News:

Enjoy your FJ

Main Menu

RPM Parts Update

Started by racerrad8, September 09, 2011, 08:08:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Troyskie

Quote from: RPM - Robert on July 27, 2019, 07:44:50 PM
The new RPM shirts have arrived. I had to convince pops that we needed to add blue to the graphics. He conceded and the shirt now comes in either red or blue.

RPM T-Shirt

Get them hot off the silk screen press.

BTW, I am working on RPM hats for the near future as well. :good2:

These new shirts are great!
1984 FJ1100 Ms Effie brand new :)
1984 FJ1100 Pearlie, stock as.
1985 FJ1100 Mr Effie 647,000K and still running hard.
1985 FJ1200 'Yummy' takes a licking & keeps on ticking
After all is said and done, more is said than done :)
2013 Trumpy Tiger 800, let's do a lap of Oz

racerrad8

Quote from: Troyskie on August 31, 2019, 07:38:15 PM
Quote from: RPM - Robert on July 27, 2019, 07:44:50 PM
The new RPM shirts have arrived. I had to convince pops that we needed to add blue to the graphics. He conceded and the shirt now comes in either red or blue.

RPM T-Shirt

Get them hot off the silk screen press.

BTW, I am working on RPM hats for the near future as well. :good2:

These new shirts are great!

A couple photos would be great Troy.

Randy - RPM
Randy - RPM

oldktmdude

Are there FREE shirts being given out?  :yahoo:
1985 FJ1100 x2 (1 sold)
2009 TDM 900
1980 Kawasaki Z1R Mk11 (sold and still regretting it)
1979 Kawasaki Z650 (sold)
1985 Suzuki GSXR 400 x2 (next project)
2001 KTM 520 exc (sold)
2004 GasGas Ec300
1981 Honda CB 900 F (sold)
1989 Kawasaki GPX 600 Adventure

racerrad8

Now that the months are turning cooler and we shouldn't be seeing many, if any more 100+ degree afternoons, Robert will again be here at the shop from 8-4 M-F

Randy - RPM
Randy - RPM

FJ1200W

Quote from: oldktmdude on September 01, 2019, 09:29:15 PM
   Are there FREE shirts being given out?  :yahoo:

I love the local shops/vendors that offer select customers free branded shirts.

Truly walking advertisements targeted to their markets.

Inexpensive, effective advertising.

Steve
Columbia, Missouri
USA

Troyskie

Quote from: racerrad8 on September 01, 2019, 07:03:11 PM
Randy - RPM

Here you go mate!
1984 FJ1100 Ms Effie brand new :)
1984 FJ1100 Pearlie, stock as.
1985 FJ1100 Mr Effie 647,000K and still running hard.
1985 FJ1200 'Yummy' takes a licking & keeps on ticking
After all is said and done, more is said than done :)
2013 Trumpy Tiger 800, let's do a lap of Oz

racerrad8

Quote from: Troyskie on October 01, 2019, 04:10:23 AM
Quote from: racerrad8 on September 01, 2019, 07:03:11 PM
Randy - RPM

Here you go mate!

Troy,

I am sorry I missed this post earlier. Thank you for the photo, enjoy.

Randy - RPM
Randy - RPM

racerrad8

RPM Holiday Sale begins 11/29, take advantage of great savings.    RPM Holiday Sale begins 11/29, take advantage of great savings. RPM Holiday Sale begins 11/29, take advantage of great savings. RPM Holiday Sale begins 11/29, take advantage of great savings. RPM Holiday Sale begins 11/29, take advantage of great savings.

The 2019 RPM holiday sale will begin on Friday, November 29th and run through Monday, December 2nd. This sale covers the US termed shopping days, Black Friday, Small Business Saturday and Cyber Monday and is available to everyone around the world.

Save 10% on all items in stock during this annual sales event.

Gold, Silver and Bronze Contributing members you will see additional discounts during this event.

If you are not a contributing member, it is not too late. You can contribute at the bottom of every page to receive the additional discount. I will do my best to upgrade the contribution status the same day so you can take advantage of the bigger discounts.

Don't forget you can also get RPM gift certificates any time of year.

I hope everyone has a great holiday season with family & friends, but be sure not to forget one of your best friends during the holiday season...Your FJ

Randy - RPM

RPM Holiday Sale begins 11/29, take advantage of great savings.    RPM Holiday Sale begins 11/29, take advantage of great savings. RPM Holiday Sale begins 11/29, take advantage of great savings. RPM Holiday Sale begins 11/29, take advantage of great savings. RPM Holiday Sale begins 11/29, take advantage of great savings.

