News:

Welcome to FJowners.com

It is the members who make this best place for FJ related content on the internet.

Main Menu

Touring Japan

Started by fb747, July 04, 2011, 11:23:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

fb747

Thought I might as well put something in this section.

DAY1
Me and the girl decided to go have a bit of a hunt around over the weekend. We decided on a place called Nikko just north of Tokyo. 
The weather was a little concerning at first and as I pulled in for the initial fuel up I was almost sure the one sitting behind me was going to try and pull the pin on the whole thing but to her credit she was quiet.

Ready to roll

After slabbing it for about 200ks we dived off onto a road that seemed to form a tunnel through the dense forest and I knew it was going to be a top weekend. We arrived in Nikko town and were stunned as usual when we go out to these little country towns by their quaint beauty.

"Sacred" bridge in Nikko

After we'd had a bit of a sticky beak around it was time to head for the hills. We cruised up some of the most amazing roads I've been on taking in equally amazing views. The bike started to run a bit funny and I noticed when we pulled over that it was idling really low, that was when I realised we were well over 1000m above sea level.

I think this image speaks for itself

Just one of many

We continued to our overnight destination, Lake Chuzenji  at the top. After finding a place to sleep and consuming a few beers and some great ramen it was time to call it a day.

Lake Chuzenji 1269M above sea level

Yummm!

DAY2 We woke up early and enjoyed what the village at the lake had to offer which was absolutely spectacular. After touristing it up we jumped back on the bike to  go and enjoy the views from  some of the mountain passes. Sure enough as soon as we start to climb we meet the clouds in a big way, following some cages taillights through soupy fog aint much fun so we took the nearest road downhill.
After blasting about with a couple of other fellow two wheeled enthusiasts we made it back to Nikko for a quick caffeine fix then back to the slab for the haul home. All up we probably only covered 600ks over the 2 days but it always feels like more when 2 up, the bike didn't miss a beat as usual and the new pilot road 3s were impressive.

Waterfall near lake Chuzenji

I hope you enjoyed, I'd love to see some more ride reports in here from the rest of you blokes n ladies.

Cheers, Ben 

Life's pretty straight without twisties.

Mark Olson

Beautiful pics , thanks for posting them . :good2:

I will return the favor someday.
Mark O.
86 fj1200
sac ca.

" Get off your ass and Ride"

carsick

Quote from: fb747 on July 04, 2011, 11:23:32 AM

Cheers, Ben 

Thank you for the beautiful images from a place I'll likely never see in person! I gotta say though that smart phones can do a lot but that picture of your lower intestine might be one step too far.
Doug

fb747

Your just lucky I didn't go with the shot of my colon.
Life's pretty straight without twisties.

carsick

Quote from: fb747 on July 04, 2011, 09:55:04 PM
Your just lucky I didn't go with the shot of my colon.

Don't worry, we've already got something similar.

Ned

Konichiwa Ben

Great pictures. I think very few people realise what a beautiful country Japan is once you're out of the cities unless they've been there. I was lucky enough to spend a couple of weeks there a few years back but didn't get out on a bike. Covered some ground by car and shinkansen zig-zagging back and forth through the mountains in Honshu and would love to go back. The roads are well engineered and must be a joy for biking as long as you don't get too far out in the sticks where we found a few unsealed monstrosities. I still remember spotting an FJ parked outside the Hiroshima railway station with a pink umbrella tied to the seat.

Ned
Ned - Kiwis can fly ... on an FJ