News:

Welcome to FJowners.com

It is the members who make this best place for FJ related content on the internet.

Main Menu

Back from 2011 rally

Started by pdxfj, June 05, 2011, 07:37:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

1tinindian

The pictures were very nice, from the sounds of it the weather could have been better, but just what is the story behind Marsh and his dented tank?
No pictures?
Any replacement found?
Anybody have the low-down on this?
And Klavdy, hows that new bike?
I'm interested in you riders perspective!

Overwhelmed to here you all had a safe trip, congrats!

Leon
"I want to be free to ride my machine without being hassled by the "man"!
91 FJ1200

FJmonkey

Quote from: Flynt on June 05, 2011, 11:22:23 PM
Nice meeting you Monkey Man...  I'd be your roomie again in a heartbeat, but please rattle can the Periwinkle rear wheel my friend. 
looking fwd to the next ride....
Frank
Hey Frank, for starting out wanting a room to myself I am glad I got bunked up with you and Henry. And after you and Henry, Hein (sp?) rode in quite late on his very Orange FJ breaking out the wine and tasty cheese. Great experience and good company. I am taking Marsh's advise and using spray-on paint stripper to have a raw Aluminum wheel till I can put some color on it. Maybe Marsh can tell me where he gets his spray stripper. Does it come with it's own stripper pole?
The glass is not half full, it was engineered with a 2X safety factor.

'86 Ambulance - Bent frame, cracked case, due for an overhaul
'89 Stormy Blue - Suits my Dark Side

wakdady

My flickr was missing a few pics and i just got around to adding them, so check that out again.

Mark, I used some pretty strong brush-on paint stripper i got from Lowes. it worked pretty well.

Gazza

Hi guys, here's a copy/paste from the other WCR thread ... I posted this there before I saw this one.

~~~

Hi Ladies and Gents ...

It was really great to see the old and friendly faces and meet the new ones.  I can only imagine the epic fun that would have been on tap had the weather had its shit together, but whaddya gonna do?  Thanks going out to Garth for the Cinnamon Whisky, that's for sure.

I haven't checked the general communication spot so this may be old news, but on the way south from Hollister on the 25 Pat came over a rise in the road and into a blind and tight right-hander with a patch of sand.  Down he went.  He got banged up enough to earn a ride to the hospital and his fine did as well.  Both will recover with a bit of effort and be good as new, though.

He is being released from San Jose Regional Hospital this afternoon and will spend a few days in Sacramento at his son's house while nursing three broken ribs, a bruised lung and two or three fractured metatarsyls (sp?) on his right foot.  His gear was fully sacrificed and that resulted in absolutely no scrapes on him whatsoever.  The ER folks praised him for wearing it all, so to anybody wearing jeans on this ride please take note.

Big thanks to Flynt for the offer of a sleep-over ... hopefully next time.

I hope everybody else got home with no issues.  Please keep that shiny side up!

Flynt

Quote from: Gazza on June 07, 2011, 12:44:57 PM
Hi guys, here's a copy/paste from the other WCR thread ... I posted this there before I saw this one.

~~~

Hi Ladies and Gents ...

It was really great to see the old and friendly faces and meet the new ones.  I can only imagine the epic fun that would have been on tap had the weather had its shit together, but whaddya gonna do?  Thanks going out to Garth for the Cinnamon Whisky, that's for sure.

I haven't checked the general communication spot so this may be old news, but on the way south from Hollister on the 25 Pat came over a rise in the road and into a blind and tight right-hander with a patch of sand.  Down he went.  He got banged up enough to earn a ride to the hospital and his fine did as well.  Both will recover with a bit of effort and be good as new, though.

He is being released from San Jose Regional Hospital this afternoon and will spend a few days in Sacramento at his son's house while nursing three broken ribs, a bruised lung and two or three fractured metatarsyls (sp?) on his right foot.  His gear was fully sacrificed and that resulted in absolutely no scrapes on him whatsoever.  The ER folks praised him for wearing it all, so to anybody wearing jeans on this ride please take note.

Big thanks to Flynt for the offer of a sleep-over ... hopefully next time.