This sale applies to all in stock inventory; No rain checks, back orders or special order items.

Contributing members, discount codes will be in your contribution section the week prior to the sale.

Randy - RPM

RPM - Robert

Quote from: Starquest on August 24, 2019, 08:24:48 AM
Hi. What crimping tool do you need for the ignition switch connectors?

Jose, sorry this question was missed. We use a weatherpack crimp tool just like this one: https://www.amazon.com/IWISS-Crimping-Terminals-Metri-Pack-Connectors/dp/B071KFLY43

racerrad8

2020 is starting off with good news, at least as far as RPM suspension components are concerned.

The company who builds the RPM shocks and fork valves has a new owner. The previous owner is a machine shop and off road racer. He did the shocks for the motorcycle, but his passion was in off road racing. Based on his machine shop, he is also a military contract machinist. He got real busy a few years ago with the contract work and the shock portion fell to the wayside.

Fast forward to late 2019, I got word that a long time shock employee was trying to buy the business to just build shocks. I even offered up to invest in the purchase if needed to make this happen. The new owner did not need my investment and finalized the purchase just after the first of the year.

The equipment and inventory has been moved to the new shop and production is back underway. With that said, we have gotten the first batch of late model RPM FJ Rear Shock; 91-95 in today. When they arrived I was surprised because we had not spoken for a couple of weeks when he called to tell me the purchase was complete and I was on the top of the list for shocks.

He said he is having more components made as we speak so he can continue to build the RPM shocks. Components are in progress now and when complete he will be making up the early model shocks as well.

I hope to see the early model version of the shocks within the next month so we can get those back on the shelf before the spring riding season hits.

We also spoke at length that he is aware of the need for the 89-90 version of the shock. He said once things settle down hopefully by the summer time, we can start getting that specific shock designed and into production. The RPM FJ Rear Shock; 91-95 will work on the 89-90 with a clearance hole and different dog bones as they have in the past.

I also discussed the addition of ride height adjustment. He said we will talk about that too as we go into design on the 89-90 shock and hope to be able to incorporate that into the other shocks down the road.

After being out of shocks for more than a year, it is good to see the light at the end of the tunnel is right in front of me.

Randy - RPM
Randy - RPM

Pat Conlon

Good news indeed Randy, especially the height adjustment for the non dogbone '84-'87's.
1) Free Owners Manual download: https://tinyurl.com/fmsz7hk9
2) Don't store your FJ with E10 fuel https://tinyurl.com/3cjrfct5
3) Replace your old stock rubber brake lines.
4) Important items for the '84-87 FJ's:
Safety wire: https://tinyurl.com/99zp8ufh
Fuel line: https://tinyurl.com/bdff9bf3

racerrad8

We have a new tool to replace an existing tool and a new fitting for your FJ.

First off, we have always stocked the Yamaha Fork Tool for disassembling and assembling for FJ forks. But over the years, Yamaha has continued to raise the price and the latest price has driven it over $40.00, plus they have not had regular inventory to have them on the shelf and available.  Well, RPM has now manufactured this tool for a cheaper price and plenty on the shelf for you.

RPM 27mm Fork Tool

We now have on the shelf the oil galley adapter that fits in the oil pan galley. This allows the use of aftermarket temperature gauges on your FJ. Oil Pan Galley Adapter

During this difficult time. I continue to appreciate all of your support.

Thank you very much, Randy - RPM
Randy - RPM

RPM - Robert

Due to Covid-19 there are now international countries that are not accepting shipments.

If when placing your order you are not able to complete an order, it is because of the receivers country not accepting packages at this time.

T Legg

I wonder if those country's have stopped accepting our agricultural products as well.
T Legg

racerrad8

The RPM Undercut Transmission Output Shaft is back in stock.

Unfortunately, I had to raise the price for the first time in nine years. It went up by less than $50.00, but never the less, the cost has risen over the years and I have been able to hold the price.

I had to raise the price of the transmission itself and on the core charge. The reason the core charge went up so much is because I am down to just one or two core transmissions for future undercutting. The core charge is 100% refundable with the return of a good, rebuildable core. Everyone that has kept their core means I have had to pull a core transmission I had here.

I have also lost out on a couple of cores as the damage wasn't noticed until the assembly was disassembled for undercutting. I am going to be to the point where I am going to have to start buying eBay cores to keep this up without the return of the cores. Here are a couple of photos of one that obviously did not have the oil changed properly or it ran out of oil at some point.

So, the higher core cost will hopefully get them back to me so I can keep providing this needed part.

As always, I appreciate your continued support and I will keep on as long as I can.

Randy - RPM
Randy - RPM