both parts and postage.
They're on the web at www.yamahasportsplaza.com.  I have to toss in the usual no affiliation, no kick back, never met 'em ...etc. 

I'd buy from them again! 
-- RKBA Regards,

Ed
===
Ed Thiele 
Simi Valley, CA -- I no longer have SoCal manners.
'89 FJ12C (Theft deterrent Silver/White)

- All that is necessary for the forces of evil to win in the world is for
enough good men to do nothing.

- Edmund Burke

pdxfj

They are local to me.. well.. on the far east end of town from me..

Nice and friendly people out there.  If I was in the market for a new bike, I'd buy from them rather than the much larger dealer closer to me.

carsick

FeralRdr

Originally posted this in another forum (PNWRiders.com), but thought I should include it here as well.

Quote from: FeralRdr+1 

Yamaha Sports Plaza is my default go to place for parts for the FJ.  They consistently have the lowest prices for parts and gear, especially when you order online for in-store pickup.  They will also attempt to price match, so if you find something cheaper someplace else, just give them a call and see if they can at least meet or beat it.  I was able to pick up a Shoei RF1100 for $335, where as everyone else wanted between $370 and $400 for the same one (and that was online).  They don't normally have the amount of gear that Beaverton Honda or Cycle Gear has in their stores, but they can get most anything from their distributors.  Also, unfortunately, the only OEM parts they carry are Yamaha.

Probably the best testament I can give them, is for service. When I had to rebuild my brakes last summer, I ended up waiting on OEM brake pads.  I was told that everything was suppose to have shipped from the distributor and everything else had come in except the front brake pads.  After two days of not showing up, the status changed to back order.  The parts guy Clifton, who had been tracking and checking the order each day, called around for me and found EBC pads at several other local shops.  He placed them on hold for me and canceled the back ordered parts: basically, they gave my business to a competitor to take care of me.  Additionally, a few weeks ago I found a wheel weight missing off my front rim.  I took it in to their service department, to have it checked/rebalanced, and they said it was good to go and didn't charge me a thing for it.  Granted, some may feel these are small things, but for me it's the small things that add up.  And, when your trying to get your bike back on the road to make a weekend trip with friends, these small things can be huge.

Hope this helps.

Pat Conlon

1) Free Owners Manual download: https://tinyurl.com/fmsz7hk9
2) Don't store your FJ with E10 fuel https://tinyurl.com/3cjrfct5
3) Replace your old stock rubber brake lines.
4) Important items for the '84-87 FJ's:
Safety wire: https://tinyurl.com/99zp8ufh
Fuel line: https://tinyurl.com/bdff9bf3

FeralRdr

Just wanted to provide some updated info.  simi_ed originally posted that Yamaha Sports Plaza carried all major Japanese OEM parts.  At the time of my previous post, you had to contact them directly to do this.  They have now updated their systems/website so you can now order online for the other manufacturers.

Hope this helps