News:

Enjoy your FJ

Main Menu

RPM Parts Update

Started by racerrad8, September 09, 2011, 08:08:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

racerrad8

Well, I have way more than I need...

I have accumulated more of these sprockets than I have been selling lately. These are brand new Yamaha sprockets that are supplied on new engines that are installed into the race car application. These sprocket have never had a chain installed onto the teeth.

Yamaha 17T Drive Sprocket

I have dropped the price down from $15 to $10.

Randy - RPM

Randy - RPM

racerrad8

At the request of many people over the last year, we have now added the Motul 10wt fork oil to stock as well. This oil will not work with the RPM fork valves, but is the recommended weight from Yamaha.

So, if buying the genuine Yamaha/NOK fork seals and wipers, you now have the option of getting the Motul fork oil as well.

Motul Factory Team Line 10wt Fork Oil

Randy - RPM

Randy - RPM

racerrad8

The Heated Grip Kit is now back in stock. I ran out just before the end of the year and several people have inquired about when they would be available again.

Randy - RPM
Randy - RPM

racerrad8

We received the latest Yamaha order late last week. We have got everything on the shelf and the inventory has been updated.

All of the Yamaha parts that were out of stock are back in stock.

Randy - RPM
Randy - RPM

racerrad8

Got these added to stock from our latest Yamaha order

FJ Timing Cover Bolts

Robert - RPM
Randy - RPM

Urban_Legend

Hi Randy.
The aftermarket timing cover bolts you have, do they require the plastic washer/spacer the same as the OEM items have fitted?

Mark
Mark
My Baby (Sparkles)
84 FJ1100/1200 motor
92 FJ 1200 - Project bike. Finished and sold.
84 FJ1100 - Project bike.

Pat Conlon

Yep, the SS RPM bolts need the grommets.

The oem Yamaha bolts come with new grommets.
1) Free Owners Manual download: https://tinyurl.com/fmsz7hk9
2) Don't store your FJ with E10 fuel https://tinyurl.com/3cjrfct5
3) Replace your old stock rubber brake lines.
4) Important items for the '84-87 FJ's:
Safety wire: https://tinyurl.com/99zp8ufh
Fuel line: https://tinyurl.com/bdff9bf3

racerrad8

Yes they do. Unfortunately they are not a separate part that can be purchased from Yamaha. They are already installed on the new screws from Yamaha. However it is possible to get your old grommets off if they aren't too hard and burnt up already.

Robert - RPM
Randy - RPM

Urban_Legend

Thank you. Robert and Pat. I will have to see if I can get the old ones off.

Mark
Mark
My Baby (Sparkles)
84 FJ1100/1200 motor

ribbert

Quote from: Urban_Legend on February 08, 2017, 07:00:06 PM
Thank you. Robert and Pat. I will have to see if I can get the old ones off.

Mark

Mark, don't worry if the old ones crumble, they're just a weather seal. My spare motor only had counter sunk PH screws with nothing sealing them for over 50k of the harshest dusty and wet riding conditions.

I recently bought new ones from RPM and just put o rings on them.

Noel
"Tell a wise man something he doesn't know and he'll thank you, tell a fool something he doesn't know and he'll abuse you"

Urban_Legend

That idea had occurred to me too, Noel. Just didn't pull my finger out to do anything about it, and left the old screws in.
Mark
Mark
My Baby (Sparkles)
84 FJ1100/1200 motor

racerrad8

The latest shipment of RPM S/S Exhaust Systems have arrived all ready for spring.

Randy - RPM

Randy - RPM

FJ1200W

Quote from: racerrad8 on February 22, 2017, 01:21:18 PM
The latest shipment of RPM S/S Exhaust Systems have arrived all ready for spring.

Randy - RPM

Any performance increase?

Jetting?

Difference in performance between canisters?

The old school in me keeps leaning toward the megaphone - but is it snuffs performance.....

Huge sale on the horizon?   (popcorn)
Steve
Columbia, Missouri
USA

Mike Ramos

Hello FJ1200W,

Here is a post form 2+ years ago re: my experience with the RPM exhaust.  Do not know about power increase, however the engine does appear to breath better & mid range seems enhanced...

