News:

Enjoy your FJ

Main Menu

RPM Parts Update

Started by racerrad8, September 09, 2011, 08:08:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

racerrad8

Well guys, it has been a hectic couple of months, but more & more inventory is arriving weekly.

I have added a bunch of tools to the website, like EZE brake bleeder syringe kit, one man brake bleeder kit, bearing drivers, 90* idle speed adjusting tool, two different safety wire pliers, master link pliers, liquid filled air gauges, 27mm sockets for the axle and steering head nut, just to name several. I have not been able to get time for photos yet, but I am hoping to have them up in the next week.

There are still other items I have not added yet, like a bearing removal tool, deluxe sync gauges, wheel weights (stick & slip on), 90* aluminum valve stems.

I have added magnetic oil pan drain plugs and oil filter magnets.

I am sourcing new machine shops as the one I have been using for years has fallen on hard times and lost most of their CNC equipment and cannot meet the higher demands for product.

Also, as previously posted, RPM is now the U.S. importer for Renntec products. I will be adding to the product line with each & every order. The Renntec line is not going to Yamaha specific, but anything and everything Renntec has to offer. This includes, grab bars, racks, soft luggage, back packs and paddock stands. So, if you have a need for any other Renntec item for anything else you own, please let me know. I am ordering bi-weekly and if you need something I can add it to any order.

The inaugural RPM t-shirt will be delivered to me tomorrow and I will get them posted up.

There is some new shop equipment that has found its way into the door, but more on that later.

Testing is still in progress on the rear shock. We are now on the third cycle for valving as the balance between the rear and front ,regarding rebound circuit is concerned is being a little trick. We started at point A, took a big swing to point Z and now we have to find the happy medium. The biggest delay at this point in the rear shock is the weather, combined with the fact I cannot work on the valving like I did with the fork valves and I have to send it back for them to re-valve, dyno and send back to me. But, I am pleased with the progress, but the IAT circuit definitely reacts differently than the other aftermarket shock valving, so even though we thought we were closed based on the other brand shocks dyno numbers; we weren't.

One thing that has happened and I am proud to say as RPM continues to grow, the buying power continues to increase. With this increased buying power, I have been able to lower the price on many items. As time moves on I will continue to search high & low for products for your FJ. I will continue to develop products I see that will fill the need of the aging FJ fleet and the continuing issue of Yamaha making parts FJ obsolete.

If you guys see something that you think would be a valued addition to the FJ, please let me know and I will evaluate the item and try and get it in hand for you.

Without you guys, I would not be able to continue to do this and your ongoing support is much appreciated.

Randy - RPM

Don't forget to get your RPM gift certificate for Christmas.
Randy - RPM

racerrad8

They are here, the inaugural RPM t-shirt. They are sized from small to XX-Large. I also included X-Large tall/long per the requests.

RPM T-Shirt

Randy - RPM
Randy - RPM

FJmonkey

Can I get a mock turtle in long sleeve in XL????? Red and White of course.....  :yahoo:
The glass is not half full, it was engineered with a 2X safety factor.

'86 Ambulance - Bent frame, cracked case, due for an overhaul
'89 Stormy Blue - Suits my Dark Side

racerrad8

Quote from: FJmonkey on November 30, 2012, 07:34:51 PM
Can I get a mock turtle in long sleeve in XL????? Red and White of course.....  :yahoo:

Someday Mark, someday...

Randy
Randy - RPM

FJmonkey

Just teasing cuz I love you man.... I like the image, I need to have a few in my ride gear....
The glass is not half full, it was engineered with a 2X safety factor.

'86 Ambulance - Bent frame, cracked case, due for an overhaul
'89 Stormy Blue - Suits my Dark Side

racerman_27410

Just hearing a FJ owner say "mock turtle" is some funny stuff right there. I have got to get out there for a rally! :lol:!

KOokaloo!

Mike Ramos

The T Shirts look great.

Would it be possible to obtain a beanie with the RPM logo for your follicle challenged customers?

Those poor bastards get cold heads in in-climate weather.

Just curious...