I hope everybody else got home with no issues.  Please keep that shiny side up!

Ouch!  Speedy recovery Pat.  Let me know if I can I be of any service since I'm kind of local?

Frank
There's plenty of time for sleep in the grave...

pdxfj

Holy crap Pat!  Take it easy and heal up!

I might be down in the Bay Area in a couple of weeks with my truck and can make a longer trip out of it if you need/want the bike delivered to your home.

Dan Filetti

Damn Pat!

I hate to read this! I really hope you heal well and quickly and that the bike is not too much trouble to put back to its pre-wreck shininess.

Get better quickly!

Dan
Live hardy, or go home. 

Flynt

FYI - I talked to Pat just a minute ago and he's doing OK.  They are keeping him at the hospital and checking the lung damage, but he thought they'd let him go today.  His son from Sac is with him and they are planning to get the bike (in King City) and bringing it up to Sac to evaluate and decide what's next.  I'm in San Jose, probably about 3 miles from him, and will go visit if they don't spring him today.  Randy has also offered his services to move the bike, so we'll see what happens.

Bum luck after riding through rain and nasty stuff for the prior few days...  Pat gets a clear road with hidden sand  :mad:

Take care Pat and let us help if we can!

Frank
There's plenty of time for sleep in the grave...

wakdady

shit that sucks! I feel bad since i told him how cool 25 and 198 were.

Heal up soon Pat! I'm sure you'll polish the hell out of that thing first chance you get!

:music:

craigo

Hey Pat,

Sorry about your mishap.  Get better real fast.  Also, on another note, sorry about your beautiful bike.  Jeez, a bit of insult to injury.

Anyway, heal up fast and lets get a SoCal ride together sometime.  Remember, I still owe you a sandwich.  I want to make good on that.  :nyam2:

Take care,  :drinks:

CraigO
CraigO
90FJ1200

Mike 86 in San Dimas

Hey Pat,
Sorry and very bummed to hear about your tumble, but glad you to know you will be OK. We're not too far apart in dog years and  know we don't bonce like we use too. Bikes can be replaced (well yours not so easy). Take some time off work....Oh yeah, never mind.  :crazy:
Your a great asset to the forum and one of the best people I have met in a long time. I wish you a speedy recovery!!
Mike

FJmonkey

Pat, bugger about the unscheduled dismount. Take your meds if you need to, heal well, and take lots of therapeutic polishing. I look forward to ridding with you again. A bit surprising that with all the rain and crap on the roads we don't loose one till the conditions look much better. Comfortable vs. paranoid. When you are ready you have some SoCal friends ready to ride. I hope some of the nurses were cute.....
The glass is not half full, it was engineered with a 2X safety factor.

'86 Ambulance - Bent frame, cracked case, due for an overhaul
'89 Stormy Blue - Suits my Dark Side

andyoutandabout

Major bummer Pat, I'm sad to hear 'bout your get off. At least you've still got that lovely head of hair to see you through the tough times. I live in Napa, so if you need a storage place or errand, I'm but an hour away. My mates even got a trailer.
Andy
life without a bike is just life

1tinindian

Pat, that's terrible news.
I hope you heal well and get back on your horse very soon!

I feel compelled to offer any help I can, but distance is a bitch, but I will do my best to help you in any way that I can.
I'd love to help to repair and re polish any damage to your sweet bike.

I feel I owe you something for all the help you have given me during this past year!

Take care, you will be in my thoughts!

Leon
"I want to be free to ride my machine without being hassled by the "man"!
91 FJ1200

simi_ed

Pat went down? Uh oh. 

Hurry up & heal Paddy!  I hope you're not hurting too much.  As Mark said, you're going to need some therapeutic polishing time on the '84, hopefully not too many parts as well. 

Heal quick, amigo.

Ed
-- RKBA Regards,

Ed
===
Ed Thiele 
Simi Valley, CA -- I no longer have SoCal manners.
'89 FJ12C (Theft deterrent Silver/White)

- All that is necessary for the forces of evil to win in the world is for
enough good men to do nothing.

- Edmund Burke