News:

This forum is run by RPM and donations from members.

It is the donations of the members that help offset the operating cost of the forum. The secondary benefit of being a contributing member is the ability to save big during RPM Holiday sales. For more information please check out this link: Membership has its privileges 

Thank you for your support of the all mighty FJ.

Main Menu

Hello from a newbe

Started by Plug, June 12, 2011, 04:11:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Plug

Hi all, I'm Plug and .
Recently picked up an FJ1200 from the great price of £150. Cosmeticaly it was well tatty and a non-runner. A new battery and a carb clean got it running. All it needed for an MOT was a new chain and sproket :good2:
As I'm into my rat bikes (I also run a matt black gpz1000) I'm not really botherd about what they look like, it got one of my special paint jobs.

Here's a few pics
As I bought it

As it is now

Mike 86 in San Dimas

Welcome Plug! Looks like you made a good buy there. You can find a lot of great FJ info here. But never post that picture again :sarcastic:
Mike

FJmonkey

Quote from: Mike 86 in San Dimas on June 12, 2011, 04:20:16 PM
Welcome Plug! Looks like you made a good buy there. You can find a lot of great FJ info here. But never post that picture again :sarcastic:
Mike
Not what most of us would call an upgrade, but if you love your FJ then all is well, even "Tiggeriffic". Imagine Tigger yelling Kookaloooo!
The glass is not half full, it was engineered with a 2X safety factor.

'86 Ambulance - Bent frame, cracked case, due for an overhaul
'89 Stormy Blue - Suits my Dark Side

Mike 86 in San Dimas

Not what most of us would call an upgrade, but if you love your FJ then all is well, even "Tiggeriffic". Imagine Tigger yelling Kookaloooo!
[/quote]
From a guys with a periwinkle wheel

racerman_27410

welcome to the group!

tigger rocks!

KOokaloo!

Dan Filetti

Live hardy, or go home. 

rktmanfj

Welcome, Plug... you got some mad skillz with a rattle can!      :lol:

Randy T
indy

FJ-Paul

They're bouncy, trouncy, flouncy, pouncy,
Fun! Fun! Fun! Fun! Fun!
But the most wonderful thing about FJ tiggers is
that that's the only one!

Travis398

Welcome to the group Plug, I would say that is a first but.........................someone beat you to it.

When all you have is a hammer, everything looks like a nail.

Plug

Thanks for the welcome guys. There's lots of good info on here. That duke is nuts. Got a few more ideas for the FJ but then again, there's a few things needed for the GPZ as well. It will evolve slowly :good:

Flying Scotsman

Come on I know you want a Tiger tail  :rofl:
1984 FJ1100
1985 FJ1100
1990 FJ1200
1999 GP1200 (165 + hp)

Plug

Quote from: Flying Scotsman on June 14, 2011, 10:52:16 AM
Come on I know you want a Tiger tail  :rofl:

Now how did you know that  :biggrin:

FJmonkey

Quote from: Mike 86 in San Dimas on June 12, 2011, 07:52:33 PM

From a guys with a periwinkle wheel
Periwinkle wheel??? I cant see it. What are you talking about....Did someone Photoshop a Purple wheel on my BIKE!!!!!! It was that Henry guy that showed up at the WCR wasn't it??? Acting all friendly and nice after I accepted him as as roommate...He did take a nice shot of me but Photoshopped in a tacky pair of Moon riding boots (that I had to crop out) over my Alpine Star boots. i am gonna have to pre-approve of his photos for the next FJWCR.

Henry, you have been warned!!! :diablo:
The glass is not half full, it was engineered with a 2X safety factor.

'86 Ambulance - Bent frame, cracked case, due for an overhaul
'89 Stormy Blue - Suits my Dark Side

carsick

That Italian one would look purrfect without the tail. Although if someone has an unused Italian tail, might be worth something.