News:

Welcome to FJowners.com

It is the members who make this best place for FJ related content on the internet.

Main Menu

RPM Parts Update

Started by racerrad8, September 09, 2011, 08:08:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sparky84

Quote from: RPM - Robert on August 02, 2018, 04:40:40 PM
Fixed it. However, there were 30+ people on the wait list and we only received 15 sets. They have already sold out, we have more on the way but they are currently at powder coating so it may be a week or two before they are back in stock.

They are good and they do work

Quote from: PaulG on August 02, 2018, 04:28:55 PM
When I click on either link I get the Genuine Yamaha Valve Shim   :scratch_one-s_head:
That's why they were changing suppliers  :pardon:
1984 FJ1100
1979 Kawasaki Z1300
1972 Honda CB750/4 K2

racerrad8

The 2018 RPM Labor day sale will be starting Friday, August 31 and running through Monday September 3rd.

Everyone will be able to get 5% off every item in stock during the sale dates. This only applies to online orders; no rain checks.

If you are contributing member you will see additional levels of discount. Get your coupon code for your discount in your specific membership section.

If you are not a contributing member it is not too late, you can go to this link for all of the details: Membership has its privileges  

FJowners.com membership has it's privileges.

Thank you for your continued support and I hope everyone had a great summer.

Randy - RPM
Randy - RPM

racerrad8

Quote from: racerrad8 on August 13, 2018, 10:22:56 AM
The 2018 RPM Labor day sale will be starting Friday, August 31 and running through Monday September 3rd.

Everyone will be able to get 5% off every item in stock during the sale dates. This only applies to online orders; no rain checks.

If you are contributing member you will see additional levels of discount. Get your coupon code for your discount in your specific membership section.

Randy - RPM

The sale 2018 Labor Day Sale will begin Friday morning August 31st and run through Monday September 3rd.

The coupon codes has been listed in the specified section for the contributing members which will be active for the same time frame.

If you have any questions about your membership contribution or have any issue finding your discount code, please let us know. We will get you where you need to be.

If you still would like to contribute for additional savings there is still time: Membership has its privileges

Thank you for your continued support.

Randy - RPM
Randy - RPM

racerrad8

:good2: :good2: The 2018 RPM Labor Day Sale is now underway - The 2018 RPM Labor Day Sale is now underway - The 2018 RPM Labor Day Sale is now underway - The 2018 RPM Labor Day Sale is now underway - The 2018 RPM Labor Day Sale is now underway - The 2018 RPM Labor Day Sale is now underway - The 2018 RPM Labor Day Sale is now underway - The 2018 RPM Labor Day Sale is now underway - The 2018 RPM Labor Day Sale is now underway - The 2018 RPM Labor Day Sale is now underway -
Quote from: racerrad8 on August 28, 2018, 12:31:42 PM
The sale 2018 Labor Day Sale will begin Friday morning August 31st and run through Monday September 3rd.

The coupon codes has been listed in the specified section for the contributing members which will be active for the same time frame.

If you have any questions about your membership contribution or have any issue finding your discount code, please let us know. We will get you where you need to be.

If you still would like to contribute for additional savings there is still time: Membership has its privileges

Randy - RPM
Randy - RPM

racerrad8

A few new things have hit the shelves here at RPM.

Battery Jumper Pack
Upgraded RPM Vibration Canceling Handlebar Ends

This fuel cap was observed at last weekend's RPM fall rally and they were unaware we had them in stock. This cap will fit the FJ1200 with the recessed fuel cap.
FJ1200 Vortex Fuel Cap

There were several other things pointed out on the shelf that people told me, "I didn't know you had that..."

So with that said, here are some of the things people saw and did not know was available form RPM.

Disc Brake Lock
Roadside Tire Repair Kit
Soft-Tye Down Straps

We have a pretty good representation of Motul products beyond oil.

Motul Air Filter Oil Spray
Motul Chain Clean
Motul Chrome and Aluminum Polish
Motul Shine & Go
Motul Wash & Wax
Motul RBF 600 Racing Brake Fluid 500ML
Motul RBF 660 Racing brake Fluid 500ML

And finally, RPM has all of your FJ drive chain needs with the exclusion of the chain itself.

Here is the DID chain tool that was demonstrated this weekend: DID Chain Tool

If there is anything you need for any bike you own. I have access to aftermarket parts for all makes, models and types of motorcycles. if you are in need of something for your other bike(s), fell free to check with us. We would be glad to be able to supply you will all of your motorcycling needs.

Randy - RPM
Randy - RPM

Tuned forks

Did I buy the previous Vibranators or the current upgraded version?

I was admiring your collection of Motul products.

For those that have not seen the DID tool in action, I'm totally sold.  I'm returning the Stockton Tool kit to Cycle Gear and buying Randy's DID tool.

I like the tire repair kit.  Are extra CO2 cartridges available.  Mr Conlon says two for the front and 3-4 for the back.  I'm thinking what happens if you have a very bad day with two flat tires?

Joe
1990 FJ1200-the reacher
1990 FZR 1000-crotch rocket

Pat Conlon

Hey Joe, FYI on the 16g. Co2 cartridges, 3 for the front, 5 for the rear....so I carry 8.
Yes, I've had both tires punctured at the same time....I ran over some roofing tacks one night.
I'm a fan of the mushroom cap plugs used on the Stop and Go tire kits. Those are only for straight punctures.
For an angled puncture you need the rope style like Randy sells.

The new generation tire pumps are on my list. Folks here have given them good reviews.

