News:

This forum is run by RPM and donations from members.

It is the donations of the members that help offset the operating cost of the forum. The secondary benefit of being a contributing member is the ability to save big during RPM Holiday sales. For more information please check out this link: Membership has its privileges 

Thank you for your support of the all mighty FJ.

Main Menu

RPM Parts Update

Started by racerrad8, September 09, 2011, 08:08:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The General

errr... Randy (Mate, Buddy, Pal)  :praising: . You do realise that downunder is a totally different environment. Apart from lush forests, painfull twisting roads, particularly in our Alpine country, a little rain and a few bushfires in tha middle of summer... we also ride on the left hand side of the road most of tha time. We have black soil country where the roads kinda waver over time. We have Red soil country with moving bumps..some with long tails! Have you run the shock upside down?...NO! ...I think you really need tha finished product (preferably 2) to be thoroughly tested here in Oz. ...to be fair, I would put it to the previous Rally committee for deliberation on who should do the testing.  :mail1:
`93 with downside up forks.
`78 XS11/1200 with a bit on the side.
Special edition Rocket Ship ZX14R Kwacka

aviationfred

Good plug for getting a shock or 2 for testing Down Under.

Riding in the LEFT hand lane does present some challenges to shock tuning...... :morning1: I think I figured out what kind of coffee you all were drinking at the rally..... :drinks:

Fred
I'm not the fastest FJ rider, I am 'half-fast', the fastest slow guy....

Current
2008 VFR800 RC46 Vtec
1996 VFR750 RC36/2
1990 FJ1300 (1297cc) Casper
1990 VFR750 RC36/1 Minnie
1989 FJ1200 Lazarus, the Streetfighter Project
1985 VF500F RC31 Interceptor

fj11.5

dougy forgot to mention, if you park in tas too long in the shade, the shocks likely to have moss grow on it,  but only on the southern facing side,  , does it have an anti moss coating  :biggrin:
unless you ride bikes, I mean really ride bikes, then you just won't get it

84 Fj1100  effie , with mods
( 88 ) Fj 1200  fairly standard , + blue spots
84 Fj1100 absolutely stock standard, now more stock , fitted with Fj12 twin system , no rusted headers for this felicity jayne

racerrad8

Well, The Easter bunny has stopped by the shop a little early this year and dropped off the newly designed RPM fork brace.

RPM Fork Brace

Hopefully a few other anticipated items will be ready shortly too.

Randy - RPM
Randy - RPM

aviationfred

Quote from: racerrad8 on March 28, 2013, 11:33:25 AM
Well, The Easter bunny has stopped by the shop a little early this year and dropped off the newly designed RPM fork brace.

RPM Fork Brace

Randy - RPM

Randy,

The new design looks great. I will be ordering one very soon.  :drinks:

Fred

Current
2008 VFR800 RC46 Vtec
1996 VFR750 RC36/2

Mike Ramos

Howdy,

A new & improved Fork Brace from R.P.M for the stock FJ...?

There is gonna be hell to pay when the Preacher hears about this...!

Uh oh... ride safe,

Midget

Pat Conlon

Bless you my son, I have one on my '92 and, yes, they do work. (I have said that all along)

Although I haven't figured out how to fit one on my '84.....

Oh wait...it doesn't need one...isn't modern engineering just grand? Peace be with you my brother...

Ride well.
1) Free Owners Manual download: https://tinyurl.com/fmsz7hk9
2) Don't store your FJ with E10 fuel https://tinyurl.com/3cjrfct5
3) Replace your old stock rubber brake lines.
4) Important items for the '84-87 FJ's:
Safety wire: https://tinyurl.com/99zp8ufh
Fuel line: https://tinyurl.com/bdff9bf3

nurse

Quote from: racerrad8 on March 28, 2013, 11:33:25 AM

RPM Fork Brace

Randy - RPM

Will be ordering as soon as payday comes around, keep a black one by for me!

