News:

Welcome to FJowners.com

It is the members who make this best place for FJ related content on the internet.

Main Menu

RPM Parts Update

Started by racerrad8, September 09, 2011, 08:08:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FJmonkey

Faster Randy!!!! Faster!!! My recent ride in SoCal made me realize just how soft stock is. I felt like I was a Monkey riding a bucking bull in some of the corners. Not sure if it was my 16" front, soft OEM progressive springs, or pogo spring like rear shock. It was not from the RPM fork brace, that was helping me keep up with Moparman Steve.
The glass is not half full, it was engineered with a 2X safety factor.

'86 Ambulance - Bent frame, cracked case, due for an overhaul
'89 Stormy Blue - Suits my Dark Side

racerrad8

Quote from: FJmonkey on November 28, 2011, 09:54:59 PM
Faster Randy!!!! Faster!!!

Well to tell you the truth, I thought the fork valves would already be tested and available, but as you have read in the other posts, I was left hanging high & dry...

It all boils down to time to test at this point, and since we are in the winter season the testing time takes longer...

Randy - RPM
Randy - RPM

FJmonkey

Quote from: racerrad8 on November 28, 2011, 10:22:27 PM
Quote from: FJmonkey on November 28, 2011, 09:54:59 PM
Faster Randy!!!! Faster!!!
Well to tell you the truth, I thought the fork valves would already be tested and available, but as you have read in the other posts, I was left hanging high & dry...
It all boils down to time to test at this point, and since we are in the winter season the testing time takes longer...
Randy - RPM
Damn!!! Makes me wish I knew a thing or two of front suspension and all. I would love be your Guinea pig on new products... Does it help that we have two Guinea pigs as pets??? Good eating in some South American places... Couie I think... Don't tell the wife that...
The glass is not half full, it was engineered with a 2X safety factor.

'86 Ambulance - Bent frame, cracked case, due for an overhaul
'89 Stormy Blue - Suits my Dark Side

craigo

Randy,

OK, now I am salivating all over the keyboard. As the shock will be < or = to the Penske, I am sure that it'll be costly.  But you don't deal in cheap budget equipment from what I can see on your website.

So sit here and wait I will.  Maybe by next summer???

Thanks,

CraigO
CraigO
90FJ1200

craigo

Quote from: FJmonkey on November 28, 2011, 09:06:10 PM
If you can make it then Steve won't have to feel so left out with his White and Blue FJ, he was surrounded buy 3 Red & White (Ambulance) colored FJ's. Maybe that is why he rode fast as hell? If the ambulance can't catch you then all is well.... :biggrin:

Should continue this on the Ride Report Thread, don't want to be no hi-jacker. BUT...

Yeah, I have ridden with Steve.  He rides well.  Looking back, I wish I would have let him ride my FJ w/ the 17" rear.  Might have swayed him to the mod side.  :yes:  But just put the new front blue dots on and was having some trouble w/ the master. I was kinda worried that it might fail on him.  But that's all been resolved.

I'm going to do the 94 to Buckman Springs over Sunrise to Julian down to Ramona and home tomorrow, about 180-200 miles with all the side road action.  First ride I will have in over a month.  Seems longer.

See you all on the next ride.

Have a very Merry Kookaloo Christmas,

CraigO
CraigO
90FJ1200

flips

Hi Randy

Thank you for the great service and advice!

Cheers :drinks:

Jeff P
Stay rubber side down.

FeralJuggernaut

Any Shock updates?!?!!   My current shock will be 28 years old next month and was knackered about 80,000 miles ago...     :sarcastic:
-----------
Safety Fast

Frogger

Quote from: racerrad8 on September 09, 2011, 08:08:21 PM
I wanted to take a moment and thank everyone for their support and to say it has been a pleasure working with FJ owners all over the world.

I have finally had some movement on some of the parts I have been waiting on for what seems like an eternity.

The fork braces are back in my hands, the carb kits to cover all years have also been received.

The Vibrantors are scheduled to be shipped on 9/23. The fork rebuild kits, fuel pump points and the 89-93 petcocks are scheduled to be received by the distributor around 10/1.

I never got enough interest in the clear LED taillight with signals to have it manufactured so it has been removed from the website. I am still not sure if I am going to restock the other LED lights when stock has been depleted.

