News:

Welcome to FJowners.com

It is the members who make this best place for FJ related content on the internet.

Main Menu

RPM Parts Update

Started by racerrad8, September 09, 2011, 08:08:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

racerrad8

I wanted to take a moment and thank everyone for their support and to say it has been a pleasure working with FJ owners all over the world.

I have finally had some movement on some of the parts I have been waiting on for what seems like an eternity.

The fork braces are back in my hands, the carb kits to cover all years have also been received.

The Vibrantors are scheduled to be shipped on 9/23. The fork rebuild kits, fuel pump points and the 89-93 petcocks are scheduled to be received by the distributor around 10/1.

I never got enough interest in the clear LED taillight with signals to have it manufactured so it has been removed from the website. I am still not sure if I am going to restock the other LED lights when stock has been depleted.

The slave cylinders are one of the items that does not have a receipt date and is one of the many items I am having trouble getting from Yamaha. As I have stated before my supplier gets 3 full size shipping container stock orders a year and they have only received one due to the Japan earthquake. He stated when the order was placed for the last container, their inventory was good and since they order 3-4 in advance they use purchase history to order. Well things like slave cylinders and some carb parts were not big movers for them prior to the RPM website getting up & running. Once those items arrive in the US I will have them available to you guys.

The urethane motormount and aftermarket oil coolers kits are continuing through the testing phase.

I have not had an update in quite a while on the new front fork valves, hopefully they are at the Tellico rally for some good riding this weekend.

I am working diligently to find a supplier to get chain & sprockets from and I hope to make an announcement on that in the next week.

Again, I thank everyone one for their input and as always if you do not see something on my website shoot me an email and I will look at adding it to the inventory.

Once again thank you for your support. :hi:

Randy - RPM
www.RPMracingCa.com
Randy - RPM

Pat Conlon

Thank you Randy, you have been an asset to our forum.  :good2:
1) Free Owners Manual download: https://tinyurl.com/fmsz7hk9
2) Don't store your FJ with E10 fuel https://tinyurl.com/3cjrfct5
3) Replace your old stock rubber brake lines.
4) Important items for the '84-87 FJ's:
Safety wire: https://tinyurl.com/99zp8ufh
Fuel line: https://tinyurl.com/bdff9bf3

Lotsokids

Quote from: Pat Conlon on September 10, 2011, 02:11:17 AM
Thank you Randy, you have been an asset to our forum.  :good2:

Agreed! You are my only option for successfully shipping parts to Hungary - with extremely reasonable shipping costs!
U.S. Air Force sport bike instructor (initial cadre), 2007-2009

I'm an American living & working in Hungary

loquito

i am lucky to have found out about you and too be able to be your customer, looking forward to future purchases

winddancer

Keep.up the good work and keeping the parts we need since i am the luckiest of all of us since I live 20 min away thanks for all the help and parts. :good2: :good2: :good2:

jf ahamay

Bravo.... you'll be hearing from me prior to next spring.

racerrad8

:good2: The fork rebuild kits hit the distributors shelf today. They only got twenty five sets and probably won't have anymore until next year, so I ordered all twenty five and they will be in my hands tomorrow. :yahoo:

They have already been added to my stock inventory as well and the notification emails should have been received. :yes:

Thanks again, Randy - RPM

Randy - RPM

racerrad8

A little update on some of the newest things I have been working on.

Well, I have received the new set of fork valves since I was never able to get my set back from Bill P. I am going to be sending them out for independent testing once I get some springs that I have ordered in hand.

Based on my initial testing the stock spring is too soft. With the addition of a true shim valve cartridge it requires the spring to keep the valve seated and I have experienced some bypassing. This is caused by the stock spring not being stiff enough and the valve is lifting from its seat.

Oil filters adapters are on schedule and will be here by Monday 11/28 at the latest.

I have received the undercut transmissions and once I can figure out how to add them to inventory they will be listed on the website. They will have a core charge attached to them as I need to get your old set back to send in for undercutting. The core charge will be a set price, but if your core transmission requires re-welding of the cogs prior to undercutting, a portion of the core charge will be kept to offset that additional cost.

I have signed on with a new vendor, this means more parts for your bike. Not only hard parts like sprockets and wheel bearings; I will be adding batteries, tools, two way radios, heated handle bar kits and much more.

The RPM rear shock is made and the mounting points are now being designed to match the two different version of rear shock design. They said I should see the unit for my 86 in 2-3 weeks so I can start the testing on that.

The oil cooler kit is ready to go. We have seen consistant drops of 20-25 degrees over the stock system. I have the cooler, hose & fitting manufactures signed up and I am just buying parts. I have also started the manufacturing of the mounting hardware as well. I hope to have those ready to send out around the first of January.