Ride safe!

Re: RPM Exhaust...

I have had the opportunity to use the prototype exhaust system since August of last year and about 22,000 miles ago.  The carbon fiber muffle was chosen because of the unique sound; also it is not excessively loud and it has a pleasant sound while cruising on over the road excursions.

It is said that horsepower sells & I do not make claims regarding that issue, I can illustrate many instances where in the real world the performance of the FJ is enhanced by the RPM exhaust system.  I do not "quarter mile" per se; however the type of riding I do emphasizes mid-range performance with, as in the following instance, top end performance from time to time.

The most recent episode occurred at the end last week.

I had traveled through the foothills and fueled up just south of town on my way to the Interstate.  The entrance leading to the Interstate is an uphill grade about ½ mile long and two lanes wide until just before the Interstate where it becomes one lane and then quickly merges onto the Interstate (which is three lanes wide).

At the beginning of the on ramp there is a traffic signal which was red as I approached in the left lane; there was a Porsche in front of me with an impressive looking pick-up truck in the right lane.  Just as I was putting my foot down and glancing in the mirror, tires could be heard squealing.  Looking up, the light had turned green and the Porsche had hooked up and was accelerating rapidly.  Caught off guard, I accelerated moderately; the truck on the right also took off briskly and leaving me momentarily stuck behind the Porsche.

It quickly became apparent that the Porsche had no intention of moderating speed.  Although concerned with Mr. C's admonishment about my passing on the right, but since it was in a separate lane I thought it would be permissible (anyone else with a problem return to your sewing), throttle was applied liberally to the FJ, also with no intention of moderating speed.

Glancing far off to the left at the Interstate the cars seem to have slowed; uh oh, not likely I surmise.  Glancing at the speedometer it is at the 3:00 position and the tach confirms the speed and the Porsche is staying with me although perhaps a car length or so behind & still in the left lane.  I am in fourth gear and normally (with stock exhaust) the power would be tapering off however  with the engine breathing freely and the need to rapidly merge into one lane and then almost immediately enter the Interstate I thought it prudent to attain extra space between the Porsche and the FJ.
So I remain hard on the throttle up to almost red line and cleanly and crisply pull fifth gear, easily pulling away from the Porsche, merging into one lane and then onto the Interstate itself.

Although it happened faster than one can read about it, this illustrates the all-around improvement in performance afforded by the R.P.M. exhaust.  In this instance the Porsche had no markings so I do not know the model however it pulled hard into the triple digit range.

Apologizing for the long post, it should be noted that the suspension settings were unchanged from earlier in the day when I was on back country roads which were in poor condition, albeit at more moderate speeds.  The tires are not new with almost 6k miles on them yet there are considerably more miles left in them (air pressure @ 42 psi). There are faster motorcycles less comfortable and more comfortable motorcycles not as agile, however with after-market components from R.P.M. which are  available to everyone, for all around performance & comfort the FJ is hard to beat.

The FJ community as a whole benefits from the efforts of the gentleman from R.P.M.  At times it is a matter of self-preservation...!

Ride safe,

Mike Ramos.

racerrad8

I responded in red below.

Randy - RPM

Quote from: FJ1200W on February 25, 2017, 06:10:27 PM
Any performance increase? Yes, but nothing that I have personally documented via a dyno. But once we bolt on a RPM Exhaust System, the next question is answered.
                                    Another increase is gain from the shear weight removed from the FJ between the stock exhaust and the RPM system. The heaviest RPM system weighs 9.9 pounds, the stock system weighs 31.6 pounds.
                                    That removal of weight also helps performance and handling of the bike.

Jetting? Yes, it will allow you to find the FJ's full potential. There have been many that have not jetted for the exhaust system (RPM Dual Pod Air Filters  too), but they are not getting the value of the system.

Difference in performance between canisters? No, they are all the same, just the outside material is different.

The old school in me keeps leaning toward the megaphone - but is it snuffs performance..... ??? What is snuffs performance???

Huge sale on the horizon?   (popcorn) The next sale coming up from FJowners.com contributing members will be Memorial Day weekend.

Randy - RPM