General wondering...the opening for the fork tubes looks...elliptical/oval?!? Is that just the picture or is there a reason for this?  The previous brace looked rounder if memory serves.
A life has been well lived, if you have planted trees under who's shade you do not expect to sit.

I'm told I'm cynical, pessimistic and generally miserable. I say that I'm realistic! The fact that reality sucks is not my fault!

yamaha fj rider

Fork brace looks great Randy, super job, Thanks again.

Kurt
93 FJ1200
FJ 09
YZ250X I still love 2 strokes
Tenere 700
FJR1300ES

FJmonkey

Quote from: nurse on March 28, 2013, 03:09:28 PM
General wondering...the opening for the fork tubes looks...elliptical/oval?!? Is that just the picture or is there a reason for this?  The previous brace looked rounder if memory serves.
I noticed the shape as well, Randy mentioned making a design change in how they clamp on the forks. I think you spotted it.
The glass is not half full, it was engineered with a 2X safety factor.

'86 Ambulance - Bent frame, cracked case, due for an overhaul
'89 Stormy Blue - Suits my Dark Side

nurse

What was the reason for needing the change? 
A life has been well lived, if you have planted trees under who's shade you do not expect to sit.

I'm told I'm cynical, pessimistic and generally miserable. I say that I'm realistic! The fact that reality sucks is not my fault!

oldktmdude

Quote from: The General on March 23, 2013, 04:30:41 PM

errr... Randy (Mate, Buddy, Pal)  :praising: . You do realise that downunder is a totally different environment. Apart from lush forests, painfull twisting roads, particularly in our Alpine country, a little rain and a few bushfires in tha middle of summer... we also ride on the left hand side of the road most of tha time. We have black soil country where the roads kinda waver over time. We have Red soil country with moving bumps..some with long tails! Have you run the shock upside down?...NO! ...I think you really need tha finished product (preferably 2) to be thoroughly tested here in Oz. ...to be fair, I would put it to the previous Rally committee for deliberation on who should do the testing.  :mail1:
Great idea Doug. Randy, if you haven't already shipped the 4 pilot jets that I've ordered, you could slip a new R.P.M shock ( to suit an '85 thanks) into the package and I'd be more than happy to test it for you. If you could get it here before the middle of May I could fit it just in time for my trip out to Broken Hill. Some really good testing conditions out that way. Good mix of sealed and dirt roads. More than happy to help you out.  Regards, Pete.    :hi:
1985 FJ1100 x2 (1 sold)
2009 TDM 900
1980 Kawasaki Z1R Mk11 (sold and still regretting it)
1979 Kawasaki Z650 (sold)
1985 Suzuki GSXR 400 x2 (next project)
2001 KTM 520 exc (sold)
2004 GasGas Ec300
1981 Honda CB 900 F (sold)
1989 Kawasaki GPX 600 Adventure

FJmonkey

Quote from: nurse on March 29, 2013, 03:16:56 PM
What was the reason for needing the change? 
I think it was pinching too much on the forks on some bikes.
The glass is not half full, it was engineered with a 2X safety factor.

'86 Ambulance - Bent frame, cracked case, due for an overhaul
'89 Stormy Blue - Suits my Dark Side

aviationfred

Clear Fork Brace ordered.  :yahoo:   I kept putting it off with the old design, I was ready to order one a few months back and they were all gone.  :dash2: Thank you Randy for finding another source to make these.  :drinks:

Fred

Current
2008 VFR800 RC46 Vtec
1996 VFR750 RC36/2

fj11.5

great looking brace, , but dam it randy you've added a whole truck load of great stuff since last time i looked, now my wish list is huge  :biggrin:,, just one question, what colour is the digital gear selector display, please dont say blue as then ill want that too  :dash2:
unless you ride bikes, I mean really ride bikes, then you just won't get it

84 Fj1100  effie , with mods
( 88 ) Fj 1200  fairly standard , + blue spots
84 Fj1100 absolutely stock standard, now more stock , fitted with Fj12 twin system , no rusted headers for this felicity jayne