News:

Welcome to FJowners.com

It is the members who make this best place for FJ related content on the internet.

Main Menu

Back Home from the ECSR

Started by Steve C., May 17, 2009, 07:46:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Steve C.

Had a good but way way to short trip over to the ECSR, spent some hang time with old and new friends and had a great ride Friday morning over to Shady Valley, followed by an OMG where's the road ride back to camp in a downpour of epic (for me) proportions :flag_of_truce:.  Good too see everyone, hopefully I will make a few more days at the ECFR.  Henry, I see an FJR in your future, you and Eric N had a great pace on the bikes over in the Valley.  Eric N, you're amazing dude, 1 hour sleep and you rode for 6 hours the next day and didn't fall asleep :good:
Steve C.
'17 KTM Super Duke GT
'16 Triumph Thruxton R
'14 Honda VFR800FD Interceptor
'08 Ducati HyperMotard
'08 Suzuki GSX-R 750 Track Only
'91 Yamaha FJ 1349
'79 Triumph 750 T140E
'72 Norton 750 Commando Combat
'72 Suzuki TM250J
(Yes, They All Run!!!!)

rktmanfj

Back home safe Sunday 1800 EDT        :good:

Randy T
Indy

gearheadstu

Did the interslab scuba all the way home. Yay, fun.

Great times as always!
Stu

Yamifj1200

Whatchugot TRoy??? :lol:

Home safe and sound,,,, thanks to all who make it great...

:yahoo:

Eric

http://www.fjowners.com/index.php?topic=14833.0

"All unattended children will be served an espresso and given a puppy"

rktmanfj

Quote from: Yamifj1200 on May 17, 2009, 09:39:58 PM
Whatchugot TRoy??? :lol:

Home safe and sound,,,, thanks to all who make it great...

:yahoo:

Eric

Just another 'instant classic' missed by those who didn't attend...      :rofl2:

Randy T
Indy

racerman_27410

Even with the rain it was still an instant classic rally..... whachugot??????????????

KOokaloo!  (but be carefull whachu wish for )

Smola67

Whatchoogot!!!!!!!!!!!! :wacko1:

Well I had a blast. New and old roads as well as new and old friends. Nothing like a hand rolled fresh egg roll for lunch in the middle of the mountains.  :good:

CodyNKR

We got home this morning at 3am.....that's right 3am. Seems Jeff took the scenic route to Tellico and then on down to Atlanta. He said the town in GA, the first one, I think is Ducktown, they routed him differently and then he got kind of lost and wandered around roads for awhile. Anyway, he didn't get to me until 6:15 last night. By the time the bike was on the trailer and we were on our way it was 7:20.  He was making noises about finding a hotel and I just kept driving.  I was done at the show by 4 and out of there by 4:30, so I had to wait for Jeff to get to me.

I had help getting the trailer hooked up yesterday at the show grounds, little problem with the trailer jack being bent. Then I had to be pulled out of the show grounds, GA red clay and rain and my dually just doesn't mix. But I wasn't the only one being pulled out, ALL the horse trailers had to be pulled out. Not a fun show weekend for me that's for sure.

The bikes are still on the trailer and it's still hooked up, as soon as the rain lets up some, I'm going out to see if I can get it unhooked so I can go over and pick up my horse from "camp" and bring him home. Heck I ride him rain or shine.

I'm sorry my rally got cut show and that I missed seeing some of  ya'll. Jeff said he had a good time. I enjoyed my Wednesday right over to Shady Valley following NancyG. Also my Tuesday afternoon riding following TRoy up the BRP to Little Switzerland.

Trust me SteveC, THERE WILL BE TRAILERING CHANGES AROUND HERE!!!! You know the term "momma isn't happy".....well momma definitely was not happy.

See ya'll in Tellico!

NancyK

CodyNKR

Quote from: Smola67 on May 18, 2009, 10:14:27 AM

Well I had a blast. New and old roads as well as new and old friends. Nothing like a hand rolled fresh egg roll for lunch in the middle of the mountains.  :good:

Yes and you just HAD TO LET my Jeff ride your VFR didn't you! That's all he could talk about for almost 200 miles last night. :)

It's all good!
nancyk

gdfj12

Kris & I made it home safe & sound last night, 630+ mi. & 12.5 hrs on the road. Wheeeew!!!! Was well worth all that driving though. Had a blast & enjoyed seeing everyone again.

Mr. Hoffman, please be carefull what you ask for. ;^) & heal well.

George & Kris Denison
'89 FJ1200
George D
'89 FJ1250 ~'90-black/blue
'87 FJ1250 ~streetfighter project
'89 FJ1200 ~white/silver, resto project
'88 Honda Hawk GT, resto project

Smola67

Quote from: CodyNKR on May 18, 2009, 10:22:59 AM
Quote from: Smola67 on May 18, 2009, 10:14:27 AM

Yes and you just HAD TO LET my Jeff ride your VFR didn't you! That's all he could talk about for almost 200 miles last night. :)

It's all good!
nancyk

So happy I was able to make his day.  :biggrin:

rvnmaniac

Henry, I see an FJR in your future, you and Eric N had a great pace on the bikes over in the Valley.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Yeah riding Dean's FJR Fri was a blast. I can see myself in one of those lil things  :sarcastic:
"GO RAVENS"

ddlewis

Quote from: rvnmaniac on May 19, 2009, 06:25:54 AM
Henry, I see an FJR in your future, you and Eric N had a great pace on the bikes over in the Valley.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Yeah riding Dean's FJR Fri was a blast. I can see myself in one of those lil things  :sarcastic:

Henry you were riding Deans FJR like you had been on it for years.  Made it looks so fun now I want one :)

As for the rally.. good thing I like hanging out w/ you guys so much cuz the weather sucked.  I rode down in there the dark and rain.  rode around in the mountains in the rain for 2 days.  slept in a cabin under a dripping ceiling.  and rode home 6hours in the pouring ass rain.  I spent more time in my rain suit in four days than in the last 4 years.

But I'd do it again, rain or no.  Good to see all of you guys as always, and we did get a couple good hours of riding Friday.

ddlewis

Quote from: ddlewis on April 28, 2009, 10:24:39 AM
I have a couple buddies coming with me this year.  No R1's! an older VFR and an ST13.  They are renting a travel trailer somewhere at the KOA.  One of these two guys has the potential to take over the title of most talked about rally visitor from "The Beer Scientist"..

My apologies to all that were insulted, offended or otherwise appalled..   :flag_of_truce:  :pardon:  :rofl2:

Marsh White

Quote from: ddlewis on May 19, 2009, 10:17:45 AM
Quote from: ddlewis on April 28, 2009, 10:24:39 AM
I have a couple buddies coming with me this year.  No R1's! an older VFR and an ST13.  They are renting a travel trailer somewhere at the KOA.  One of these two guys has the potential to take over the title of most talked about rally visitor from "The Beer Scientist"..

My apologies to all that were insulted, offended or otherwise appalled..   :flag_of_truce:  :pardon:  :rofl2:

What?  Are they gay?