News:

Welcome to FJowners.com

It is the members who make this best place for FJ related content on the internet.

Main Menu

Forum Newbie

Started by miked, July 14, 2011, 02:26:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

miked

G'day all, my names Mike. From Perth in Western Australia.

Finally back on a bike after 15 years. I have picked up my first Yamaha, after a string of other Jap machines in my sillier years.

She is a 1988 FJ1200 with a gazillion klm's on the clock. I'm looking forward to restoring it to its former glory, and getting back in the saddle again.

A huge thanks to everyone on the board, I have only had the bike a few weeks and the information and knowledge you guys share is absolutely incredible. It has pulled me out of the poo on many occasions already.

All the best and I look forward to sharing my rebuild with you.

Mike

flips

Quote from: miked on July 14, 2011, 02:26:05 AM
G'day all, my names Mike. From Perth in Western Australia.

Finally back on a bike after 15 years. I have picked up my first Yamaha, after a string of other Jap machines in my sillier years.

She is a 1988 FJ1200 with a gazillion klm's on the clock. I'm looking forward to restoring it to its former glory, and getting back in the saddle again.

A huge thanks to everyone on the board, I have only had the bike a few weeks and the information and knowledge you guys share is absolutely incredible. It has pulled me out of the poo on many occasions already.

All the best and I look forward to sharing my rebuild with you.

Mike

Hi mike.
Im only new myself to this site and your right.This site is an awesome resource of info and a great bunch of guys happy to share their knowledge and experience.If only i had known about it sooner! :dash2: .Ive had my 86 fj1200 for about 14yrs and had to figure out things the hard way but its all good. FJ's are worth it!
Welcome,Cheers and ride safe! :drinks:

Jeff P.
Stay rubber side down.

Dan Filetti

Welcome Mike.  I must say, it's refreshing to see that you've already read/ used much of the existing information before even posting!  Excellent.  I for one appreciate the initiative.  I think you'll find that there are a large group of Aussies here as well.

Anyway, welcome here!

Dan
Live hardy, or go home. 

racerman_27410

Welcome to the group Mike!  :hi:

good luck with your restoration mate.

KOokaloo!  :good2:

rktmanfj

Quote from: Dan Filetti on July 14, 2011, 08:46:05 AM
Welcome Mike.  I must say, it's refreshing to see that you've already read/ used much of the existing information before even posting!  Excellent.  I for one appreciate the initiative.  I think you'll find that there are a large group of Aussies here as well.

Anyway, welcome here!

Dan

+1 Dan!

Welcome, Mike!

Randy T
Indy

Travis398

Welcome to the group Mike.

There is plenty of experienced FJ owners here who have restored there bikes, so hopefully this will make your project go a little smother.

:drinks:

When all you have is a hammer, everything looks like a nail.

billwest

G'day Mike,

I'm local - Morley, WA.

Bill.
Sold it!

fj11.5

gday mike, , tassy here , , rod
unless you ride bikes, I mean really ride bikes, then you just won't get it

84 Fj1100  effie , with mods
( 88 ) Fj 1200  fairly standard , + blue spots
84 Fj1100 absolutely stock standard, now more stock , fitted with Fj12 twin system , no rusted headers for this felicity jayne

Dazza57

Gidday Mike, Darryl here from Karratha. Haven't done a long trip (Karratha Perth) for a fair few years and the thought doesn't really appeal. But . . . I'm thinking of trailering the FJ down to Perth in the summer to go enjoy some of the SW roads again.

Welcome to the group, she's worth everything you want to do to her :)
Greatest joke in the world - Two women sitting quietly in a room together, minding their own business :)
Bikes owned
Honda SL125
Suz TS250
Honda XL350
Suz GT550
Yam RD400
Suz TS185
Suz GS550
Suz GS850G
Suz GSX1100
Honda CX500
Honda XLX250R
FJ1200 3CV, current
FJR1300
BMWR1200RT curre

Klavdy

Quote from: Dazza57 on July 23, 2011, 07:03:26 AM
Gidday Mike, Darryl here from Karratha. Haven't done a long trip (Karratha Perth) for a fair few years and the thought doesn't really appeal. But . . . I'm thinking of trailering the FJ down to Perth in the summer to go enjoy some of the SW roads again.

Welcome to the group, she's worth everything you want to do to her :)
Too right you'd want to trailer down from Karratha, it's a horrible drive in an air conditioned car, let alone on a bike in a N.E summer.
I've worked in Port Hedland, Dampier& Karratha, further inland too and it sucks in the heat.
Yeah, go down to the Stirlings, Margaret River.
It's nice.
"This guy has got to go. The single most offensive individual I have experienced on the web.
MALO PERICULOSAM LIBERTATEM QUAM QUIETUM SERVITIUM

i is a professional website designer, I've built over 100's of sites
And yea I actually get paid for it. about 150 and hour.

Dazza57

Yeah, did that years ago, miss it. Used to do the run Karratha Perth all the time for over 2 years. Day, night, summer and winter. Not as much fun these days, too many of the boys in blue  :flag_of_truce: Pity, cause the only way to enjoy the ride was KOokaloo fast  :wacko3:
Greatest joke in the world - Two women sitting quietly in a room together, minding their own business :)
Bikes owned
Honda SL125
Suz TS250
Honda XL350
Suz GT550
Yam RD400
Suz TS185
Suz GS550
Suz GS850G
Suz GSX1100
Honda CX500
Honda XLX250R