News:

Enjoy your FJ

Main Menu

RPM Parts Update

Started by racerrad8, September 09, 2011, 08:08:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FJscott

Any update on the integrated stop/turn/ LED tail light?

racerrad8

Quote from: FJscott on September 09, 2013, 05:49:14 AM
Any update on the integrated stop/turn/ LED tail light?

I received the prototype unit for final approval about three weeks ago and signed off on it. The production date was 3-4 weeks so they should be done pretty soon and then the have to be shipping to the US.

Randy - RPM
Randy - RPM

racerrad8

Randy - RPM

aviationfred

Quote from: racerrad8 on September 09, 2013, 06:10:02 PM
Look what showed up on UPS this afternoon. :good2:

RPM LED Smoke Brake Light with Integrated Turn Signal Function

Randy - RPM

I will be ordering one shortly for the black 87'.

Fred
I'm not the fastest FJ rider, I am 'half-fast', the fastest slow guy....

Current
2008 VFR800 RC46 Vtec
1996 VFR750 RC36/2
1990 FJ1300 (1297cc) Casper
1990 VFR750 RC36/1 Minnie
1989 FJ1200 Lazarus, the Streetfighter Project
1985 VF500F RC31 Interceptor

FJscott

Mattman

past motorcycles, 26, too many to list!

racerrad8

Well, 2014 is starting off with a bang. Because of you guys and your continued support I was able to get into the next pricing bracket level which allows my to buy parts cheaper from Yamaha power engine division.

I just received my first Yamaha order of the year and of the 41 part numbers ordered, I was able to lower the online sale price of 37 of them. Three other prices stayed the same and only on went up.

I am waiting on the boat to arrive which is supposed to be sometime in February and hopefully it will be clear of customs upon my return from Australia. I know I am out of slave cylinders and I have over 100 on the next order in both black & silver.

Also, hopefully the final version of the header pipe arrived today for the new RPM exhaust system. I will be able to start the test fit tonight after the close of the business day, I have my fingers crossed this is the last one and I will be happy. If I am I will be on the phone tomorrow with the manufacture getting them into production and ready for the spring riding season.

On a tough week note, as many of the local guys as well as the guys I have met at the rallies have also met our dog, River. Well Monday afternoon he followed my dad across the street without his knowledge. He was struck by a car, which fortunately was not traveling very fast. He has a couple of small fractures of the pelvis along with a dislocated rear, right hip. The hip was reinserted and he is home convalescing. He is expected to make an excellent recovery based on his age & fitness and he is already up & walking better than anyone expected. But man, that was a tough call home to my wife and many tears were shed; we were very fortunate.

Guys, thank you again for all of your continued support of me and RPM, it is because of you guys supporting me, I can continue to support you.

The addition of the RPM store on eBay should also help boost sales and then hopefully we can get to the top tier pricing structure that most large conglomerate online sellers buy. That way I can be more competitive with that market and you will still receive the great service of knowing that if you buy the part from RPM, it is in stock and will be shipped in one business day. This unlike most online Yamaha online vendors who order the parts from Yamaha when you place the order with them.

The RPM eBay store will continue to expand & grow just like the RPM website.
http://stores.ebay.com/raduechelperformancemotorsports/

Thank you all again and hope to see as many of you as possible this year.

Randy - RPM
Randy - RPM

Alf

We´re fortunate having Randy that help us to maintain our loved & cared FJs

And I´m fortunate to that there are no other guy like Randy with a CBX 750 business because it would suppose me going to bankruptcy  :lol:

Cheers

FJscott

Randy,
Hope river makes a full and speedy recovery. Thanks for all you do for the FJ brotherhood.

I got home from Alaska Saturday to find a big box of goodies from RPM. Just installed the bar risers, uni pods, spin on filter and clutch slave. 

Scott

TexasDave

Good to hear River is going to recover. Hope everything is going good for you. Dave
A pistol is like a parachute, if you need one and don't have one you will never need one again.

Mike 86 in San Dimas

In a sense River is one lucky dog! He survived the accident and he is not my dog. Glad to hear RPM is doing well too.
Mike

andyoutandabout

life without a bike is just life

BikeryJeff

Hey Randy,
Sometimes your dog getting run over isn't a bad thing. Four years ago I had saved up about ten grand to replace my sold 1980 XS Special. Growing up a Yamaha kid from a JT1 60 ...DT1 250...IT200 and so on etc.
I was gonna make a big move! An FJR I thought. Well that all changed on a Sunday night. I had just picked Farley, he was a rescue from the wifey's girlfriend. A Rottie mix. She couldn't handle him. He was super hyper running around like a nut. Well one fateful night he snuck under the garage door ran out into the street and whamo! Some high school kid runs him over from head to tail right in front of me. I immediately run over and the kid takes off. I pick up my dog Farley and his rear leg is crushed and paw torn off. I rushed him over to the 24hr Vet hospital. I'm sitting in the waiting room the doctor comes out and says  " We have him stabilized but his leg is in bad shape". That's when I said fix him up doc I don't care what it costs. Well to make a long story short about $8500 later my boy Farley is ok. . With only two grand left in my pocket I start scanning craigslist and there it was! A 1988 (yes Canadian) FJ with 17000 miles. asking price $1800.00  She had been repainted not a good sign I thought. The guy hadn't used  it in years. We get her to turnover and she coughed to life. Well I took a chance brought her home. Turned out to be the best deal I ever made.  I love my FJ now with 27000 miles and just broken in. Besides Farley's one leg being a little shorter then the other he still manages to kick me in the balls at least twice a week. He needs to live about 30 more years for me to break even.  I also just fixed up an old 1968 Larson All American boat. I threw on a Yamaha outboard of course!  My boat's name. FARLEYS PAW. My best to River on a speedy recovery.

yamaha fj rider

Sorry to hear about River, glad he will be ok. Hope you and the of your family are well.

Kurt
93 FJ1200
FJ 09
YZ250X I still love 2 strokes
Tenere 700
FJR1300ES

racerrad8

Well, Yamaha continues to discontinue FJ parts left & right as well as raise the pricing on other things.

The biggest change so far that has shocked me, is carbs. They have more than doubled the cost and the list price has gone from $600.00 to $1227.45.

So, I was able to afford to buy eight sets at the old price before the new price went into effect on February 1st.

I am going to hold the price of these last sets and when they are gone, carbs will be a special order only item. So, this is the last eight sets of new carbs you can buy for under $500.00.

They are only available as fuel pump version carbs but can be converted to gravity feed using parts from the original gravity carbs. (see product description for details)

New Mikuni Carburetor Assembly

Randy - RPM
Randy - RPM