News:

Welcome to FJowners.com

It is the members who make this best place for FJ related content on the internet.

Main Menu

Home from West Coast Rally

Started by Marsh White, May 31, 2009, 12:28:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Marsh White

Well, Klavdy and I are safely home from the WCR (got in at 9:00 pm last night).  Due to some unfortunate circumstances at Klavdy's job site in PNG, we had to leave a day early and do 500 miles of slab to get home.

The rally was great this year as always!  Some good antics, and a lost wager provided some levity by the fire.  Mr. Bean brought a video projector and played some video from his recent trip to visit Klavdy in AUS - as well as a very well done video spoof/suprise for Klavdy.

Not to mention the COOLEST fucking rally t-shirts ever!!!  Courtesy of LA Mike of course!

I missed ride 2 this year, but ride 1 was great.  No mishaps and a very enjoyable ride with the gang.  I'll post pics soon.

LA Mike

Also home from the rally about two hours ago, and yes it was a GREAT time. The seconds ride was also great it was lead by Andy French, and before the evening campfire we were treated to some OUTSTANDING BBQ chicken, ribs, hot dogs and asparagus courtesy of chef Mark and chef Craig. Around the fire we all talked about going back to Willits next year so we can do the Leggit run and others.

As we all know Marsh is very photogenic and there are some pics to come that just can't be expressed in words :biggrin:

Let K-man know I have his coffee pot and he has to come back in September to claim it...

MyOwnFJ1200

hey all Sheri Bradley and I got home about and hour ago  it was about 12 hours drive in all. The rally was most exelent as usual i thought the day two ride was a great ride Andy did a great job at leading it damn i love those twisties on highway 29 through the pass.

Brian Kalama, WA
89 FJ1200
84 FJ1100
82 XR500r                                                  :bomb:  :dash2:  :bomb:

Ratchet_72

Jason Cox
-------------------------------
2000 Honda CBR1100XX
1977 Ironhead
Sacto, CA.

andyoutandabout

Back to base safe and sound. What a great bunch of folks, what an awesome rally. Unfortunate to lose Marsh and Klavdy early due to the rest of the world rudely imposing it's happenings - can men get no peace - surely one weekend in the year is not too much to ask? ooh hum. - we got good value out of them though, be it Marsh's lost bet punishment or Klavdy's video oddness that must have really put the wind up Garth at the time - and who knows what else.
    A fun stuffed two days razzing around NorCals twisties and endless b/s-ing the evenings away until exhausted riders retired to their cabins to dream of further Fj antics. There can be no greater pastime known to man/womankind than an Fj rally. The only bummer is we've a whole cruel year to wait before we all do it again. Until then, Craig's BBQ skills, Pat' relentless polishing, Mark's SUV encounter, Brian's love of 29 turns, Dave's quest for a reasonably priced winery, Kim's command of all that is engineering, Jason's search for a less 80's windscreen, Mike's budding Fj image wear wholesale project and questionable use of a GPS, Don's disappearance, and Scott McDonald's non- appearance, will all be ripe for forum threads should anyone care to comment.
Andy French
life without a bike is just life

pdxfj

Rolled into the driveway about 20 minutes ago.  Roughly 13 1/2 hours with quite a few stops for fuel.

Great rally as usual.  Can't believe that it was #5 for me already.  Where has the time gone?

Good to see everyone again and meet new folks.  Look forward to next year already.

Will get some video (bet) up in the next few days.  Right now my very sunburned nose and sore body are going to sleep.

rktmanfj

Quote from: andyoutandabout on May 31, 2009, 11:54:11 PMThe only bummer is we've a whole cruel year to wait before we all do it again.
Andy French

Nah, all ya have ta to do start a Fall WC FJ Rally...          :good:

Randy T
Indy

Pat Conlon

I rolled in last night about 9 ish. All is well except those damn aluminum pop rivets on my F1 slipons....Only one loose rivet left holding my can on the left side....Whew.   Time for some SS rivets.
Thank you Marsh for all your hard work on setting this event up for all of us to enjoy.
Thank you LA Mike for the bitchen T shirt.

Thanks all for the great time!

