News:

This forum is run by RPM and donations from members.

It is the donations of the members that help offset the operating cost of the forum. The secondary benefit of being a contributing member is the ability to save big during RPM Holiday sales. For more information please check out this link: Membership has its privileges 

Thank you for your support of the all mighty FJ.

Main Menu

AeroStitch suits

Started by StatDoc, August 16, 2011, 06:40:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

StatDoc

Thank you for the input - I'm going to check out alternatives and pull the trigger, likely in the next week or so.  As for heat management, I tend to ride in full leathers so if I can stand a humid 93f day in South Central PA encased in leather I can probably survive it wearing nylon!  I'm looking to AeroStitch because I'm tired of wearing leather and carrying (or forgetting and suffering the consequence) a rain suit - I want one suit to do it all.
As for the cost - considering what it would cost to replace the body work on a cherry '84 FJ1100 plus the deductible from my heath insurance, 800 bucks is a comparative  bargain!

Again - thanks for the input -

StatDoc

SlowOldGuy

I ride in my stich into the 90s. Once it gets above about 95 I go to a mesh jacket with the stitch pants (2 piece). Above 100 I'm wearing mesh everything.

The stitch is the most versatile gear I own. I'll get another when this one is worn out.

DavidR.

ddlewis

Quote from: SlowOldGuy on August 18, 2011, 09:17:51 PM
I ride in my stich into the 90s. Once it gets above about 95 I go to a mesh jacket with the stitch pants (2 piece). Above 100 I'm wearing mesh everything.

The stitch is the most versatile gear I own. I'll get another when this one is worn out.

DavidR.

anything >80F means mesh for me.  In fact all my non-mesh gear has been on hangers since the first of June.  I'd rather wear the heavier more protective stuff but I just can't stand it in this weather.   Looking forward to some cool weather and comfortable riding in my heavier gear.

rktmanfj

Quote from: ddlewis on August 18, 2011, 10:03:54 PM

anything >80F means mesh for me.  In fact all my non-mesh gear has been on hangers since the first of June.  I'd rather wear the heavier more protective stuff but I just can't stand it in this weather.   Looking forward to some cool weather and comfortable riding in my heavier gear.

Wuss!        :biggrin:

mst3kguy

randall, he's from virginia, did you expect anything less?
dean
2014 triumph street triple r
2019 ktm 1290 superduke gt

Bob

Quote from: SlowOldGuy on August 18, 2011, 09:17:51 PM
I ride in my stich into the 90s. ...
You're from Texas, I'm from Canada. 'nuff said  :smile:
Bob N.
'93 FJ
'17 V-Strom DL650
Whitby, ON

ddlewis

Virginia ladies do NOT dig sweaty bikers..

rktmanfj

Quote from: mst3kguy on August 19, 2011, 05:04:43 AM
randall, he's from virginia, did you expect anything less?

Nah, not really... he's gotten soft and gotten a Beemer and everything.

He's even opted for the luxo kabin next month...    :biggrin:

ddlewis

Quote from: rktmanfj on August 19, 2011, 11:40:59 AM
Nah, not really... he's gotten soft and gotten a Beemer and everything.

He's even opted for the luxo kabin next month...    :biggrin:

No doubt that's part of my problem - damn BMW has the fairing from hell.   :diablo:  Zero wind below neck level.

Good news is I don't get wet in the rain.

mst3kguy

so what kind of bikers do you dig, then?

Quote from: ddlewis on August 19, 2011, 08:11:22 AM
Virginia ladies do NOT dig sweaty bikers..
dean
2014 triumph street triple r
2019 ktm 1290 superduke gt

SlowOldGuy

80 degrees AND mesh??? 

I think I'd freeze.  :-)  That's definitely full stich weather.  Or at least a perfed leather jacket with a liner.

DavidR.

S_Fenske

Sorry to pipe in late, but I've only just recently had the chance to "road test" my aerostich. I have been wearing it religiously since I bought it 9 years ago.  I lost traction turning onto a highway from a side street, and went down doing about 15mph on my v-strom.  My suit did what I needed it to do.  I was a little sore from hitting the road, but not a mark on me.  I would have bought another one the next day if needed, but I can hardly tell I went down in it. 
Buy the Aerostich, you won't regret it.

junkyardroad

I hadn't heard of Motoport.  I like the idea.  I very much like the idea of the warmer Aerostich due to the shorter riding season due to the altitude here.  I commute almost 70 miles each way from 5550 to 8000ft.  Usually jeans and a winter coat are doable with exceptions in mid May, often only till mid Sept.  That nice toasty Roadcrafter sounds like an extra 6 weeks to me.

Wish I could blow $1000.

FJ Flyer

Come to an east coast rally and you'll get to see the entire stich Power Ranger contigent in all the colors.  At least you used to.....
Chris P.
'16 FJR1300ES
'87 FJ1200
'76 DT250

Wear your gear.