News:

This forum is run by RPM and donations from members.

It is the donations of the members that help offset the operating cost of the forum. The secondary benefit of being a contributing member is the ability to save big during RPM Holiday sales. For more information please check out this link: Membership has its privileges 

Thank you for your support of the all mighty FJ.

Main Menu

RPM Parts Update

Started by racerrad8, September 09, 2011, 08:08:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

racerrad8

RPM is now a proud Spiegler dealer. Keep an eye out for Spiegler products being added to our inventory. In the meantime, if you have any stainless steel brake lines you would like to order please give us a call or send an email and we will get you set up. On another note, we have just received the Spiegler LSL Handlebar Conversion Kit and it can be found by clicking on the link.

Robert - RPM
Randy - RPM

markmartin

These Spiegler products might provide an interesting opportunity to bring the bars back a little more for those that want for a more upright seating position.

Is it  known if there are bars that they sell that would locate the grips a half inch or so higher and an inch or so further back than the FJ stock setup with the 3/4" risers ??  The width and sweep would need to be considered as well. 

FJ1100mjk

Quote from: racerrad8 on August 25, 2015, 12:21:42 PM
On another note, we have just received the Spiegler LSL Handlebar Conversion Kit and it can be found by clicking on the link.

Robert - RPM

"Intended For Track Use Only" ?
Platinum Zircon-encrusted Gold Member

Iron Balls #00002175
www.ironballs.com

racerrad8

Quote from: FJ1100mjk on August 25, 2015, 01:42:07 PM
On another note, we have just received the Spiegler LSL Handlebar Conversion Kit and it can be found by clicking on the link.

Robert - RPM

I just got off the phone with Spiegler and they told me the LSL kit is not "DOT" approved in the US. It is European highway approved.  Since the manufacture, LSL, has chosen not to invest in US DOT approval, Spiegler lists that kit as well as all non-DOT approved parts they sell as "race only". His exact quote was, "to cover our butt".

He went on to say that the LSL products far and away exceeded the prior testing European testing procedures and so the LSL procedures were implemented for all handlebars requiring approval.

I have removed the track use only as Spiegler does not list it in their website description, so since I am a Spiegler dealer I am not required to list that on the website either.

This kit is a high quality kit and I will have no problem install one on one of my bike in the future.

Randy - RPM
Randy - RPM

Dan Filetti

Quote from: racerrad8 on August 25, 2015, 02:20:34 PM

This kit is a high quality kit and I will have no problem install one on one of my bike in the future.

Randy - RPM

Someone should install one of these and report any foibles they may encounter (if any), particularly around throttle/ clutch/ brake line routing etc.  I bough the Heli-Bars for my Gixxer and they indicated that the brake/ clutch and throttle lines 'did not need to be replaced'.  While true, I DID need to create and add a wire hook to ensure that the throttle line stayed below the ignition housing.  If it drifted up, as it did on my testing, it would catch and prevent the bars from turning full lock to the right.  Seemed to me like a parking lot disaster waiting to happen so I made and installed my wire hook to hold the lines down.   Just a thought.

Dan
Live hardy, or go home. 

FJ1200W

Thank you for the quick service and quality goods!
Steve
Columbia, Missouri
USA

FJ1200W

Quote from: FJ1100mjk on August 25, 2015, 01:42:07 PM

Robert - RPM

See the same thing on many performance parts - Exhausts especially (legally too loud for the street, no cats, etc.)

I avoid non-DOT brake lines for street use (they don't last long), that is about it.
Steve
Columbia, Missouri
USA

Firehawk068

Quote from: FJ1200W on August 27, 2015, 10:35:29 AM
Thank you for the quick service and quality goods!

