News:

Welcome to FJowners.com

It is the members who make this best place for FJ related content on the internet.

Main Menu

Rode the "Make a wish" poker run today.

Started by 1tinindian, July 09, 2011, 10:48:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

1tinindian

We rode roughly 150 miles for Make a Wish today, and the weather was great.
Me and my buddy with the ZX14 were the only sporty type bikes around, but we had a great time, and the $35 entry fee went to a great cause.
After the ride they put on a dinner, an auction, and live music for us...and ya, my poker hand sucked! LOL!
There was also a raffle for a new HD Sportster, the one with the flames on the trailer.

The pictures are of the 5 different stops along the way, and the large gathering at the end.
Just thought I'd like to share this with you.

Leon

After only completeing roughly have of the ride, another co-worker of ours, riding a 650 Yamaha bobber, started leaking fuel at the bottom seem, and only got worse the longer we rode.
Even with having the tank wrapped with a rag, it really just got to the point where it was pouring out like the petcock was open to the outside, so he had to park it, and continue on riding the rest of the way in a car that was following along with us.

My wife and I don't donate money through out the year that much, and it feels good to know that the time we spend in the sun on our bikes might make some kids days a little brighter with the money raised during this event.

Leon
"I want to be free to ride my machine without being hassled by the "man"!
91 FJ1200

Mark Olson

Mark O.
86 fj1200
sac ca.

" Get off your ass and Ride"

rktmanfj

I did a similar fund raiser (cancer)  with the Legion Riders on Saturday... ended up going off route with a total newb rider who couldn't keep pace.

We got there eventually.  She even got it up to 60 mph on one stretch of rural 4 lane a couple of times briefly.

Six hours of hot, slow, straight flat riding to drink bottled water in smoky lounges.

Next time, though, I think I'll send in a donation and go ride where I want.     :flag_of_truce:

Randy T
Indy