The urethane motor mount kit has worked out great. It has eliminated a large degree of the vibrations and they have held up great. I have contacted the urethane company and they have received the specs for the 84-88 motormount kits so I hope to have some news on that shortly. I am looking for a set of 89 upper rubber mounts that I can send to them so I can have a kit for the 89+ models as well.

I hope everyone has a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year and 2012 keeps you rolling on two wheels.

Thank you again for all of your support,
                                                     Randy - RPM

Randy - RPM

1tinindian

Great news Randy, I'm glad to see you will be here for us in the long run.
You may be the very reason some of our bikes will stay on the road.

Leon
"I want to be free to ride my machine without being hassled by the "man"!
91 FJ1200

craigo

Quote from: racerrad8 on November 28, 2011, 07:46:30 PM

The RPM rear shock is made and the mounting points are now being designed to match the two different version of rear shock design. They said I should see the unit for my 86 in 2-3 weeks so I can start the testing on that.

Hello Randy,

I am really interested in this rear shock you are developing.  Any idea on cost yet?  Maybe you had said it in a previous post and I just missed it.  I have a 3CV so any idea when that shock will come to market also?

Quote from: racerrad8 on November 28, 2011, 07:46:30 PM
I hope everyone has a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year and 2012 keeps you rolling on two wheels.

And a Merry Christmas to all also,

CraigO
CraigO
90FJ1200

FJmonkey

Quote from: craigo on November 28, 2011, 08:06:05 PM
CraigO
You missed our great 1 day rally just North of you. Join us next time....
The glass is not half full, it was engineered with a 2X safety factor.

'86 Ambulance - Bent frame, cracked case, due for an overhaul
'89 Stormy Blue - Suits my Dark Side

craigo

Quote from: FJmonkey on November 28, 2011, 08:28:20 PM
CraigO
You missed our great 1 day rally just North of you. Join us next time....

I really wish I could have made it, more than you could know.  But not to risk the wrath of Klavdy, I decided not to even mention any excuses.  :mocking: 

I work every weekend, and I mean every weekend.  Part of my job description is to be there for clients where home showings are done.  Some times I feel I should just get a 9-5 and leave all this behind.

Plan a ride between Christmas and New Years, I will be there with bells on.

Thanks for that,

Merry Christmas,

CraigO
CraigO
90FJ1200

FJmonkey

Quote from: craigo on November 28, 2011, 08:44:34 PM
I really wish I could have made it, more than you could know.  But not to risk the wrath of Klavdy, I decided not to even mention any excuses.  :mocking: 
I work every weekend, and I mean every weekend.  Part of my job description is to be there for clients where home showings are done.  Some times I feel I should just get a 9-5 and leave all this behind.
Plan a ride between Christmas and New Years, I will be there with bells on.
Thanks for that,
Merry Christmas,
CraigO
If you can make it then Steve won't have to feel so left out with his White and Blue FJ, he was surrounded buy 3 Red & White (Ambulance) colored FJ's. Maybe that is why he rode fast as hell? If the ambulance can't catch you then all is well.... :biggrin:
The glass is not half full, it was engineered with a 2X safety factor.

'86 Ambulance - Bent frame, cracked case, due for an overhaul
'89 Stormy Blue - Suits my Dark Side

Mike 86 in San Dimas

Great news Randy. The motor mounts for the 86 is very interesting. Have a great holiday!
Mike

racerrad8

Hello Randy,

I am really interested in this rear shock you are developing.  Any idea on cost yet?  Maybe you had said it in a previous post and I just missed it.  I have a 3CV so any idea when that shock will come to market also?

CraigO

We really have not discussed price yet. They want to put one together and make sure it is feasible before we get into those discussions.

I sent them a stock shock for both versions and since I have an 86, we went there first to start the testing. They are very confident the shock will out perform the Penske as they have been using them an a Suzuki track bike that they removed a Penske 8900 series shock. The rider immediately went almost three seconds faster by the change in rear shock alone.

That is the news I like to hear when looking at better products for the FJ. They tell me the shock is able to determine the difference between chassis and suspension (or high speed & lower speed) movement and the valving internally adjusts accordingly to absorb the bumps better, but also allow the shock to function under acceleration and braking better.

I can say one of the things I do notice about the fork valves is that the reflective markers in the roadway are basically not felt when hitting them, but the bake of the bike with the rear shock is bouncing all over. I really hope when I install the rear shock it absorbs those markers like the front,but still is able to control the dampening when cornering as well.

Thanks, Randy - RPM
Randy - RPM