I just ordered a set of these.
I had to pull the trigger on them, now that my seat is an inch or so taller than it was.  :good:
Alan H.
Denver, CO
'90 FJ1200

markmartin

The Spiegler  bars?   Great!  I expect a full report upon completion. :-)

CutterBill

RPM is now a proud Spiegler dealer. Keep an eye out for Spiegler products being added to our inventory. In the meantime, if you have any stainless steel brake lines you would like to order please give us a call or send an email and we will get you set up. On another note, we have just received the Spiegler LSL Handlebar Conversion Kit and it can be found by clicking on the link.
Is the adapter black or silver?  Handlebars black or silver?  Are the handlebar ends threaded for the stock end-weights?  The kits comes with a brake hose but no clutch hose, correct?
Never Slow Down, Never Grow Old.

Current Stable:                                                     
FJ1100                                              
FJ1200 (4)
1999 Yamaha WR400 (street-legal)
2015 Super Tenere
2002 Honda Goldwing

racerrad8

Quote from: CutterBill on August 28, 2015, 08:33:26 AM
Is the adapter black or silver?  Handlebars black or silver?  Are the handlebar ends threaded for the stock end-weights?  The kits comes with a brake hose but no clutch hose, correct?

Adapter is black, bars are silver. No since they are aluminum bars the wall thickness is greater so they are smooth bore. Robert 7 talked yesterday about seeing if we could tap them to fit the bar ends.

The kit includes a new brake hose only.

I have not install on of these yet, I only added it to stock at the request of a customer after he saw someone install one on FB. Until I get to install one, I will not be able to fully answer your questions, but I do know that this is a very popular kit in Europe and they buy the kit, install it and ride.

Randy - RPM
Randy - RPM

Firehawk068

Quote from: markmartin on August 27, 2015, 12:56:39 PM

The Spiegler  bars?   Great!  I expect a full report upon completion. :-)

Unfortunately, no. I can't really afford the bar conversion right now.
I got the RPM risers.
Alan H.
Denver, CO
'90 FJ1200

Flynt

Quote from: racerrad8 on August 28, 2015, 10:20:07 AM
Quote from: CutterBill on August 28, 2015, 08:33:26 AM
Adapter is black, bars are silver. No since they are aluminum bars the wall thickness is greater so they are smooth bore.

FWIW...  I installed an LSL setup on the top of my YZF750R front end.  The bars that came with are as Randy describes, although mine were black.  I used FZ1 bars that are slightly less wide and swept back a little more, but more importantly are threaded for the screw in bar ends.  I also have a standard FJ Spiegler braided steel lines on front and they fit fine (dual from MC to Calipers).

I think the LSL stuff is very nice, but I have experienced some fading and the whole thing looks purple now instead of the black it was when new.  Doesn't impact performance, purely cosmetic.  Maybe I got bad anodization or maybe I just ride too much  :yahoo:

Frank
There's plenty of time for sleep in the grave...

FJmonkey

Quote from: Flynt on August 29, 2015, 12:15:31 AM
I think the LSL stuff is very nice, but I have experienced some fading and the whole thing looks purple now instead of the black it was when new.  Doesn't impact performance, purely cosmetic.  Maybe I got bad anodization or maybe I just ride too much  :yahoo:

Frank
That color fade is normal for anodize finish when exposed to sun and heat, black turns purple, red turns pink, blue turns to a baby blue, you just ride too much... If you refinish it you will need to have it acid stripped. And if you want a black that will not fade and be hard as hell, have it Hard Anodized. 
The glass is not half full, it was engineered with a 2X safety factor.

'86 Ambulance - Bent frame, cracked case, due for an overhaul
'89 Stormy Blue - Suits my Dark Side

skymasteres

Quote from: giantkiller on August 20, 2015, 08:36:19 PM
Yah Monkey. The 10c just came out in early June. It's basically a 20s with a built in action cam.

The 10c is NOT a 20S with the action cam. It's basically the original SMH10 upgraded to Bluetooth 4.1 with a camera added. The main difference between the 10 and 20 series is the 20 series has a dual Bluetooth transceiver which allows simultaneous use of the universal and standard intercom feature, while remaining hooked up to your GPS or phone. With the 10 series it's an either or deal.