News:

This forum is run by RPM and donations from members.

It is the donations of the members that help offset the operating cost of the forum. The secondary benefit of being a contributing member is the ability to save big during RPM Holiday sales. For more information please check out this link: Membership has its privileges 

Thank you for your support of the all mighty FJ.

Main Menu

2011 Rally Memories

Started by Travis398, August 02, 2011, 06:32:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Travis398

Too many good ones to list them all, But I would like to thank Michael for fixing the grill after the Canadians broke it and.....................Convinced me that my full propane bottle was empty and the regulator went bad  :good:

When all you have is a hammer, everything looks like a nail.

NYFJR13

Hey Travis! What did the campground end up charging you for our area?

Eric N

carsick

A great big thanks to Travis and Bob W. for all the planning (good choice on the perfect weather days), support, fire, wood, beer, red meat, water, EZ-up shelter from the rain, the grill!, and chairs (I got a Kawasaki green rash on my butt, what the hell?) I'll be telling stories until next year.

Thanks also to the new attendees this year, it was a pretty respectable affair until I stripped down at the mountain :pardon:

A11an0n

Awesome Rally!  Thanks Travis for cooking, setting things up, and showing us canadians the awesome roads in Maine. The top of Mount Washington was incredible.  Thanks Bob W. for making arrangements, sweeping, and making sure everyone was safe.  It was great meeting fellow FJers and riding, what an awesome time.

Dan
1986 FJ1200
2007 Yamaha WR250F

1tinindian

Quote from: Travis398 on August 02, 2011, 06:32:25 PM
Too many good ones to list them all, But I would like to thank Michael for fixing the grill after the Canadians broke it and.....................Convinced me that my full propane bottle was empty and the regulator went bad  :good:

Look at all those FJs at an FJ rally...who'd a thunk? LOL!

Great turnout guys, I hope Tellico Plains will be just as good!

Leon
"I want to be free to ride my machine without being hassled by the "man"!
91 FJ1200

mijohnso

I have a new respect for the old FJ's ability to take a beating. I was convinced at numerous occasions that it would fall apart at unreasonable speeds, but it held strong!

The rally was great! Many thanks to Bob and Travis for making reservations and helping with the planning. I felt like a welcome part of the group (even with the age disparity) and I am really excited to go next year.

You guys are all awesome, and I can't wait for the Fall Vermont ride!

Here are some pictures I took... Look closely at the picture of all the bikes lined up...:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/mikeandkindra/6003926620/#in/set-72157627219518273/lightbox/

Travis, I can send you a smaller version of the picture of your bike if you like it.
'86 FJ1200

madtowner

A big thank to you Travis and Bob for putting last weekend together.  I was glad I went and got to ride with the FJs.  Mine has been dug out of the corner and getting it up and running.  Planning on being there next year with the FJ, (as well as both days of riding). 
Grew up in Madawaska, Maine, now living in Mass. 
1993 FJ 1200 I bought new.

rktmanfj

Wow, a lot better FJ attendance then the Boone 'look what I replaced my FJ with' rally... looking good!     :good2:

Dan Filetti

Quote from: rktmanfj on August 03, 2011, 08:28:46 AM

Wow, a lot better FJ attendance then the Boone 'look what I replaced my FJ with' rally... looking good!     :good2:

True, but that fire is a mere match stick compared to the Boone fires.  So, you got that going for you...

Dan
Live hardy, or go home. 

1tinindian

That's what I'm talking about!
"I want to be free to ride my machine without being hassled by the "man"!
91 FJ1200

ddlewis

It looks like a Boone rally from 2003. 

Hey, we're all still FJ'ers at heart!  You oughta be glad we show up or there'd only been about 3 of you die-hards this year.   :biggrin:

(I'll be happy to put an FJ decal and pink stripe on my wannabe-FJ-replacement if it'd make you feel better.)

rktmanfj

Quote from: ddlewis on August 03, 2011, 01:16:02 PM

Wow, a lot better FJ attendance than the Boone 'look what I replaced my FJ with' rally... looking good!     :good2:

It looks like a Boone rally from 2003. 

Hey, we're all still FJ'ers at heart!  You oughta be glad we show up or there'd only been about 3 of you die-hards this year.   :biggrin:

(I'll be happy to put an FJ decal and pink stripe on my wannabe-FJ-replacement if it'd make you feel better.)

Sure you would...        :biggrin:

Your espresso machine ever come in for that thing yet?     :bomb:

RACER111V

Quote from: Dan Filetti on August 03, 2011, 09:17:48 AM

True, but that fire is a mere match stick compared to the Boone fires.  So, you got that going for you...

Dan

Not making excuses,but northern NE,as a lot of the rest of the country, is a forest fire waiting to happen.We were asked to keep things small. The owner of the campground has worked with us to make this happen , so we were more than happy to heed his wishes.

NYFJR13

Here are a couple of my pics

Travis398

Quote from: NYFJR13 on August 02, 2011, 06:49:35 PM
Hey Travis! What did the campground end up charging you for our area?

Eric N

It was close to $60 a night. Thanks to the guys from Canada for helping out with the group site even though they stayed elsewhere.
This helped cover the total cost for the site.

Eric you gave me nearly double what everyone else paid so you probably should be getting a refund, PM me your address.

If anyone else wants their refund, just let me know how many of them $20 cheeseburgers you had and I will let you know the balance  :rofl2:

When all you have is a hammer, everything looks like a nail.