The slave cylinders are one of the items that does not have a receipt date and is one of the many items I am having trouble getting from Yamaha. As I have stated before my supplier gets 3 full size shipping container stock orders a year and they have only received one due to the Japan earthquake. He stated when the order was placed for the last container, their inventory was good and since they order 3-4 in advance they use purchase history to order. Well things like slave cylinders and some carb parts were not big movers for them prior to the RPM website getting up & running. Once those items arrive in the US I will have them available to you guys.

The urethane motormount and aftermarket oil coolers kits are continuing through the testing phase.

I have not had an update in quite a while on the new front fork valves, hopefully they are at the Tellico rally for some good riding this weekend.

I am working diligently to find a supplier to get chain & sprockets from and I hope to make an announcement on that in the next week.

Again, I thank everyone one for their input and as always if you do not see something on my website shoot me an email and I will look at adding it to the inventory.

Once again thank you for your support. :hi:

Randy - RPM
www.RPMracingCa.com
Hi Randy, I'm new to FJowners and so to your site RPM, a great range, looking foreward doing business with you.

racerrad8

Quote from: Frogger on December 08, 2011, 02:13:59 PM
Hi Randy, I'm new to FJowners and so to your site RPM, a great range, looking foreward doing business with you.

Thank you and welcome. You will find almost everything you need on the pages of both of the sites as well.

Randy - RPM
Randy - RPM

fb747

keep em coming Randy, I know that I most certainly appreciated you sending me parts when I was in Japan.

It looks like by the time I get my hands on another FJ I'll just be able to go through your site, tick every box, install and smile  :i_am_so_happy:
Life's pretty straight without twisties.

racerrad8

Another parts update;

I now have Yuasa AGM batteries in stock as well as a new maintenance charger. I will be adding a few more larger capacity chargers as I go along, but I wanted to get one in the shelf.

The start rebuild/brush kits are now on the shelf.

I have added the "sealmate" fork seal tool. It is a thin plastic tool designed to clean debris that get lodged between the seal & fork tube.

Spanner wrenches for aftermarket rear/spring shock adjustments and the list continues to grow.

Thanks again, Randy - RPM
Randy - RPM

rktmanfj

Quote from: racerrad8 on December 14, 2011, 01:11:22 PM

I have added the "sealmate" fork seal tool. It is a thin plastic tool designed to clean debris that get lodged between the seal & fork tube.

I never would have believed that one of these things would work until last spring.

I arrived at the ECSR with a suddenly leaky fork seal, and Carey fashioned one and worked on the seal with it.

That seal lasted out the season, and is still holding fine (although I will replace it soon and service the forks).

racerrad8

Quote from: rktmanfj on December 14, 2011, 01:24:03 PM
I never would have believed that one of these things would work until last spring.

I arrived at the ECSR with a suddenly leaky fork seal, and Carey fashioned one and worked on the seal with it.

That seal lasted out the season, and is still holding fine (although I will replace it soon and service the forks).

Yep, I believe most fork seal leaks are from debris such as dirt & bug residue. Once you clean them out hopefully they will last a while longer.

I used one with success on my bike after my return from the 2011 WCR. One started leaking shortly after return and the had just been rebuilt prior to going to the rally.

Randy - RPM
Randy - RPM

fj11.5

fork seal cleaner sounds good, have to be better than using a nine inch grinder on them  :biggrin:
unless you ride bikes, I mean really ride bikes, then you just won't get it

84 Fj1100  effie , with mods
( 88 ) Fj 1200  fairly standard , + blue spots
84 Fj1100 absolutely stock standard, now more stock , fitted with Fj12 twin system , no rusted headers for this felicity jayne

RichBaker

Quote from: rktmanfj on December 14, 2011, 01:24:03 PM
Quote from: racerrad8 on December 14, 2011, 01:11:22 PM

I made one that I use regularly on my WR450F USDs....  seems like the large-diameter tubes get stuff in there more easily than the old, flexy conventional tubes did.
Rich Baker - NRA Life, AZCDL, Trail Riders of S. AZ. , AMA Life, BRC, HEAT Dirt Riders, SAMA....
Tennessee Squire
90 FJ1200, 03 WR450F ;8^P