News:

Enjoy your FJ

Main Menu

What's a Kookaloo?

Started by eddohawk, September 27, 2011, 03:32:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rktmanfj

Quote from: Harvy on October 03, 2011, 04:56:46 PM
Randy..... I'm bit worried about the angle of the pinky finger there mate.

Hahahaha.
Harvy

T'was a little salute to Klavdy... he said that's the way real Aussies drink it.     :good:   

Harvy

NO!..... real Aussies don't drink that rubbish!

lol

Harvy
FJZ1 1200 - It'll do me just fine.
Timing has much to do with the success of a rain dance.

rktmanfj

Quote from: Harvy on October 03, 2011, 05:10:45 PM

lol

Harvy

I can believe that... it was still better than the other crap the beer guy lugged up there.     :pardon:

Marsh White

Quote from: rktmanfj on October 03, 2011, 05:38:26 PM

lol

Harvy

I can believe that... it was still better than the other crap the beer guy lugged up there.     :pardon:

Honestly - I don't think you could buy Fosters in Australia if you tried - not that you would want to try.  Also - there is no such thing as Coors Light over there either...weird place...

Harvy

Well ya see Marsh, dishwater is used for washin dishes, not drinkin!

hahahaha

I personally like a beer with a bit of body to it. Been a Tooheys OLD drinker for a few years now.
And that my friends is some statement, considering I'm originally from Victoria, and no Victorian would have been caught dead drinking a NSW brew back when I was a lad.

Cheers
Harvy
FJZ1 1200 - It'll do me just fine.
Timing has much to do with the success of a rain dance.

Arnie

Quote from: Harvy on October 03, 2011, 09:49:27 PM

I personally like a beer with a bit of body to it. Been a Tooheys OLD drinker for a few years now.
And that my friends is some statement, considering I'm originally from Victoria, and no Victorian would have been caught dead drinking a NSW brew back when I was a lad.

Cheers
Harvy

Yeah!  And that parochialism extends also to what footy team you barrack for and even what game is called "footy".  As for the brand of beer ...... Fosters, the brewer of most 'Aussie' beers, is now owned by a furrin mob.

Arnie

rktmanfj

Quote from: Marsh White on October 03, 2011, 09:04:52 PM
Quote from: rktmanfj on October 03, 2011, 05:38:26 PM

lol

Harvy

Honestly - I don't think you could buy Fosters in Australia if you tried - not that you would want to try.  Also - there is no such thing as Coors Light over there either...weird place...

IIRC, Coors Light was the other swill the poor guy was trying to sell, heh.

andyb

Quote from: rktmanfj on October 06, 2011, 09:55:04 AM

IIRC, Coors Light was the other swill the poor guy was trying to sell, heh.

Why, wasn't beer allowed?

billwest

Quote from: Harvy on October 03, 2011, 09:49:27 PM

I would have thought a Coopers Stout would have been right up your alley?
Sold it!

oldktmdude

I'm with Harvy on this one. Tooheys Old is a great drop, been drinking it for 25+ years, although Coopers Stout is right up there with it.
1985 FJ1100 x2 (1 sold)
2009 TDM 900
1980 Kawasaki Z1R Mk11 (sold and still regretting it)
1979 Kawasaki Z650 (sold)
1985 Suzuki GSXR 400 x2 (next project)
2001 KTM 520 exc (sold)
2004 GasGas Ec300
1981 Honda CB 900 F (sold)
1989 Kawasaki GPX 600 Adventure

FJTillDeath

Always interesting to see the different beers across the globe, quite lucky where I am as they make some decent ones and they sell it at all kinds of events, although...

Life behind bars - is actually quite thrilling

mst3kguy

Quote from: rktmanfj on October 03, 2011, 05:06:10 PM

Hahahaha.
Harvy

T'was a little salute to Klavdy... he said that's the way real Aussies drink it.     :good:   
dean
2014 triumph street triple r
2019 ktm 1290 superduke gt

tmkaos

My first Kookaloo was about 800m down the road from the dealers yard on the motorway onramp on the test ride... Before I found this forum and before I'd even bought the bike, having just got off my very tired 83 VF750 Sabre, my initial translation of it was "S**t I'm about to fall off the back!!!"

But Kookaloo works pretty damn good...  :yahoo:

I was used to being able to go WOT in 1st and 2nd without sliding back in the seat... wow.. Only if you're hanging on and braced now!
'92 FJ1200 - '07 to present
'83 VF750S Sabre - '04 - '07
'87 VT250FG - '94 - '98

racerman_27410

Quote from: tmkaos on October 20, 2011, 04:47:24 PM
My first Kookaloo was about 800m down the road from the dealers yard on the motorway onramp on the test ride... Before I found this forum and before I'd even bought the bike, having just got off my very tired 83 VF750 Sabre, my initial translation of it was "S**t I'm about to fall off the back!!!"

But Kookaloo works pretty damn good...  :yahoo:

I was used to being able to go WOT in 1st and 2nd without sliding back in the seat... wow.. Only if you're hanging on and braced now!

lol thats a good one...  your kookaloo -foo is strong! :good2:

yes you must be ready when you unleash what lies inside the FJ beastie..... just imagine it with a light crank . 1349 pistons , cams and some flatslide pumper carbs to make her jump like a bull thats just got the 40 million volt prod.

exponential kookaloo!

Yes....Life is good .... i know as long as i own my FJ i will be able to entertain/scare myself silly anytime i choose!

I know you enjoy your FJ mate!

KOokaloo!   ( be ready for it cause you can get it :biggrin:)

fj11.5

Quote from: mst3kguy on October 07, 2011, 10:20:30 PM

Quote from: rktmanfj on October 03, 2011, 05:06:10 PM

Hahahaha.
Harvy

fosters may only be  consumed whilst wearing an inxs t shirt, lucky thats the last shirt in the country :sarcastic:
unless you ride bikes, I mean really ride bikes, then you just won't get it

84 Fj1100  effie , with mods
( 88 ) Fj 1200  fairly standard , + blue spots
84 Fj1100 absolutely stock standard, now more stock , fitted with Fj12 twin system , no rusted headers for this felicity jayne