News:

This forum is run by RPM and donations from members.

It is the donations of the members that help offset the operating cost of the forum. The secondary benefit of being a contributing member is the ability to save big during RPM Holiday sales. For more information please check out this link: Membership has its privileges 

Thank you for your support of the all mighty FJ.

Main Menu

Need help diagnosing strange electrical problem

Started by cyclenutk75, August 25, 2011, 10:28:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

rktmanfj

Quote from: cyclenutk75 on August 25, 2011, 03:50:27 PM
However, I find myself hoping that I never meet in person anybody that read this thread.

I have another question.  What's the best way out of an embarrassing situation like this?

Aw hell, don't be like that... I admitted to it, too.

It's not like you sat down on a brand-new coffee maker, or got shot in the face with a bottle rocket after saying "Watchoogot?", or let a (single) (tiny) wasp run you out of your kabin.

Come on out to a rally!

cyclenutk75

I'll do that.  And I'll introduce myself as the guy with the 89 that starts by turning the bars full right.  Might as well get it out, cause after a few brews it's gonna happen anyway.  How bout that Mid West Rally?  I threw an offer out and haven't heard back from anybody - not even the guy who started the thread.
Simplicity of character is the natural result of profound thought.

rktmanfj

Quote from: cyclenutk75 on August 26, 2011, 08:07:42 AM
I'll do that.  And I'll introduce myself as the guy with the 89 that starts by turning the bars full right.  Might as well get it out, cause after a few brews it's gonna happen anyway.  How bout that Mid West Rally?  I threw an offer out and haven't heard back from anybody - not even the guy who started the thread.

The Fall FJ Rally is coming right up in Sept, so several of us are headed down there...

SE Ohio, the triple-nickel, etc. are definitely on my personal do-list, though

Yours is a very generous offer, I just wonder if there is enough time to put a ride together yet this season and get significant participation.    :good:

cyclenutk75

What are you doing this weekend? Two are one more than the "group" I usually ride with. I'll meet you in Zanesville - straight across I70.  I got my atlas out to check out the location of the fall rally. Not sure if the dates are good for me, but if so, I have kin in Knoxville that I could visit on the way.  Would be cool if I can swing it.
Simplicity of character is the natural result of profound thought.

rktmanfj

Quote from: cyclenutk75 on August 26, 2011, 05:32:30 PM
What are you doing this weekend? Two are one more than the "group" I usually ride with. I'll meet you in Zanesville - straight across I70.  I got my atlas out to check out the location of the fall rally. Not sure if the dates are good for me, but if so, I have kin in Knoxville that I could visit on the way.  Would be cool if I can swing it.

Getting stuff done here to get ready to Tellico... avoiding MotoGP traffic, and of course next weekend is booked, too.    :pardon:

nvmike24

OK, DAMHIKIJKOK is not on my list of Acronyms, Help an old guy out please.
Mike Sweeney
83 CB1000C, SOLD
84 FJ1100, in little pieces, for powder coating, FZR1000 Front
Fork Mod and Trans repair!
12 Road Glide Ultra

FJ111200

Quote from: nvmike24 on August 29, 2011, 12:36:33 AM
OK, DAMHIKIJKOK is not on my list of Acronyms, Help an old guy out please.

Don't Ask Me How I Know, I Just Know, OK.