Pat
1) Free Owners Manual download: https://tinyurl.com/fmsz7hk9
2) Don't store your FJ with E10 fuel https://tinyurl.com/3cjrfct5
3) Replace your old stock rubber brake lines.
4) Important items for the '84-87 FJ's:
Safety wire: https://tinyurl.com/99zp8ufh
Fuel line: https://tinyurl.com/bdff9bf3

Mark Olson

back home again safe and sound, the rally is just too short and the time goes so fast. It is always great to see everyone and swap mod ideas and and maint tips. the rides are always great and hanging around the bbq after a great day of riding is heaven. the camp fire chatter is always a treat as the stories get better every year.

thanks and mad props to the following : :yahoo:

pat for the braided steel brake lines ,they will be installed shortly.
marsh for leading the group ride and all he does to make the rallys a success.
klavdy for coffee and flip flops and being the MOST OFFENSIVE PERSON ON THE INTERNET.
LA mike for the awesome t-shirts and hoodies.
garth for being a pyro and great video clips.
andy for leading the saturday ride and not getting us too lost.
craig for his excellent mastery of the bbq.
cruiser dave for his great attitude and sheer entertainment value.
kim for his clutch tips.
jason for having a stock 87 and still rippin it up.
don for bringing his date to a rally. very brave with this crowd.
sheri and bradley for the store runs and holding down the camp.
brian for being a beacon in the darkness and leading me into the light.

a great rally with no tickets, breakdowns, crashes,and I can't wait to do it again.

How big was that pine cone Pat? :lol:
Mark O.
86 fj1200
sac ca.

" Get off your ass and Ride"

Pat Conlon

Quote from: Mark Olson on June 01, 2009, 01:54:59 PM
How big was that pine cone Pat? :lol:

Biggest damn pine cone I ever saw, must have been 4' long.......
1) Free Owners Manual download: https://tinyurl.com/fmsz7hk9
2) Don't store your FJ with E10 fuel https://tinyurl.com/3cjrfct5
3) Replace your old stock rubber brake lines.
4) Important items for the '84-87 FJ's:
Safety wire: https://tinyurl.com/99zp8ufh
Fuel line: https://tinyurl.com/bdff9bf3

Zari

What can I say??...  You are a hell of a bunch; a bunch of %#@* NUTS.  And thats why I know I found my peeps...   The sheer knowledge, love and intrigue for the beauty that is FJ; I'm very impressed with everyone.  Good thing I made the effort to find your club, now I have plenty of friends to ride with. 
What a great time! 
And Marsh, I too appreciatte your hard work and effort to the club, and only hope your Father is doing well!!  Klavdy must be spun and exhausted by now... where are you now?  China? New Zealand? Aus? 
Mark, you covered all the attendees, and it was well put....  I second his comments  Glad to see everyone made it home safe and sound, and look forward to a repeat at Willits next year.

pdxfj

Is it just me or is the pine cone getting larger every time he mentions it?   :biggrin:

Quote from: Pat Conlon on June 01, 2009, 03:52:22 PM

Biggest damn pine cone I ever saw, must have been 4' long.......

DeGremlin

How'd could Pat even notice that little spec on the roadway? Sheesh.

Mr Garth, hydrating and plotting future festivities.....where does all that water go???

Made it back safe and sound.  The Shadow brakes are purty much shot and other than my a$$ turning up missing a few hours yesterday that is the only casualty.  Thanks for making an NON-FJ owner feel at home at an FJ Owners Club..  LOL

- Dave Grimmell
- Salem, OR

RumBoy

Was nice to finally meet at least some of the FJ group. Next year will be on mate!

We wanted to come down to the KOA on Sat afternoon too, to hang out, but the missus went and had herself a gallstone attack,  :bad: and on the way back up the mountain we got a flat tyre, had to get that fixed... good lord...  fun filled afternoon that was.  :flag_of_truce:

That was really cool hearing the group of roaring FJ's coming from miles away, like a pack of angry hornets, and when they finally pulled in to the overlook area, that was very exhilarating.  :good2: Wished I had my bike in Cali too.

I gotta get myself some better riding clobber. You guys are dressed very well.

Looking forward to next year's WCR to come camping and riding!

Chris & Lori
DILLIGAS

TRoy

1) Hey Jason did you get that windscreen from Henry?

2) Pat looks much younger with the fuzzy face.

Peace & Love
86FJ 100K+
07Burg650
15Downtown300