News:

This forum is run by RPM and donations from members.

It is the donations of the members that help offset the operating cost of the forum. The secondary benefit of being a contributing member is the ability to save big during RPM Holiday sales. For more information please check out this link: Membership has its privileges 

Thank you for your support of the all mighty FJ.

Main Menu

RPM Parts Update

Started by racerrad8, September 09, 2011, 08:08:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

racerrad8

GARMIN

Randy - RPM

racerrad8

RPM is now an authorized GARMIN dealer. Keep your eyes out for the new products that should be hitting the website in the next week or so.

GARMIN has a very strict "MAP" (minimum advertised price) policy. This means, no one is allowed to advertise online or in any publication a price cheaper then the manufacture set MAP.

So, that means I also cant offer FJowners.com contributing members a deal if they email me.

So, for instance the GARMIN 590LM has a MAP of $899.99, not matter where you look online. If you find someone advertising for under the MAP pricing they will be suspended as a dealer.

So, if you are a FJowners.com contributing member and need any GARMIN products or accessories, please let me know and I will get you taken care of.

Thank you, Randy - RPM
Randy - RPM

racerrad8

A few new items available from RPM.

I have added the Ride-On LED tire caps. When you purchase the caps you receive a one year roadside assistance policy in the U.S., Canada, and Puerto Rico
Ride On LED Smart Tire Valve Cap

Since Electrosport has not been able to supply their replacement regulator for more than a year, I have sourced a replacement regulator from Rick's Motorsports Electric. Voltage Regulator

The Center Stand Rubber Bump Stop has been added to stock.

I also have kickstand springs on the way and the will be on the shelf shortly.

I have added the Yamaha Rubber Handle Bar Grip Set for those who are not keen on the foam grips.

Thank you, Randy - RPM

Randy - RPM

FJ1200W

Quote from: racerrad8 on August 02, 2015, 03:48:43 PM
A few new items available from RPM.

I have added the Yamaha Rubber Handle Bar Grip Set for those who are not keen on the foam grips.

Thank you, Randy - RPM

http://www.fjowners.com/index.php?topic=14004.msg141484#msg141484

You are welcome!
Steve
Columbia, Missouri
USA

racerrad8

Randy - RPM

FJ1200W

Quote from: racerrad8 on August 03, 2015, 12:59:20 PM
Quote from: FJ1200W on August 03, 2015, 09:12:21 AM
You are welcome!

:scratch_one-s_head:

Randy - RPM

I had asked before if anyone knew if these would fit our bikes, no one was able to advise on if they would or would not.

Finally, I get the chance to install them, post the findings here - and a short time later, you are offering them for sale!

Ironic timing on your part, probably just a coincidence  :rofl2:

I give credit where credit is due - and as soon as I have the money, I hope to buy one of your exhausts.

Be nice to see some dyno results.....
Steve
Columbia, Missouri
USA

racerrad8

Quote from: FJ1200W on August 03, 2015, 02:11:46 PM
I had asked before if anyone knew if these would fit our bikes, no one was able to advise on if they would or would not.

Finally, I get the chance to install them, post the findings here - and a short time later, you are offering them for sale!

Ironic timing on your part, probably just a coincidence  :rofl2:

I give credit where credit is due - and as soon as I have the money, I hope to buy one of your exhausts.

Be nice to see some dyno results.....

Well, I guess you get the credit then for determining they worked.

I was contacted by another forum member and asked to order them, so I wasn't aware of where the part numbers came from. But, just like 99% of all of the Yamaha parts available I usually don't order just one, I order more I add them to stock so they are available.

Hopefully sooner than later there will be dyno closer to me than several hours away and wont cost me an arm & leg to use.

Randy - RPM
Randy - RPM

Pat Conlon

Quote from: racerrad8 on August 03, 2015, 03:35:30 PM

Hopefully sooner than later there will be dyno closer to me than several hours away and wont cost me an arm & leg to use....

Hopefully you will have a dyno in your shop, but it will still cost you an arm & leg, and your first born.

Speaking of which, please say hello to Robert. I hope he has healed well. What a good kid :good:
1) Free Owners Manual download: https://tinyurl.com/fmsz7hk9
2) Don't store your FJ with E10 fuel https://tinyurl.com/3cjrfct5
3) Replace your old stock rubber brake lines.
4) Important items for the '84-87 FJ's:
Safety wire: https://tinyurl.com/99zp8ufh
Fuel line: https://tinyurl.com/bdff9bf3

racerrad8

Quote from: racerrad8 on August 02, 2015, 03:48:43 PM
I also have kickstand springs on the way and the will be on the shelf shortly.

