News:

Enjoy your FJ

Main Menu

RPM Parts Update

Started by racerrad8, September 09, 2011, 08:08:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dan Filetti

Quote from: racerrad8 on August 01, 2014, 05:12:00 PM
Alright, the final test fitting is done on all models of the FJ and it is now listed on the RPM website for sale; RPM S/S Exhaust System

The weights for all options are listed as well.

I am awaiting the arrival of the shipping boxes and they are supposed to be here Monday or Tuesday. Once the boxes are here they will be shipping.

Thank you again for your continued support and I am looking forward to bring more & more options to the market for the FJ.

Randy - RPM

Congratulations Randy. 

I hope you sell a shit load of 'em.

Dan
Live hardy, or go home. 

ribbert

Looks good Randy.

Will it be possible to buy the system without the can for we international buyers and if so, when will you have freight costs calculated?

Noel
"Tell a wise man something he doesn't know and he'll thank you, tell a fool something he doesn't know and he'll abuse you"

Mike 86 in San Dimas

I assume photo # 2 on the web site is the muffler that comes with base system. Is there an appreciable difference of the loudness between the SS and the carbon fiber? The CB would be my choice, if I were go the extra cost. Which is the least loud? I figure they all are "loud" as compared to stock. I fear the lure of this goody is more than I can resist. Generally speaking is re-jetting carbs and or other tweaking required to make this work well on an otherwise stock engine? Guess I'm asking can you recommend changes based on circumstances; say for instance, LA county So. Cal., California edition 86, with Unipods. I'm not a shade tree mechanic, more of dark of night with blindfold type. With instruction, I can get by most of the time.

aviationfred

Quote from: Mike 86 in San Dimas on August 03, 2014, 09:05:57 PM
I assume photo # 2 on the web site is the muffler that comes with base system. Is there an appreciable difference of the loudness between the SS and the carbon fiber? The CB would be my choice, if I were go the extra cost. Which is the least loud? I figure they all are "loud" as compared to stock. I fear the lure of this goody is more than I can resist. Generally speaking is re-jetting carbs and or other tweaking required to make this work well on an otherwise stock engine? Guess I'm asking can you recommend changes based on circumstances; say for instance, LA county So. Cal., California edition 86, with Unipods. I'm not a shade tree mechanic, more of dark of night with blindfold type. With instruction, I can get by most of the time.

Here is a video Randy posted of the Carbon Fiber muffler. Sounds mellow and should be relatively quiet in traffic. I am sure that above 5000 rpm it has a healthy sound.

http://s1215.photobucket.com/albums/cc517/racerrad8/?action=view&current=025_zps8abea39c.mp4

Fred
I'm not the fastest FJ rider, I am 'half-fast', the fastest slow guy....

Current
2008 VFR800 RC46 Vtec
1996 VFR750 RC36/2
1990 FJ1300 (1297cc) Casper
1990 VFR750 RC36/1 Minnie
1989 FJ1200 Lazarus, the Streetfighter Project
1985 VF500F RC31 Interceptor

FJmonkey

Bastard!! Just teas us till we give in... That is so sweet... I love sound... I don't even have the RPM shock yet.. The pain...
The glass is not half full, it was engineered with a 2X safety factor.

'86 Ambulance - Bent frame, cracked case, due for an overhaul
'89 Stormy Blue - Suits my Dark Side

Pat Conlon

Well, so much for retirement.....I gotta find a job....
1) Free Owners Manual download: https://tinyurl.com/fmsz7hk9
2) Don't store your FJ with E10 fuel https://tinyurl.com/3cjrfct5
3) Replace your old stock rubber brake lines.
4) Important items for the '84-87 FJ's:
Safety wire: https://tinyurl.com/99zp8ufh
Fuel line: https://tinyurl.com/bdff9bf3

racerrad8

There are a several new items that have hit the shelves here at RPM over the last few weeks.

There are now oversize valves for the performance improvement of your cylinder head on the shelf;
Oversize Intake Valve
Oversize Exhaust Valve

I have added replacement fork tubes to stock; Replacement Fork Tube

By multiple requests I now have the Barnett Kevlar clutch friction kit; Barnett Kevlar Friction Clutch Pack

I know have a main jet needle that has the most common jetting change applied to the circuit; RPM Main Jet Needle
The shimming of the needle by .50mm/.020" which is half of all other clip notch adjustment of the other aftermarket brands. So, no shimming required with the RPM needle, just drop the clip.

The exhaust has already been talked about, but here it is again; RPM S/S Exhaust System

Replacement 86+ fiberglass chins fairings are on order and should be here in the next week or two.

Plus, many more small things that I cant seem to recall at this time. If you don't see something you are looking for listed on the website, please let me now. I might have it sitting here or if not, I can probably get what you need.

Thank you again for your continued support and I will continues to offer as many parts as I can as well as my constant development of items specifically for the FJ platform

Randy - RPM
Randy - RPM

racerrad8

It has been a busy summer at RPM and I finally had to force myself to sit down and get more of the parts I have ordered on the shelf and added to the website. I made a small dent this afternoon and there will be more updates as the weather turns to fall, the riding season slows and there is more "computer" time available, although spring is right around the corner in Australia...

I have added several Hi-Flo filters to stock at the request of many. I am closing out the current Fram CH6006 Oil Filters and the Hi-Flo's will then be added.

For those still using the FJ air box I have added the Hi-Flo air box filter element.

At the request of the larger diameter Hi-Flo oil filter for the RPM spin on filter conversion, I now have the Hi-Flo HF-202 spin on filter in stock. The diameter is 78mm compared to the 65mm of the Hi-Flo HF-303 spin on filter

I have added the following tools to inventory,

A Brake Caliper Piston Press. This allows the pistons to be pushed back in without having to remove the caliper.