How did your bike feel on the way home with your new chain, sprockets and Vibranators?
1) Free Owners Manual download: https://tinyurl.com/fmsz7hk9
2) Don't store your FJ with E10 fuel https://tinyurl.com/3cjrfct5
3) Replace your old stock rubber brake lines.
4) Important items for the '84-87 FJ's:
Safety wire: https://tinyurl.com/99zp8ufh
Fuel line: https://tinyurl.com/bdff9bf3

Tuned forks

Okay, I thought you said otherwise.  I've only used the rope style and missed most of your "seminar".

I've thought about a mini compressor.  There's just about enough room under the seat.

I "think" there's less vibration in the bars.  Chain feels no different other than peace of mind.  Sprockets result in 500 less rpm at 80mph.  4500 rpm now instead of 5000.  No issues with accel from a stop either.  I'd say Robert's and Randy's recommendation was spot on and the many testimonials from the members helped seal the deal.  I'd say the bar risers and Vibranators combined make for a much more comfy touring machine.

Joe
1990 FJ1200-the reacher

ribbert

Quote from: Tuned forks on October 09, 2018, 07:43:39 PM

I like the tire repair kit.  Are extra CO2 cartridges available.  Mr Conlon says two for the front and 3-4 for the back.  I'm thinking what happens if you have a very bad day with two flat tires?

Joe

I seem to have more tyre problems than anyone here, and they always happen a loooong way from home, as in 1000's of kms away, not that there's any convenient place for a flat tyre but it feels more desperate when far away.

For various reasons, not one of my last half dozen flat tyres could have been fixed with cartridges. On three occasions I had to keep stopping to re inflate it. Once because the valve stem broke, and another time with a stick in my tyre too big to repair so I cut it off flush and left it in there until the next town and a third time I had put 7 plugs in and still had to stop every 15 mins to re inflate it when the pressure dropped below 15 psi.
On another occasion, an experienced assistant managed to empty the cartridges without getting any air in the tyre.
I have also had multiple punctures over several days on the one trip.
Then there's the trap of thinking the first puncture you find is the only puncture, a discovery generally not made until you have re inflated the tyre. On all these occasions I was riding alone and on all but one, in remote areas.

I take a compressor everywhere except down to the shops, it has also saved the day for quite a few motorcyclists I have come across on the side of the road (and I bet they never went and bought one the next day like they said they would!)

I also have TPMS (remote tyre monitoring) on both bikes and it has saved my arse and literally and figuratively many times over. Not realising your tyre is going flat until you attempt a corner can kill you!

If you are lucky, and like most riders here, your punctures will be few and far between, hence the need to check you kit from time to time. I have found plugs that have gone off (presumably from heat) glue that's gone hard and a compressor that had vibrated the screws out of the cylinder head.

A flat tyre on the road, while relatively simple to fix with the right tools, can ruin an entire day or worse, a trip, without them. Be prepared.

Noel
"Tell a wise man something he doesn't know and he'll thank you, tell a fool something he doesn't know and he'll abuse you"

Pat Conlon

Yes Noel, I hear you loud and clear. You and others have convinced that the new mini compressors are the way to go.

I did have a bad experience with a 12v compressor ~25 years ago, it ran down my battery.  Damn thing was slow.
No worries today, I also carry a battery jumper pack. It's also great for re-charging my cell and Sena.
This little dude is powerful. It jump started my wife's GMC Yukon 5.3L 4x4.

http://rpmracingca.com/proddetail.asp?prod=JumperPack

1) Free Owners Manual download: https://tinyurl.com/fmsz7hk9
2) Don't store your FJ with E10 fuel https://tinyurl.com/3cjrfct5
3) Replace your old stock rubber brake lines.
4) Important items for the '84-87 FJ's:
Safety wire: https://tinyurl.com/99zp8ufh
Fuel line: https://tinyurl.com/bdff9bf3

racerrad8

Did I buy the previous Vibranators or the current upgraded version?

You have the new version. The biggest change is we changed from plated steel to stainless steel for the dampening rod.

Joe

Yes, replacement canister come in both 16g and 20g and I can get them anytime.

If you are looking for mini compressors, I have access several different mini compressor systems. If you are interested, let me know and I can get you the info.

Randy - RPM
Randy - RPM

ZOA NOM

Rick

Current:
2010 Honda VFR1200 DCT (Full Auto!)
1993 FJ/GSXR 1200 (-ABS)
1987 Porsche 911 Carrera (Race)
1988 Porsche Carrera (Street)
Previous:
1993 FJ1200 (FIREBALL)
1993 FJ1200ABS (RIP my collar bone)
1986 FZ750
1984 FJ600
1982 Seca

Tuned forks

Jeez Noel, you paint a grim picture.  However, that does move me toward a compressor particularly when I am travelling alone.

Randy, thanks for that info.

Rick...what can I say?
1990 FJ1200-the reacher

ZOA NOM

Certainly easy to carry... :)
Rick

Current:
2010 Honda VFR1200 DCT (Full Auto!)
1993 FJ/GSXR 1200 (-ABS)
1987 Porsche 911 Carrera (Race)
1988 Porsche Carrera (Street)
Previous:
1993 FJ1200 (FIREBALL)
1993 FJ1200ABS (RIP my collar bone)
1986 FZ750
1984 FJ600
1982 Seca

rlucas

Quote from: Pat Conlon on October 10, 2018, 11:30:54 AM

No worries today, I also carry a battery jumper pack. It's also great for re-charging my cell and Sena.
This little dude is powerful. It jump started my wife's GMC Yukon 5.3L 4x4.

Excellent tip, Pat. I bought one of these from RPM last year, and I used it 4 times on a recent trip (I knew I had a weak battery when I left). Never would have occurred to me that I could run my portable compressor off it, too.

We're not a club. Clubs have rules. Pay dues. Wear hats and shit.

"Y'all might be faster than me, but you didn't have more fun than I did." Eric McClellan (RIP '15)