Side stand springs arrived today.

Side Stand Spring

Randy - RPM
Randy - RPM

racerrad8

Quote from: Pat Conlon on August 03, 2015, 04:16:11 PM
Hopefully you will have a dyno in your shop, but it will still cost you an arm & leg, and your first born.

Speaking of which, please say hello to Robert. I hope he has healed well. What a good kid :good:

Well, if it is going to cost the first born...Robert is gone...

All kidding aside, he is all healed and we have had a ride, it just going to take some time to get back in to the swing of it.

Thanks Pat.

Randy - RPM
Randy - RPM

racerrad8

Alright, what we are currently offering from Garmin can be seen by clicking the red Garmin link. There are some accessories such as additional charging cables and mounts that have not been added yet. If there is something you do not see that Garmin offers that you would like to have please shoot us an email or a phone call and we will be glad to check it out and see what we can do.

Robert - RPM
Randy - RPM

racerrad8

Sena Has now been added to the RPM website. The accessories like spare batteries and mounts etc are not on there yet but I can get them for you as well. All the Sena items can be found here or by looking in the accessories tab or by typing Sena  into the search field on our website.

Also after special ordering a few of these Oil Filter Drain Funnel for those of you who have the RPM Spin On Oil Filter Adapter they are now in stock in our current inventory.

Robert - RPM
Randy - RPM

giantkiller

Quote from: racerrad8 on August 20, 2015, 04:49:39 PM
Sena Has now been added to the RPM website. The accessories like spare batteries and mounts etc are not on there yet but I can get them for you as well. All the Sena items can be found here or by looking in the accessories tab or by typing Sena  into the search field on our website.

Also after special ordering a few of these Oil Filter Drain Funnel for those of you who have the RPM Spin On Oil Filter Adapter they are now in stock in our current inventory.

Robert - RPM
Been thinking about getting a sena 10c for a while. Saw Randy is now selling them. So I pulled the trigger. And ordered one. Can't wait. Says it'll pair up with any other brand. So I will be able to use it with my brother (the one with the FJR) now have to get my other brother to get one. And talk my other rideing buddys into getting them. Looks like they do everything. Including built in action cam.
86 fj1350r
86 fj1380t turbo drag toy (soon)
87 fj1200 865 miles crashed for parts
89 fj1200 touring 2up
87 fzr1000 crashed
87 fzr750r Human Race teams world endurance champion
93 fzr600 Vance n hines ltd for sale
Custom chopper I built
Mini chopper I built for my daughter just like the big 1

FJmonkey

Quote from: giantkiller on August 20, 2015, 05:42:38 PM
Been thinking about getting a sena 10c for a while. Saw Randy is now selling them. So I pulled the trigger. And ordered one. Can't wait. Says it'll pair up with any other brand. So I will be able to use it with my brother (the one with the FJR) now have to get my other brother to get one. And talk my other rideing buddys into getting them. Looks like they do everything. Including built in action cam.

Dan, I got my Sena 10 from Randy years ago when he had them on sale. It has worked very well with my phone, and GPS. It may have issues when paired to a Sena 20. During the Colevill rally one of guys had a 20 and when tapped into the conversation we would get an annoying sound like something was playing drums in the mic. The next firmware upgrade for either will likely fix it. Sena is really good about keeping their product up to date. Upgrading the firmware can be a little tricky, during the connection process you have to turn it off after it turned on. Not intuitive. 
The glass is not half full, it was engineered with a 2X safety factor.

'86 Ambulance - Bent frame, cracked case, due for an overhaul
'89 Stormy Blue - Suits my Dark Side

giantkiller

Yah Monkey. The 10c just came out in early June. It's basically a 20s with a built in action cam.
86 fj1350r
86 fj1380t turbo drag toy (soon)
87 fj1200 865 miles crashed for parts
89 fj1200 touring 2up
87 fzr1000 crashed
87 fzr750r Human Race teams world endurance champion
93 fzr600 Vance n hines ltd for sale
Custom chopper I built
Mini chopper I built for my daughter just like the big 1