The FJ/XJR Clutch Boss Holding Tool. This is a multipurpose tool that is used to hold the clutch boss hub, but can also be used to hold sprockets and gears with the pins on the backside of the tool.

Based on requests I added the following factory Yamaha parts,

Side Stand Switch 86-90
Side Stand Switch 91-93
Yamaha Oil Cooler Grommet
Yamaha Oil Cooler Collar/Washer
89-93 Fuel Pipe

And for all of us that have converted over to the 17" Suzuki GSXR rear wheel & caliper, I now have the EBC H/P Organic Brake Pads in stock. I can special order the HH pads if required, just send me an email.
EBC H/P Organic Brake Pads

The 86-93 fiberglass chin fairings did arrive and I will have them listed by the end of the week.

The exhaust has gotten rave reviews from those who have purchased and they are extremely happy with all aspects of the system, from the weight savings, to the quality and best of all the sound.

Remember, the holidays are right around the corner, so if you need to give ides to those who are buying for you, a RPM Gift Certificate is a great items to get. I have been asked about layaway this year too and I would recommend purchasing RPM Gift Certificate as a means of lay-away for any item.

Also remember, if you do not find something on my website, send me an email and I will tell you if I can get it or not. As always, every single part listed on the RPM website is in stock and ready to ship.

Thank you all for the ongoing support which allows me to bring you more and more items, products and service for the beloved FJ.

Randy - RPM
Randy - RPM

racerrad8

A whole bunch of items have been added to the website over the last few days, from parts to tools to kits.

I have been asked many times about being able to just buy a clutch friction kit so each one would not have to be purchased individually. So, I have assembled two clutch kits, the RPM kit which eliminates the rear cushion spring and uses a full size friction disc and the O.E. factory friction package. Both of these kits include a free clutch cover gasket with purchase.

RPM Yamaha Clutch Pack
Yamaha OEM Clutch Pack
T-Handle, Ball-End Set
Steering Stem Bearing Installer
86-87 Swing Arm Seal
84-93 Speedo Cable Loop
84-93 Damper Strip
FJ Master Cylinder Bolt Plug (Plastic)
84-93 Yamaha FJ Battery Strap
89-93 Fuel Petcock Gasket
89-93 Yamaha FJ Alternator Brush Holder Assembly
FJ/XJ/FJR/XJR Camshaft Gear Bolt
84-90 Yamaha FJ Lower Shock Bushing
89-93 Yamaha FJ Undertank Fuel Filter Bracket
86-93 Clutch Reservoir Diaphragm
86-93 Yamaha FJ Choke Cable and Reserve Switch Cover
High Performance Muffler Packing Kit
Liquid Filled Air Gauge 0-60

Christmas is only 43 days away, now is when your family & friends are looking for ideas for you. Send them the RPM Gift Certificate link for the perfect present for you.

Thank you for the continued support, Randy - RPM
Randy - RPM

FJmonkey

The T-handled tool kit makes working on the bike easier. I used it this last two weeks at the RPM shop to drop my engine for some needed repairs. It provides a longer reach, the T-handle allows good leverage for torque (on and off) as well as an easy way to spin on/off the bolt once it is lose. The image is not up yet but the storage rack was nice as well. And as usual Randy and his sons were good hosts making my visit to the FJ Mecca a good experience. I so happy to be driving distance to Randy and all his FJ goodies....  :good2:

Pat Conlon

Hey Randy, I couldn't find the chin fairing...do you have a link?  How's the dyno coming?
1) Free Owners Manual download: https://tinyurl.com/fmsz7hk9
2) Don't store your FJ with E10 fuel https://tinyurl.com/3cjrfct5
3) Replace your old stock rubber brake lines.
4) Important items for the '84-87 FJ's:
Safety wire: https://tinyurl.com/99zp8ufh
Fuel line: https://tinyurl.com/bdff9bf3

racerrad8

Quote from: Pat Conlon on November 13, 2014, 12:16:46 PM
Hey Randy, I couldn't find the chin fairing...do you have a link?  How's the dyno coming?

The chin fairings are here, I just want to fit one up before putting it on the website.

Dyno is on the stove, just on a back burner as I am still trying to source out the required funds/financing for the business purchase I am trying to buy; http://www.fjowners.com/index.php?topic=11898.0

Randy - RPM
Randy - RPM

racerrad8

The list of great products offered here at RPM is continuing to grow here are a few more parts added today

86-87 Left Hand OEM Mirror

And for everyone who has already upgraded to the FJ11-12/XJ12/XJR13 S/S Screw & O-Ring Carburetor Kit here is a kit to replace all the necessary O-rings for your next carburetor rebuild FJ11-12/XJ12/XJR13 O-Ring Carburetor Kit

Robert - RPM
Randy - RPM

Mike 86 in San Dimas

Quote from: FJmonkey on November 12, 2014, 04:32:21 PM
And as usual Randy and his sons were good hosts making my visit to the FJ Mecca a good experience. I so happy to be driving distance to Randy and all his FJ goodies....  :good2:
Don't ever go up there again without checking with me first!

FJmonkey

Quote from: Mike 86 in San Dimas on November 19, 2014, 09:42:36 PM
Quote from: FJmonkey on November 12, 2014, 04:32:21 PM
And as usual Randy and his sons were good hosts making my visit to the FJ Mecca a good experience. I so happy to be driving distance to Randy and all his FJ goodies....  :good2:
Don't ever go up there again without checking with me first!

Okay Mike, I will clear my next flight to RPM with you (San Dimas Flight control) before I go.  :empathy3: