News:

This forum is run by RPM and donations from members.

It is the donations of the members that help offset the operating cost of the forum. The secondary benefit of being a contributing member is the ability to save big during RPM Holiday sales. For more information please check out this link: Membership has its privileges 

Thank you for your support of the all mighty FJ.

Main Menu

What's a Kookaloo?

Started by eddohawk, September 27, 2011, 03:32:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

eddohawk

Greetings

I've been pondering this for a few days now......so tell me what exactly is a Kookaloo? Is it related to the Kookaburra?

Pat Conlon

Kookaloo came from one of our forum founders, Frank Moore (racerman 27410)....or rather his little sister....read on...

Quote from: racerman_27410 on September 27, 2011, 12:38:48 AM
Quote from: CanDman on September 26, 2011, 10:19:05 PM
what the heck is KOOKALOO????? AND WHERE DID IT COME FROM? (popcorn)

Long story short....

My little sister coined the term.....she started riding when she was 8 and had been riding the YZ80 i bought for her for about 2 years... she used to watch me and after months of ass busting by the little beast she finally learned how to pop a wheelie........

finally she got the knack of it.... i mean she got really good at riding a 2 stroke wheelie, changing gears and everything on one wheel. That race kitted YZ80 was not easy to ride in the least either... lots of grown men had been thrown off the back of it but i digress......

I would sit out front and watch her practice for hours (she wasnt allowed to ride un supervised) and when she would really get into a good wheelie, she would shift into 4th gear and keep the bike balanced right on the pipe with judicious throttle control.... it was fun to watch. (especially after watching her bust her ass so many times learning the wheelie)

She didnt even realize she was screaming anything... it was just a natural expression of happiness for her and her one wheel mastery of the YZ80 beast.

I just picked up on it .... i guess it's use would be like"Kind regards"or "best wishes" except i wish everyone the feeling of the thrill!    In present company everyone knows the rush of the FJ when the tach swings into the upper range so i guess it was kind of natural for them to pick up on it.

How do you explain to people that you use a word that doesnt really exist to describe an emotional state that really does exist!  :biggrin:

one must experience it in order to know it.

imagine Barney Fife (of Andy Griffith show ) doing the call of the red crested lake lure...... HOoty Hoooooo! and you will know how it's supposed to sound !

now you know.

Kookaloo! (get some whenever you can, however you can) :good2:

1) Free Owners Manual download: https://tinyurl.com/fmsz7hk9
2) Don't store your FJ with E10 fuel https://tinyurl.com/3cjrfct5
3) Replace your old stock rubber brake lines.
4) Important items for the '84-87 FJ's:
Safety wire: https://tinyurl.com/99zp8ufh
Fuel line: https://tinyurl.com/bdff9bf3

FJmonkey

The glass is not half full, it was engineered with a 2X safety factor.

'86 Ambulance - Bent frame, cracked case, due for an overhaul
'89 Stormy Blue - Suits my Dark Side

racerman_27410

FJTillDeath

I think Marsh should make the Kookaloo a sticky thread so that the new members dont have to keep asking, as it is a very intriguing word.

What the rest of yous think?
Life behind bars - is actually quite thrilling

Lotsokids

NOW I know! I've seen it used much around here, but never knew. Good idea posting it here.

Actually, I thought it was some unusual Australian term, since the Aussies have a large presence here.
U.S. Air Force sport bike instructor (initial cadre), 2007-2009

I'm an American living & working in Hungary

Steve_in_Florida

Whenever I see or hear an acronym or a "slangy" term I don't recognize, I run it through:

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=KOokaloo

and see if its been added to the world vernacular.

Parents, you can now keep up with your kids' lingo. Be afraid!

`90 FJ-1200
`92 FJ-1200

IBA # 54823

billwest

Quote from: Lotsokids on September 29, 2011, 01:16:11 AM
Actually, I thought it was some unusual Australian term, since the Aussies have a large presence here.

Bewdy bonzer mate.  Now we know what it means.

BTW, we Aussies don't use any unusual terms, because if we did, we would we up shit creek in a barbed wire canoe using dogs as paddles.  We would be busier than a long tailed rat in a room full of rocking chairs, and flat out like a lizard drinking, trying to explain ourselves to the rest of the world, ok, cobber?

Sold it!

eddohawk

Having said that...its AFL Grand Final day and I'm as dry as a dead dingos donger. Time to grab another tinny from the back of the ute.

Thanks for clarifying the kookaloo thing...

Regards to all

Mark

Lotsokids

I let a good friend borrow my FJ for the weekend. As soon as he got it to his house on Saturday, he called me and yelled, "HOLY FASTEST BIKE ON THE PLANET!!!" I got the bike back this morning (Monday). His eyes were big and he was shaking a little describing the experience as the tach climbed toward the red.

So I mentioned the "Kookaloo" topic here and it's history. He laughed and said, "That's IT." :yahoo:
U.S. Air Force sport bike instructor (initial cadre), 2007-2009

I'm an American living & working in Hungary

racerman_27410

Quote from: Lotsokids on October 03, 2011, 02:27:16 PM
I let a good friend borrow my FJ for the weekend. As soon as he got it to his house on Saturday, he called me and yelled, "HOLY FASTEST BIKE ON THE PLANET!!!" I got the bike back this morning (Monday). His eyes were big and he was shaking a little describing the experience as the tach climbed toward the red.

So I mentioned the "Kookaloo" topic here and it's history. He laughed and said, "That's IT." :yahoo:

LOL thats great!

.... my little sister thinks it funny that i still KOokaloo! so many years after she invented the "word".

fj11.5

Quote from: eddohawk on September 30, 2011, 03:41:16 PM
Having said that...its AFL Grand Final day and I'm as dry as a dead dingos donger. Time to grab another tinny from the back of the ute.

Regards to all

Markiz
hope you had a dogs eye with dead horse to go with ya footy mate ,  was I xxxx cb or Melbourne bitter , or bloody fosters to wash it down ya cake hole.  :wacko3:
unless you ride bikes, I mean really ride bikes, then you just won't get it

84 Fj1100  effie , with mods
( 88 ) Fj 1200  fairly standard , + blue spots
84 Fj1100 absolutely stock standard, now more stock , fitted with Fj12 twin system , no rusted headers for this felicity jayne

rktmanfj

Quote from: fj11.5 on October 03, 2011, 03:51:10 PM
Quote from: eddohawk on September 30, 2011, 03:41:16 PM

Regards to all

Markiz
hope you had a dogs eye with dead horse to go with ya footy mate ,  was I xxxx cb or Melbourne bitter , or bloody fosters to wash it down ya cake hole.  :wacko3:

Fosters will do if there's no decent beer around, I guess...

Harvy

Randy..... I'm bit worried about the angle of the pinky finger there mate.

Hahahaha.
Harvy
FJZ1 1200 - It'll do me just fine.
Timing has much to do with the success of a rain dance.

Travis398

I think that is sign language for "I need another beer"
:drinks:

When all you have is a hammer, everything looks like a nail.