News:

This forum is run by RPM and donations from members.

It is the donations of the members that help offset the operating cost of the forum. The secondary benefit of being a contributing member is the ability to save big during RPM Holiday sales. For more information please check out this link: Membership has its privileges 

Thank you for your support of the all mighty FJ.

Main Menu

COLORADO JUNE 2012

Started by Klavdy, July 21, 2011, 04:36:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

rktmanfj

Quote from: zero26tb4u on January 26, 2012, 08:34:06 PM
WOW, just seeing this for the first time. Really need to get on here more often. Had a trip planned to CO for mid march that went to shit. But I'm up for this. So I either need to hook up with a group heading west or we can use my truck which will hold one more FJ in the bed or more with a donated trailer. Whats the plan?

Dan B.

Hey Dan, sure hope you can make it... I'd love to be able to sit by the campfire and recap last fall's NFL predictions!      :bomb:

zero26tb4u

Randy, you actually just made me LOL. Have to feel for Henry though that was a shitty way to go out and I hate the pats. GO GIANTS

rktmanfj

Quote from: zero26tb4u on January 26, 2012, 08:53:56 PM
Randy, you actually just made me LOL. Have to feel for Henry though that was a shitty way to go out and I hate the pats. GO GIANTS

You missed the Ravens avatar I had up for a while, Dan.

I dislike the Ravens, but I really HATE the Pats.

pdxfj

So are the dates set in stone for the CO rally?

I have a friend who wants to attend and the sooner he can put in for the time off the better.  Federal job..

He would be riding up from S. Arizona.

racerrad8

Quote from: pdxfj on January 30, 2012, 05:35:52 PM

I put in my vacation request based on the date Klavdy stated...

Hopefully all the pieces will fall together.

Randy - RPM
Randy - RPM

rktmanfj

Quote from: racerrad8 on January 30, 2012, 06:15:28 PM
Quote from: pdxfj on January 30, 2012, 05:35:52 PM

I put in my vacation request based on the date Klavdy stated...

Hopefully all the pieces will fall together.

Randy - RPM

Sure hope we all end up there at the same time...       :pardon:

simi_ed

OK Paddy, K-man, Marsh & other left-coasters considering the Colorado trip; I'm trying to figure out a timetable to get from Porterville-ish to Colorado.  I've kinda penciled some dates, travel days, etc. **if we're travelling as a group (pack?).**  I'm open to input, this is a 1st draft.

May 31-travel to Porterville
June 1-2 Ride Porterville Rally
June 3 Return home?
June 5-7 Ride to Colorado (from a tbd central location?)
June 8-9 Colorado Rally
June 10-12 return to Kalifornia

Useful comments?
-- RKBA Regards,

Ed
===
Ed Thiele 
Simi Valley, CA -- I no longer have SoCal manners.
'89 FJ12C (Theft deterrent Silver/White)

- All that is necessary for the forces of evil to win in the world is for
enough good men to do nothing.

- Edmund Burke

Klavdy

Looks good mate,couple questions:

Are you riding to Porterville or driving "Big Ed"?

Is Mrs Ed coming with you? (to the rallies)

Reason being, if you drive the Big Ed rig, people can maybe chuck some small,bulky stuff in with you,i.e. spare cold weather clothes, pillows, whatever.
People could throw in for gas money if they want you to cart their shit.

If Mrs Ed isn't coming out to Colorado and you drive, there would be no lack of takers for a seat.
They could chuck in Gas money.
Hell, get a U Haul trailer, result!
"This guy has got to go. The single most offensive individual I have experienced on the web.
MALO PERICULOSAM LIBERTATEM QUAM QUIETUM SERVITIUM

i is a professional website designer, I've built over 100's of sites
And yea I actually get paid for it. about 150 and hour.

simi_ed

As last discussed at home, her plan was to make Porterville, then drive the "Big Ed" home, while I go on to parts east.  To me it rather defeats the purpose of the rally to go all that way riding in comfort ...WTF am I saying here???  I dunno, she has to get home somehow, I can't leave her in Porterville, that would be cruel!  Now you see why I'm asking questions.
-- RKBA Regards,

Ed
===
Ed Thiele 
Simi Valley, CA -- I no longer have SoCal manners.
'89 FJ12C (Theft deterrent Silver/White)

- All that is necessary for the forces of evil to win in the world is for
enough good men to do nothing.

- Edmund Burke

Klavdy

Sweet, Mrs Ed is coming, makes it easier all round.
Means if you cant carry shit to Colorado from Porterville, dont bring shit to Porterville and expect to see it in Colorado.
Or something.

"This guy has got to go. The single most offensive individual I have experienced on the web.
MALO PERICULOSAM LIBERTATEM QUAM QUIETUM SERVITIUM

i is a professional website designer, I've built over 100's of sites
And yea I actually get paid for it. about 150 and hour.

pdxfj

Well, it make no sense for me to ride home after the WCR as it is a two day ride one way.

I don't see any reason why it would be a problem to get into CO a couple of days early, or just take the scenic route and burn up some time.

I'm good with whatever..

FJmonkey

Quote from: Klavdy on January 31, 2012, 06:10:52 AM

Ed, don't you ever get a Red truck!!!! Klavdy will never leave and we won't have time to collect pinecones.
The glass is not half full, it was engineered with a 2X safety factor.

'86 Ambulance - Bent frame, cracked case, due for an overhaul
'89 Stormy Blue - Suits my Dark Side

carey

carey

Ok, in an effort to get this rally moving forward I've done the following.

I do not know who wants to ride what/where in Colorado, so I referred to a book I've owned for some time about Sceneic Rides in the US.  The book is broken down by state/region.  I've highlighted the recommended rides onto the Colorado pages of my atlas and scanned them into a pdf, and attached the pdf to the post right above this post (look up)

Looking over the map, it appears there are several areas with recommended rides.  The SW corner from Durango to Grand Junction seems to have the most recommeneded miles, the North Central area has Estes Park, which promises to be very scenic and the South Central area has the fewest recommended miles, but includes Pike's Peak.

For lodging, Glenwood Springs seems reasonably equidistant to each of the riding areas.  I will be making reservations in this area.  What I need is a head count.

Who's in for sure? (June 4th -10th)

[edit]: Carey, I moved the map out of the Files section and put it right above this post.  Pat