Thanks.

aviationfred

Quote from: racerman_27410 on November 30, 2012, 08:15:50 PM
Can I get a mock turtle in long sleeve in XL????? Red and White of course.....  :yahoo:

Just hearing a FJ owner say "mock turtle" is some funny stuff right there. I have got to get out there for a rally! :lol:!

KOokaloo!

The shirts look great Randy... :good:

I agree, I am going to have to make the WCR so I can meet Mark and Randy..... :drinks:
I'm not the fastest FJ rider, I am 'half-fast', the fastest slow guy....

Current
2008 VFR800 RC46 Vtec
1996 VFR750 RC36/2
1990 FJ1300 (1297cc) Casper
1990 VFR750 RC36/1 Minnie
1989 FJ1200 Lazarus, the Streetfighter Project
1985 VF500F RC31 Interceptor

racerrad8

As I already posted earlier Christmas is upon us and I have gotten a couple new items for the FJ owner.

I have added the following to the website ready to ship to you.

Renntec FJ1200 carrier/rack

Moovamoto Stand

It has been a great year and there are great things on the horizon here at RPM and for your FJ.

When I was in Vegas last week I stopped in and had a heart to heart with the shock manufacture about the constant delays in the shock work. They now fully understand my position and what needs to be done. I was able to bring both versions of the shock back with me and they are both installed for the next round of testing which started yesterday.

The RPM stainless steel exhaust is in the final design stages and is being fitted on all models of the FJ and should be ready before spring of 2013. At this point it looks like we are going to have the choice of four mufflers. I am also having a set of slip-on mufflers designed and I believe the four mufflers will fit there as well.

I continue to add to the Yamaha inventory on every order and I have already depleted some parts from stock and they are now obsolete which is a shame. (86-88 Right fairing protector & Yamaha factory internal allen header nuts to name to from the top of my head)

2012 has been a great year as I was able to meet many new FJ'ers at the WCR & Colorado rallies and I am looking forward to the 2013 rally circuit and hope I can attend more.

It is because of you that I am able to continue to grow the inventory for the FJ. It is also because of you that I have continued to search for new vendors to purchase from and start to design RPM specific parts for your FJ.

It is because of you that I have ventured down this road, I want to help each and everyone of you when and if you need me help.

I hope you all have a safe holiday season and a Merry Christmas.

And don't forget, I have maintenance battery chargers to maintain your FJ battery while it is in winter hibernation.

Again, Thank you for the continued support and if you need something you cannot find on my website, shoot me an email. I will find it if I can or point in the direction you need to find it.

Randy - RPM

Randy - RPM

airheadPete

Thank you Randy; Merry Christmas to you as well! (From ALL of us, I expect.) I won't need the battery charger though, she doesn't hibernate. :-)
'92 FJ1200.    '84 R100CS
'78 GS750E.   '81 R100RS
'76 R90/6       '89 R100GS
'65 R60/2

racerrad8

I am now having the oil galley adapters made instead of buying them from another vendor. I have been able to lower the price as well.

I also will be posting up shortly that I now have the fitting for the oil pan galley as well.

If you are looking to install an oil temp or pressure gauge these adapters are what you need to install into the engine.

Yamaha Main Oil Galley Fitting

Randy - RPM
Randy - RPM

Alf

It would be fantastic if you stock a complete oil temperature clock kit

yamaha fj rider

Randy we know you have been working diligently on getting shocks ready. Just wondering on how that is going and when they might be ready? Thanks for all your efforts and the update.

Kurt
93 FJ1200
FJ 09
YZ250X I still love 2 strokes
Tenere 700
FJR1300ES

racerrad8

Quote from: yamaha fj rider on February 19, 2013, 08:38:30 AM
Randy we know you have been working diligently on getting shocks ready. Just wondering on how that is going and when they might be ready? Thanks for all your efforts and the update.

Kurt

Kurt, here is the latest on the shock from last week; http://www.fjowners.com/index.php?topic=7469.msg77537#msg77537

I hope to have the final feedback by the 1st of the month and be able to get into production.

Randy - RPM
Randy - RPM

big r

Hi all. Randy, I was trying to get into your website and set up an account. Every time I tried to input my email address it would tell me that there was already one in use. Am I doing something wrong? Maybe you could enlighten me, mind you that might be a bit difficult as I am just a truck driver( insert joke here). Thanks for any help Big R